The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
No, I mean 24, when you watch the ending, you will know what I mean.

Spoiler

Uh check below...

Spoiler

Original post by GalaxygunnerX
Uh check below...

Spoiler

The point is though, Asuna has to live with knowing what happened to her... (even though it wasn't her actual body but still...)
The point is though, Asuna has to live with knowing what happened to her... (even though it wasn't her actual body but still...)

Hmm..... I thought this series ended at episode 14... Turns out... I was wrong! Instead... ELVES! (Bear in mind I'm typing this as I watch the intro to episode 15...)

Yo this series has a happy ending right?

Spoiler

I watched The Legend of Korra a while back. It was :awesome: but not as good as Avatar: The Last Airbender though..
Yo this series has a happy ending right?

Spoiler

You'll run dry then at the end of Angel Beats or (apparently Clanned but I found it dead boring...).
Fairy Tail is awesome though. =D

My favourite anime in terms of art design though HAS to be Ao No Exorcist or Fairy Tail. :biggrin:

Although, SAO is really two parts, Sword Art Online followed by Alfheim Online even though Alfheim Online is really the second half of SAO (episode 15 onwards). =l

"Is it a happy ending" - Yes it is.
Is it cliche? Yes it is.
(edited 10 years ago)
You'll run dry then at the end of Angel Beats or (apparently Clanned but I found it dead boring...).
Fairy Tail is awesome though. =D

My favourite anime in terms of art design though HAS to be Ao No Exorcist or Fairy Tail. :biggrin:

Although, SAO is really two parts, Sword Art Online followed by Alfheim Online even though Alfheim Online is really the second half of SAO (episode 15 onwards). =l

"Is it a happy ending" - Yes it is.
Is it cliche? Yes it is.

Phew....

Angel beats was alright, Clannad was ok as well... I'm not the one to get emotional that often...it's just that I'm softer now due to the loss of certain loved ones...

Fairy tail hasn't ended though right? I haven't been keeping up with the manga... I usually read an arc and then stop as I don't like being left hanging especially when they get interesting...

My favourite anime in terms of art design has to be Samurai Champloo. Can't fault it... Fairy tail and ao no exorcist ain't that bad either...

What's your favourite manga in terms of the art? I'd have to say One Piece for that one...
Original post by AMYC1999
I watched The Legend of Korra a while back. It was :awesome: but not as good as Avatar: The Last Airbender though..

I agree although one thing that annoyed me was how the second season had that cringe worthy romance bullcrap, something the series could do without :biggrin:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dilzo999
I agree although one thing that annoyed me was how the second season had that cringe worthy romance bullcrap, something the series could do without :biggrin:.

I've only started watching it, so the first season included :biggrin: and some of the 2nd too, haven't got round to watching it all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Phew....

Angel beats was alright, Clannad was ok as well... I'm not the one to get emotional that often...it's just that I'm softer now due to the loss of certain loved ones...

Fairy tail hasn't ended though right? I haven't been keeping up with the manga... I usually read an arc and then stop as I don't like being left hanging especially when they get interesting...

My favourite anime in terms of art design has to be Samurai Champloo. Can't fault it... Fairy tail and ao no exorcist ain't that bad either...

What's your favourite manga in terms of the art? I'd have to say One Piece for that one...

I only read 2 manga...
Fairy Tail and Attack On Titan, where both are so different, you can't really state a "favourite". =l
And no, Fairy Tail hasn't ended, Grand Magic Games Arc was EPIC! Although, not liking the current arc as much because these demons are supposed to be the most powerful demons from the book of Zeref and they are getting cut down left, right and centre...
Hell, Ur had to sacrifice herself to defeat Deliorah which wasn't even supposed to be in the same class as the demons in this arc! :angry:
Reply 6170
As it's been a few weeks since my last update, I figured I'd write my thoughts on what I've been watching. I won't be able to cover everything in one post, so I'll just aim to highlight anything that comes to mind.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio has really come into its own as we reach the end. As mentioned in an earlier post, episode 10 was really quite something as it tackled the notion of self sacrifice and realisation of oneself really well, and I can't wait to watch the final episode after I finish this post.

Magi has been really good lately. This is probably my favourite of the moment, if I'm honest, as I love the world setting and where the plot is going. The latest episode was awesome, especially the last part.

Freezing Vibration has been reasonably interesting to watch, although I can't help but feel that it lacks something that made the first season so enjoyable. In fact, I found some parts of this series quite challenging to watch. I'm a few episodes behind, but I'll get around to them either tonight or sometime this week.

Galilei Donna is a very polished anime, but there's something lacking for me. I don't have this urge to watch it each week. I suppose it's partly because the characters themselves, whilst somewhat likeable, aren't really strong enough. They don't possess personalities that can carry the series forward. I'll still end up watching this, but it's not reeling me in, so I'm a bit behind (three episodes).

Hajime no Ippo Rising is continuing to remain enjoyable, as expected. It's funny how this series has been using the same formula, more or less, since the very beginning, and yet… over a 100 episodes later, it's still exciting.

Kill la Kill is by far the standout of this season, largely due to its stylisation. I'm two episodes behind on this, but I'll probably play catch up soon.

Log Horizon has been progressing steadily and nicely. What I really like about this series is that it stays true to its genre and the characters are really likeable. The main character, in particular, is quite original in that he doesn't possess any of the cliches you'd expect and is in fact quite the opposite, and in a good way. I have no qualms watching this each week, despite the lack of 'drama'.

Machine-Doll wa Kizuksukanai started off really well as I have a penchant for the master/servant trope, but the story hasn't really progressed in a way that's kept it interesting. It's not bad, but it's not especially exciting either, which is a shame. I'll continue watching it, but I'm not expecting anything too great.

Naruto Shippuden has come out of its rut finally in the last ten episodes or so because plot development is actually happening and there's plenty of action, which is what you want from this series. It's at a critical point at the moment, which makes it even better.

One Piece has just come out of a major arc and we're now going through a transitionary period. I'm not sure if this is filler or not as I'm not keeping up to date with the manga, but it seems like it. It's not bad filler, though. It's still pretty interesting.

Strike the Blood is the type of anime that's pretty unoriginal and only slightly above average, but there's enough going on to keep it interesting, and the relationships the characters share helps, so I'll keep this on.

Tokyo Ravens is one of the few that I look forward to the most because I like the scenario the characters are in and the setting. For some reason, I keep thinking of Blue Exorcist when I watch this, even though the similarities are thin (magic academy and the characters are students).

Finally, Walkure Romanze turned out to be a pretty cute series. It's nothing exceptional, but I liked all of the characters, including the main character who was very level headed, and the idea of focusing on jousting was at least original, even if everything else wasn't.

Will relay my thoughts on my Secret Santa series at some point, including the others I'm watching.
(edited 10 years ago)

They should win an award for how badly they screwed up after such a perfect starting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6172
Well, what a CG spectacle the last episode of Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio was. Although it felt slightly rushed, it managed to conclude its theme of self identity really well, so I'm satisfied. Definitely my biggest surprise of the season.

Oh, and here's the theme song (of sorts) from the series. It's harrowingly beautiful:

I've managed to get to that scene... My my... What a sheltered pervert. His expression seeing her were like pretty sickening. For a dude who is quite rich and own a game called alfheim ONLINE and seeing as the year is 2025... Well... Let's just say he's been living in a cave inside the most futuristic setting possible.

Spoiler

Edit: shorty after seeing that scene and commenting I went back... To my surprise...

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
I've managed to get to that scene... My my... What a sheltered pervert. His expression seeing her were like pretty sickening. For a dude who is quite rich and own a game called alfheim ONLINE and seeing as the year is 2025... Well... Let's just say he's been living in a cave inside the most futuristic setting possible.

Spoiler

Edit: shorty after seeing that scene and commenting I went back... To my surprise...

Spoiler

Shortly after my short rage.... That foo got what he deserved.
I've finished sword art online. Expect a full review soon.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388006168.928967.jpg
Original post by Aiko
As it's been a few weeks since my last update, I figured I'd write my thoughts on what I've been watching. I won't be able to cover everything in one post, so I'll just aim to highlight anything that comes to mind.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio has really come into its own as we reach the end. As mentioned in an earlier post, episode 10 was really quite something as it tackled the notion of self sacrifice and realisation of oneself really well, and I can't wait to watch the final episode after I finish this post.

Magi has been really good lately. This is probably my favourite of the moment, if I'm honest, as I love the world setting and where the plot is going. The latest episode was awesome, especially the last part.

Freezing Vibration has been reasonably interesting to watch, although I can't help but feel that it lacks something that made the first season so enjoyable. In fact, I found some parts of this series quite challenging to watch. I'm a few episodes behind, but I'll get around to them either tonight or sometime this week.

Galilei Donna is a very polished anime, but there's something lacking for me. I don't have this urge to watch it each week. I suppose it's partly because the characters themselves, whilst somewhat likeable, aren't really strong enough. They don't possess personalities that can carry the series forward. I'll still end up watching this, but it's not reeling me in, so I'm a bit behind (three episodes).

Hajime no Ippo Rising is continuing to remain enjoyable, as expected. It's funny how this series has been using the same formula, more or less, since the very beginning, and yet… over a 100 episodes later, it's still exciting.

Kill la Kill is by far the standout of this season, largely due to its stylisation. I'm two episodes behind on this, but I'll probably play catch up soon.

Log Horizon has been progressing steadily and nicely. What I really like about this series is that it stays true to its genre and the characters are really likeable. The main character, in particular, is quite original in that he doesn't possess any of the cliches you'd expect and is in fact quite the opposite, and in a good way. I have no qualms watching this each week, despite the lack of 'drama'.

Machine-Doll wa Kizuksukanai started off really well as I have a penchant for the master/servant trope, but the story hasn't really progressed in a way that's kept it interesting. It's not bad, but it's not especially exciting either, which is a shame. I'll continue watching it, but I'm not expecting anything too great.

Naruto Shippuden has come out of its rut finally in the last ten episodes or so because plot development is actually happening and there's plenty of action, which is what you want from this series. It's at a critical point at the moment, which makes it even better.

One Piece has just come out of a major arc and we're now going through a transitionary period. I'm not sure if this is filler or not as I'm not keeping up to date with the manga, but it seems like it. It's not bad filler, though. It's still pretty interesting.

Strike the Blood is the type of anime that's pretty unoriginal and only slightly above average, but there's enough going on to keep it interesting, and the relationships the characters share helps, so I'll keep this on.

Tokyo Ravens is one of the few that I look forward to the most because I like the scenario the characters are in and the setting. For some reason, I keep thinking of Blue Exorcist when I watch this, even though the similarities are thin (magic academy and the characters are students).

Finally, Walkure Romanze turned out to be a pretty cute series. It's nothing exceptional, but I liked all of the characters, including the main character who was very level headed, and the idea of focusing on jousting was at least original, even if everything else wasn't.

Will relay my thoughts on my Secret Santa series at some point, including the others I'm watching.

Ravens also reminded of Blue exorcist. I think the animation style of the protagonists is just like the protagonist from that series.
I've finished sword art online. Expect a full review soon.ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388006168.928967.jpg

Plz dont say its the best anime ever or fail to mention the time wastin done by the main character and him swaying away from the overall objective to get some virtual poontang. The same normally happens with angel beats tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got a load of good recommendations? I have watched quite a few, so I am looking for less mainstream, more gems :biggrin:
Original post by finnthehuman
Anyone got a load of good recommendations? I have watched quite a few, so I am looking for less mainstream, more gems :biggrin:

What genre?

Latest