Paper had no graphs which was strange.

If anyone has the paper please upload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wasn't keen, didn't like the very last question:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
The last question wasn't too bad. The answer was -3 cos of the domain. But 9 was harder then 10 imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
What did you all do for 4c? I was really confused because I got to my answer without the use of y=10 and t=1? Weren't the just asking for an expression? I don't understand why we would need numbers? D:
Reply 4
Original post by Imraan Saleem
The last question wasn't too bad. The answer was -3 cos of the domain. But 9 was harder then 10 imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww! No :frown: I forgot to check domain! I just left it with 2 answers :frown:
Reply 5
Aargh silly mistake :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was alright! 2a and 4c were a bit weird. Overall an alright paper. I think the grade boundaries will be quite consistent with the January and June 2013 boundaries (62/75 for an A)
Reply 7
I thought it wasn't to bad.. But now I'm thinking I've made loads of stupid mistakes! :/ I really want to see the paper to see what I did wrong ahhaa :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
tough paper in my opinion ttoo :frown: If anyone has the paper please*10^∞ upload
Reply 9
Original post by sunflower95
What did you all do for 4c? I was really confused because I got to my answer without the use of y=10 and t=1? Weren't the just asking for an expression? I don't understand why we would need numbers? D:

You needed the numbers because after integrating dy/dt to find y you get an unknown constant, then you sub in the values for y and t find the constant, then rewrite the expression in terms of y and t
Original post by JosephSealy
You needed the numbers because after integrating dy/dt to find y you get an unknown constant, then you sub in the values for y and t find the constant, then rewrite the expression in terms of y and t

Aw ok thanks.. What was the answer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the boundaries will be low for this one, I know people who have handed in resit forms already! I felt the tone and layout wasn't as consistent as previous years and I heard that there may have been a new examiner? Also someone said the font was different (just like C2 on Friday), although I didn't notice myself.

Anyway... Cannot believe I thought 90degrees would be an acute angle! Overall, I think it was okay... *fingers crossed I didn't make any other silly mistakes.* Starting to doubt myself now though.
Reply 12
Easily the hardest C3 paper yet. I think it was a new examiner the font and tone were different. Think boundaries will be quite low. I know some people who've got resit forms too.
Reply 13
I was surprised there were no graph questions! They're usually a good 5 or 6 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw ok thanks.. What was the answer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put down y=3t^4+4t^6 y= 3t^4+4t^6+3 was the answer i think, I thought the same as you with the numbers. When I put them in I got 10=7. Didnt know where I was going wrong all the time, the damb plus c!!!!
Original post by Andrew120417
I put down y=3t^4+4t^6 y= 3t^4+4t^6+3 was the answer i think, I thought the same as you with the numbers. When I put them in I got 10=7. Didnt know where I was going wrong all the time, the damb plus c!!!!

I just said dy/dt= 12t^3+24t^5
I think I misread like every question! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Wouldn't worry to much, grade boundaries will be a lot lower than usual. Everyone I spoke to from my school (around 10 people) sitting the exam said that it was at least top 3 hardest, if not the hardest paper, since 06. No graph question for starters will lower the grades in comparison to other years. From past experience they usually vary 5-8 marks but this paper had at least 14 marks of that kind in my opinion. Differentiation was also harder than past papers. What did you guys get for the differential of sin^-1x^3?

I just said dy/dt= 12t^3+24t^5
I think I misread like every question! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worry about missing C off, the main part of the question was getting that equation which I believe is right. It was out of 5 right? So max you will loose is one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Anyone got paper? Upload it please
Reply 18
Original post by hii21
Anyone got paper? Upload it please

Yeah, that'd be nice.
Reply 19
Original post by Andrew120417

I got y=3t^4+4t^6+3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending