The Student Room Group

Famous Warwick Mathematics Graduates

Are there any famous mathematicians who were mathematics undergraduates at Warwick?
Reply 1
Original post by MEPS1996
Are there any famous mathematicians who were mathematics undergraduates at Warwick?

ghostwalker!
Reply 2
Original post by BabyMaths
ghostwalker!

prsom
Reply 3

to be honest, "famous mathematicians" is going to be pretty restricted group to start with, and even harder if you're talking about recent graduates!

The two well-known Warwick research mathematicians I can think of are Ian Stewart and Chris Zeeman, but both graduated elsewhere before moving to Warwick.
Reply 4
Original post by davros
to be honest, "famous mathematicians" is going to be pretty restricted group to start with, and even harder if you're talking about recent graduates!

The two well-known Warwick research mathematicians I can think of are Ian Stewart and Chris Zeeman, but both graduated elsewhere before moving to Warwick.

All I mean is are there any people who were undergraduates at warwick and went on to become professors/research mathematicians? For example, Bill Lionheart was an undergraduate at Warwick and is now professor of applied mathematics at Manchester.
Reply 5
All I mean is are there any people who were undergraduates at warwick and went on to become professors/research mathematicians?

I'm sure there are plenty of these. But I think "famous" is a slight exaggeration :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest