The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by pakmon
Look, I am quite happy that you are so determined to show me that I am wrong, but I wrote once that I don't want to play with numbers. It's immature. I've been there twice so far, I spoke with people there and I read about it a lot. I know what I'm saying.

Numbers are important.
Reply 61
Original post by Joanna9
Unfortunately some of the people in this thread don't think that memories/personal accounts are credible, shady anonymous websites and wiki entries though... We are obviously looking at history in the wrong way!

Simon Wiesenthal fraudster, Sunday Times

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/Migration/article178775.ece
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by TheGuy117
Wow. :rofl2:Play this while you read this nonsense (perfect conspiracy theory music):

[video="youtube;pFS4zYWxzNA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA[/video]

Conspiracy: anything that does not agree with the agenda driven corporate media regardless of truthfulness, facts or hard evidence and regardless of lack of evidence of the thesis because organisations with finance merely saying something necessarily makes it true.
Original post by Telnet
Yes but they also said that Iran has been building a nuke for the last few decades and that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and Syrian rebels had gassed people which turned out to be untrue. Why do you take what they say at face value.

Regarding Saddams WMDs. It is generally agreed that he did kill a lot of Kurds with gas, is it not? Do you think he totally depleted his entire stockpile on them? He saved none for future use? Not even one teenie weenie gas bomb did he have left? That's an awfully big desert and it's my guess they're still buried out there somewhere. I think it's silly to think that a country with the 4th largest standing military in the world at the time DIDN'T have WMDs.

OOpps just realised, wrong thread. Sorry all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Telnet
Translation: you have read books derived from Raul Hilberg and Yitzak Arad's work which cherry picked accounts and small portions of those accounts, wove them into a story, and ignored the overwhelming number of witnesses whose stories did not fit the narrative. And you are therefore only aware of witnesses that fit the narrative.

You are not even aware that witnesses that do not fit the narrative outnumber those who by a large margin and that the most famous witnesses like Simon Wiesenthal are frauds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My book is by Laurence Rees, who interviews people involved in WWII, from the Japanese, to the Germans, to the Americans. These interviews do not fit a narrative nor are they woven in to a story, they are asked questions simple, non-directive questions and they give detailed and specific accounts of their participation in the camps and the Holocaust. I do not see how your point of my evidence fitting a certain narrative is any different to the website you sent me? Does that not follow a narrative? A specific target and aim that involves denying the Holocaust ever happened? The only difference that I see, is that the author of my evidence, is a credible historian, writer of teaching material and director of historical television. The author of your evidence is anonymous and we know of no credible information surrounding his/her education or morals. For all we know, you could have created it.
Reply 65
Original post by demx9
the official auschwitz website is not credible ?

In what way does the official website claim the Holocaust did not occur? Or supports the OP in any way?

And in what way did I suggest it was not a credible source of information? Wikipedia and anonymous neo-nazi sites were the focus of my disdain...
Reply 66
This discussion is poitless. Read about history first, read about people who were there, read memories, go there and later on try to speak about it in a polite way. One fraundster, an article and wikipedia won't change my opinion.
Reply 67
the info on wikipedia is the same as the off website on the amount of jews killed in Auschwitz, which is under a million.
Original post by yo radical one
This is literally what was in the link he PM'ed me

He is another of those "new members" that has joined a student website purely to post about the Holocaust and Jews.

He's not here to discuss student issues with his student peers he is just going to post anti-Semitic stuff until he does something that gets him banned and then he will reappear under a user name.

I doubt this is the first username he has used.

The anti-Semites on here are relentless, they aren't here to encourage intelligent and reasoned debate, they are here because they hate Jews and they want to post as much stuff as they can get away with on webforums that are hating on Jews.
Original post by Joanna9
Unfortunately some of the people in this thread don't think that memories/personal accounts are credible, shady anonymous websites and wiki entries though... We are obviously looking at history in the wrong way!

We clearly are :cool:
Reply 70
Original post by XxSophie01xX
We clearly are :cool:

Oh well :frown: I think we both need to go away and think about our lack of education, logical thinking and morals...shame on us!
Reply 71
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Yet 30 million died in Bolshevist communism in Russia yet nobody speaks of it. Same with the amount of people who died in WWII.

Nobody speaks of it??? Where?

I thought it was common knowledge that millions and millions of people died in the gulags / in WWII....?
Original post by Telnet
Sent

PM me please.
Reply 73
Original post by Катя
Nobody speaks of it??? Where?

nowhere
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Yet 30 million died in Bolshevist communism in Russia yet nobody speaks of it. Same with the amount of people who died in WWII.

This is not really the same thing. Most of those are the result of the transition from the protectionist proto-capitalist state to anarchy and then to a slightly capitalist (NEP) and then aggressive collectivisation and industrialisation pursued by Stalin, and the way these people were killed was not similar at all (although there were labour camps). The Nazis deliberately targeted the Jews as their victim to a systematic genocide on scales never seen before, the treatment was an enormous abuse of human rights that could not be explained in terms of material inadequacey, indeed many died under the Soviet regime of material deprivation (as a result of their simply not being enough food, the gulgags were of course brutal i'll make no excuse of that), this was not so with the Jews. Although one could certainly argue that in a sense they were pressured into it (NO i'll make this clear i'm not in any shape or form excusing their barbaric actions), by this I mean that in the situations of the wartime effort it would have been suicide to have had to feed so many Jews.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm all for free-speech, but Holocaust deniers are just ridiculous. There is so much evidence that the only reason you could possibly be contesting it is to be pointedly controversial just for the sake of it. I once heard someone say that all those images of emaciated corpses were photo shopped, and the concentration camps were actually fitness camps. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Reply 76
Original post by I am not finite
This is not really the same thing. Most of those are the result of the transition from the protectionist proto-capitalist state to anarchy and then to a slightly capitalist (NEP) and then aggressive collectivisation and industrialisation pursued by Stalin, and the way these people were killed was not similar at all (although there were labour camps). The Nazis deliberately targeted the Jews as their victim to a systematic genocide on scales never seen before, the treatment was an enormous abuse of human rights that could not be explained in terms of material inadequacey, indeed many died under the Soviet regime of material deprivation (as a result of their simply not being enough food, the gulgags were of course brutal i'll make no excuse of that), this was not so with the Jews. Although one could certainly argue that in a sense they were pressured into it (NO i'll make this clear i'm not in any shape or form excusing their barbaric actions), by this I mean that in the situations of the wartime effort it would have been suicide to have had to feed so many Jews.

I bet you never even heared of this
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
Original post by demx9

"Scholars disagree on the relative importance of natural factors and bad economic policies as causes of the famine and the degree to which the destruction of the Ukrainian peasantry was premeditated on the part of Joseph Stalin."

I know of it, and even if it is a systematic genocide I do not like to compare such events as to imply one was 'worse' than another, i'm simply saying there is much dispute over the Soviet Union about economic factors instead of intentional killing. Man-made famine also does not mean intentional remember.
Reply 78
Original post by demx9

Wikipedia...again...are you completely incapable of using any other/any actual reputable source other than wikipedia.
Reply 79
Did the Nazis exterminate gypsies, gays and anti-fascists too? If they did, the gas chambers and crematories were functional, despite Holocaust deniers' "proof" that they were useless.If they did not, these groups of people were also part of the conspiracy. How large can a conspiracy become?

Latest

Trending

Trending