The Student Room Group

Calculate German Grade

I really need to get a C in my German but my listening and reading is dreadful - I got a U and an E in my mocks.

Speaking - B - 75% bang in the middle - 30% of GCSE
Writing - A - 85% bang in the middle - 30% of GCSE

What would the lowest score I can get in my Listening and Reading in order to get a C which together would be 40% of the GCSE?

Thanks a lot!
What exam board are you on, because on their website they have grade boundaries from past years. But they fluctuate a lot depending on the exam. Also they have all the past papers on the exam board website so i suggest doing those for practice, that helped me a lot. I also recommend the letts GCSE success revision guide it has loads of vocab, practice questions and revision techniques in it and it is also really cheap of amazon.
We firstly need to know the exam board. Secondly, we need to know either what your UMS was, or from what series (i.e. Year + January/June/November) those mocks were from.
Reply 3
Original post by Chlorophile
We firstly need to know the exam board. Secondly, we need to know either what your UMS was, or from what series (i.e. Year + January/June/November) those mocks were from.

It is Edexcel and 2013 June series of mocks.

Original post by RavenclawPolly
What exam board are you on, because on their website they have grade boundaries from past years. But they fluctuate a lot depending on the exam. Also they have all the past papers on the exam board website so i suggest doing those for practice, that helped me a lot. I also recommend the letts GCSE success revision guide it has loads of vocab, practice questions and revision techniques in it and it is also really cheap of amazon.

Thank you for that - yes have ordered some german books via Amazon. My exam board is Edexcel! Do you have any idea what the lowest grade I can get on listening and reading to get that C?

Quick Reply

Latest