The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Issue Report (coursework example)

Right, as I've had a lot of interest in people wanting me to send my issue report to help with ideas/structure etc, I may as well just copy and paste it here so it's easier for all of us :tongue: I got 38/40 raw marks for this, so a decent A (it translated to 58/60 UMS). Obviously the graphs and images I used aren't present, so when I analyse a source, you probably won't understand, but it'll give you an idea of what to do. You have to reference everything and label any images as figures etc. Obviously don't copy chunks as that would be plagiarism, use it for inspiration only! :wink: So here you go, enjoy :tongue:

**If you would like to see the full document with the images and graphs etc, message me**

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So is this just relevant to the last year's syllabus?
Recently, I realised Edexcel has changed the syllabus and Unit 3 (Practical asessment) is compulsory now.

Do we have an option to choose the topic we want to write about? I'm really confused.
could you please take this off cause this caused alot of trouble at my school today:boxing: and its unfair to all with similar titles or topic. Or email to people with problems instead of publishing it
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by EdexcelBioUnit3
So is this just relevant to the last year's syllabus?
Recently, I realised Edexcel has changed the syllabus and Unit 3 (Practical asessment) is compulsory now.

Do we have an option to choose the topic we want to write about? I'm really confused.

I think it's still in use? I'm really not sure though, sorry :redface:
Original post by 69secondsTogo
could you please take this off cause this caused alot of trouble at my school today:boxing: and its unfair to all with similar titles or topic. Or email to people with problems instead of publishing it

Why has it caused problems? :redface: I don't think it'd be fair to remove it as it'll help many people. I've spent a lot of time emailing it to about 30 people so it's easier to leave it here so anyone can access it. There is absolutely no difference in emailing and posting it, either way people will see it! Plus, it's to help anyone regardless of their topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you Lucy you're awesome !
Original post by Dopeasstvd
Thank you Lucy you're awesome !

You're welcome :h: Aww!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey thanks for the report. I was wondering if you could also share the study where you managed to get this information from.

Thanks again
Would it be a problem if I cover an issue that is relatively old??
Original post by Vedant
Hey thanks for the report. I was wondering if you could also share the study where you managed to get this information from.

Thanks again

I just used the internet to collect the information (unless you didn't mean that :tongue:)
Original post by EdexcelBioUnit3
Would it be a problem if I cover an issue that is relatively old??

I think it has to be a current issue! An issue that hasn't yet been resolved, so if that's the case, you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey do you have the website with the study you got this information from?
Original post by Vedant
Hey do you have the website with the study you got this information from?

What do you mean, sorry? I got all the information from different websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello thanks, for the inspiration im in quite pressure since my deadlines in two days for first draft, so I was thinking od red squirrels, would anyone think I would be able to write something thats length and but with quality to write about red squirrels?
Do i also need to include a bibliography to the report?
Thanks
Original post by Ray.Inspiration
Hello thanks, for the inspiration im in quite pressure since my deadlines in two days for first draft, so I was thinking od red squirrels, would anyone think I would be able to write something thats length and but with quality to write about red squirrels?
Do i also need to include a bibliography to the report?
Thanks

You could talk about their origin, evolution and co-evolution with the grey squirrel. You could also talk about their deteriorating epidemiology in the UK, how they've majorly been out-competed by the grey squirrel. Other than that there isn't a lot you can discuss in my opinion.
Reply 13
You are a life saver :biggrin: Thank you
Reply 14
I wish I had seen this earlier. Dammit.
Original post by jasmine124
You are a life saver :biggrin: Thank you

You're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by ThePoster
I wish I had seen this earlier. Dammit.

Aww sorry :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eloades11
You could talk about their origin, evolution and co-evolution with the grey squirrel. You could also talk about their deteriorating epidemiology in the UK, how they've majorly been out-competed by the grey squirrel. Other than that there isn't a lot you can discuss in my opinion.

So since your sayin I won't be able to write 2000 words on red squirrels so which species do you think is best to talk about or which species has lots of data to interpret ?
does anyone think doing cardiovascular disease, and how exercise relates to it is a good idea? like i could then introduce other drugs as other options to reduce cvd, as it is such a big killer and all. or is this too closely related as Topic 1 in the snab edexel course does include quite a big about cvd!:/ sorryyyyyy i'm finding it really hard to pick a topic!!! Anyone have any ideas that their friends did and it was successful?
This would mean so so so so much, thank you!
Thank you so much, this is so useful!! 38/40 WOW that is impressive. congrats. But that looks like more than 3000 words. My first draft was a little bit over the limit (500 or so words) and my teacher said it was too long. Was your word limit higher?
Anyone know how long the report needs to be? Like I know there's no limit or minimum but what's a good length? I'm struggling so much rn ahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending