Was this a Bad thing to do in my exams (ICT) ?

Watch
Curtis1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Do not worry, I did not cheat or anything.

Basically, I study the Cambridge nationals GCSE in ICT. I'll start from the beginning.

At first, I forgot that coursework had a major impact on you finals GCSE grade. I achieved 45/60 marks which was a B. With all my coursework; 3 units: B, A, A* I averaged a Solid A as my final mark. However, I applied for a resit before I was informed of my total grade. I did not want to sit the resit exam as getting an A* overall was impossible. Literally, impossible as I was 17 marks off an A* and the highest I could achieve was 15 - As I had 45/60

So, I had to do the exam, no way of getting out, no way of improving my grade. In the exam I just sat there. I did not do anything because I knew the final grade was a safe A and they would only take my best grade. However, I was informed that although they take your best grade, a U would appear for this resit as I did not do anything in the exam (I answered like the first page and left it).

Will the U appear on my exam results, alongside with the A. I am worried as I do not want a U appearing on my results
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Curtis1234)
Do not worry, I did not cheat or anything.

Basically, I study the Cambridge nationals GCSE in ICT. I'll start from the beginning.

At first, I forgot that coursework had a major impact on you finals GCSE grade. I achieved 45/60 marks which was a B. With all my coursework; 3 units: B, A, A* I averaged a Solid A as my final mark. However, I applied for a resit before I was informed of my total grade. I did not want to sit the resit exam as getting an A* overall was impossible. Literally, impossible as I was 17 marks off an A* and the highest I could achieve was 15 - As I had 45/60

So, I had to do the exam, no way of getting out, no way of improving my grade. In the exam I just sat there. I did not do anything because I knew the final grade was a safe A and they would only take my best grade. However, I was informed that although they take your best grade, a U would appear for this resit as I did not do anything in the exam (I answered like the first page and left it).

Will the U appear on my exam results, alongside with the A. I am worried as I do not want a U appearing on my results
yeah but your school will scrap your worst grade on the resit and keep the good one so your fine... they will just take it out of the system
Parallex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why would you sit there and do nothing, what kind of attitude is that? The Cambridge Nationals ICT exam was incredibly easy also.
Curtis1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Parallex)
Why would you sit there and do nothing, what kind of attitude is that? The Cambridge Nationals ICT exam was incredibly easy also.
I thought that there was no point, as I had nothing to gain out of the exam. I therefore did not revise some of the topics and I could not answer some of them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.9%
Uncertainty around my education (80)
11.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (74)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (89)
12.81%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.32%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (40)
5.76%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (74)
10.65%
Financial worries (43)
6.19%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.46%
Exposure to negative news/social media (42)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (22)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (67)
9.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (55)
7.91%

Watched Threads