The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Going to warwick for a master's in mathematics with a BSc maths from OU

Hi this is a bit of specific question but I've always wanted to study at warwick university, I'm almost done with year 1 of mathematics with the open university and was wondering what the chances would be for warwick university to accept someone with a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the open university.

i say this because it does seem like compared to other universities that are well known for mathematics, the open university only really hits about 70-80% of the level thoes other universities hit, especially during the first 2 years.

however i am hoping for a first class degree and will still be applying and hoping to get into warwick for post graduate mathematics, if anyone knows of anyone who has went through with this and got accepted please let me know , or if anyone else has been accepted into a COWI university for post graduate studies in mathematics with an open university degree, thank you!
Reply 1
I know of someone who did Mathematics BSc, scored a first class and went to Cambridge for part III (their maths masters). I don't know him personally, but it's definitely doable.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest