The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Dynamic Planet?

Anyone else doing the exam tomorrow.

Maybe we can ask each other question as a way of revising and mark it etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Worst exam I have ever sat, out of all the questions I've practiced in the 3 years I've done it none came up even worded similarly, barely any case study questions and everything was awfully vague - the boundaries better be low :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by JoeSci
Worst exam I have ever sat, out of all the questions I've practiced in the 3 years I've done it none came up even worded similarly, barely any case study questions and everything was awfully vague - the boundaries better be low :frown:

Don't worry I think they are low, I've heard a lot of people struggled with it. I totally messed up the last question just hoping you don't need too many marks for a good grade
Reply 4
that test was ridiculous. the people and planet has got to be better
That was literally impossible. Nothing I've done in the last two years came up, absolutely awful...
Original post by JoeSci

Ive done every past paper and this was totally different :frown: I think a lot of people struggled so hopefully boundaries will be low :s-smilie:
Reply 7
yeh same i had revised all the case studies and that was all a waste of time as none came up properley- did they even ask for any named examples of any of the questions?
...;w;..That test was the demon of all tests. What happened to case studies?!? Our school taught us the spec wrongly, every question was completely differen't from anything we had ever done. Everyone in my year, literally everyone who did the exam was either:
1) Crying
2) Guessing every question
3) Crossing out all the answers
4) Just staring at it like..o-o....what..
No one in my year found it easy, and majority of people think they failed it. I usually get A*'s, but this..Sheesh. It's not that I didn't know what the questions meant, it's just I didn't know how to answer them. Some of the topics covered we hadn't been taught in years, or in great enough detail, and a lot of it required general knowledge, nothing to do with case studies like we had been taught.

BUUT, hopefully the mark boundaries will be low, but then pretty sure I will still get a low grade. That was a ridiculous paper, and the spec and question style was different from anything we had learnt.
Reply 9
like we didn't even learn that stuff and what ugh why that test was the worst.
Reply 10
Original post by JoeSci

Yeah so hard. Wording aswell was ridiculous. Question about developing countries and earthquake was awful. What did everyone else think they got?
Reply 11
Original post by Lst0505
Don't worry I think they are low, I've heard a lot of people struggled with it. I totally messed up the last question just hoping you don't need too many marks for a good grade

Guessing about 50/73 for an A*. **cking ridiculous paper
Reply 12
wasn't it out of 78?
Hated it! Absolute nonsense, questions beyond vague and I didn't have a choice but to just guess all of it! I usually get A*s as well?!
Absolute shambles. Enough said.
Reply 15
Original post by JAIYEKO
Guessing about 50/73 for an A*. **cking ridiculous paper

Phew might be able to scrape an A* if I'm lucky then, the people and the planet paper will hopefully be better!
Most of the people I knew were saying they all thought they've got half marks (usually we all do quite well), let's hope people and the planet actually has some content we learnt!! :3
Reply 17
everyone in my school said they found it easy... and i was just like rejhfrhfkurshjnekuvshyer NOOOO this was by far the hardest exam i have done in my entire life.. and i normally get pretty high marks but then again maybe i just didnt revise enough or think carefully ;/ pretty worked up about this, i really do hope they lower the grade boundaries
What did everyone say for why the UKs climate might change? I talked about the polar front and North Atlantic drift?
Reply 19
I talked about global warming and natural changes of climate I have no idea wha question wanted tho tbh

Quick Reply

Latest