The Student Room Group

Can someone please give me a simple explanation of the card system?

With the points, I understood that if I got 15 points I was banned... How many cards is it when I'm banned? I currently have 3 blue cards.. halp

Bring back the points!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by uktotalgamer
With the points, I understood that if I got 15 points I was banned... How many cards is it when I'm banned? I currently have 3 blue cards.. halp

Bring back the points!

Blue mean nothing and are just reminders.
If you accumulate yellow cards you may get a red card which is a ban but I don't think there is a set number of yellows before a red.
You'll be banned temporarily (for a week) if you receive a red card and permanently if you receive a black card.

If you have one active red card and receive a second, you'll receive a black card automatically.

If you have two active yellow cards and receive a third, you'll receive a red card automatically.

If you have three active blue cards and receive a fourth, you'll receive a yellow card automatically.
I *think* three yellow cards = a ban. I've got 2 yellows and 7 blues :cry:
Original post by Maid Marian

How did you get so many?
Original post by Henry_Tudor
How did you get so many?

Not allowed to say :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Potally_Tissed
You'll be banned temporarily (for a week) if you receive a red card and permanently if you receive a black card.

If you have one active red card and receive a second, you'll receive a black card automatically.

If you have two active yellow cards and receive a third, you'll receive a red card automatically.

If you have three active blue cards and receive a fourth, you'll receive a yellow card automatically.

mind = exploded.. How freaking complicated.

How are you worse than me..

How did you get so many?

I could give an answer to that, but I risk a sending off.

How are you worse than me..

:dontknow: *sigh*
Not allowed to say :frown:

mind = exploded.. How freaking complicated.

I could give an answer to that, but I risk a sending off.

Why can you not say, surely talking about it will make other users weary of the system therefore users will not do/say something which could risk a card?!

EG I got a blue for something I didn't think you could get a card for!
Why can you not say, surely talking about it will make other users weary of the system therefore users will not do/say something which could risk a card?!

EG I got a blue for something I didn't think you could get a card for!

You get a card if you say what you got them for :sadnod: I don't understand it at all, for exactly the reason you gave!
Reply 10
how close am i with 2 yellow and 7 blue
Original post by Padwas
how close am i with 2 yellow and 7 blue

Any sort of card will result in a ban, unless your cards start to expire first.
Reply 12
Any sort of card will result in a ban, unless your cards start to expire first.

oh dear god really if i get banned will the cards reset
Reply 13
No one knows how the card system works, but it's provocative. It gets the people going.
Original post by Padwas
oh dear god really if i get banned will the cards reset

No, they expire after a set amount of time, which you can see here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/record.php?do=list&userid=1230403
Reply 15
No, they expire after a set amount of time, which you can see here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/record.php?do=list&userid=1230403

what happens if i get enough cards to be banned and get banned then when i return how many chances do i get
The only possible flaw with the old points system was that if you racked up 0 warning points to 15 warning points in a short space of time, you would get banned (yes we all know that), however after a week when you are unbanned, those 15 warning points would remain for a short period of time on your account. If you committed a smaller offence and got more warning points, you would get another week long ban.... straight after you just came back from the ban! Which was really unfair. Those warning points should expire from the moment you get unbanned, not a week after.
Original post by Padwas
what happens if i get enough cards to be banned and get banned then when i return how many chances do i get

Not sure what exactly you mean, but see post #3.
Original post by James A
The only possible flaw with the old points system was that if you racked up 0 warning points to 15 warning points in a short space of time, you would get banned (yes we all know that), however after a week when you are unbanned, those 15 warning points would remain for a short period of time on your account. If you committed a smaller offence and got more warning points, you would get another week long ban.... straight after you just came back from the ban! Which was really unfair. Those warning points should expire from the moment you get unbanned, not a week after.

The card system is similar, though. Even when returning from your ban, you will still have active yellow cards won't you?
Reply 19
Not sure what exactly you mean, but see post #3.

i meant if i get banned for a week after a week i come back what happens with my cards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending