The Student Room Group

Was this a Bad thing to do in my exams (ICT) ?

Do not worry, I did not cheat or anything.

Basically, I study the Cambridge nationals GCSE in ICT. I'll start from the beginning.

At first, I forgot that coursework had a major impact on you finals GCSE grade. I achieved 45/60 marks which was a B. With all my coursework; 3 units: B, A, A* I averaged a Solid A as my final mark. However, I applied for a resit before I was informed of my total grade. I did not want to sit the resit exam as getting an A* overall was impossible. Literally, impossible as I was 17 marks off an A* and the highest I could achieve was 15 - As I had 45/60

So, I had to do the exam, no way of getting out, no way of improving my grade. In the exam I just sat there. I did not do anything because I knew the final grade was a safe A and they would only take my best grade. However, I was informed that although they take your best grade, a U would appear for this resit as I did not do anything in the exam (I answered like the first page and left it).

Will the U appear on my exam results, alongside with the A. I am worried as I do not want a U appearing on my results :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Curtis1234
Do not worry, I did not cheat or anything.

Basically, I study the Cambridge nationals GCSE in ICT. I'll start from the beginning.

At first, I forgot that coursework had a major impact on you finals GCSE grade. I achieved 45/60 marks which was a B. With all my coursework; 3 units: B, A, A* I averaged a Solid A as my final mark. However, I applied for a resit before I was informed of my total grade. I did not want to sit the resit exam as getting an A* overall was impossible. Literally, impossible as I was 17 marks off an A* and the highest I could achieve was 15 - As I had 45/60

So, I had to do the exam, no way of getting out, no way of improving my grade. In the exam I just sat there. I did not do anything because I knew the final grade was a safe A and they would only take my best grade. However, I was informed that although they take your best grade, a U would appear for this resit as I did not do anything in the exam (I answered like the first page and left it).

Will the U appear on my exam results, alongside with the A. I am worried as I do not want a U appearing on my results :frown:

yeah but your school will scrap your worst grade on the resit and keep the good one so your fine... they will just take it out of the system
Reply 2
Why would you sit there and do nothing, what kind of attitude is that? The Cambridge Nationals ICT exam was incredibly easy also.
Reply 3
Original post by Parallex
Why would you sit there and do nothing, what kind of attitude is that? The Cambridge Nationals ICT exam was incredibly easy also.

I thought that there was no point, as I had nothing to gain out of the exam. I therefore did not revise some of the topics and I could not answer some of them.

Quick Reply

Latest