The Student Room Group

WJEC Digital Technology

Is anyone else taking WJEC Digitech? If so, are you learning the whole spec or just the advanced information? My teacher has not taught us any of the content and learning the whole spec by myself just seems impossible, especially as the course is so new, so there are no resources whatsoever. I'm so stuck, advice would be appreciated!
Reply 1
I'm in the same boat. The amount of time the coursework has taken us to complete is unbelievable. We haven't had any lessons on theory at all yet. It's looks like our teacher is going to be cramming through it all after Easter. I'm focusing on what is mentioned in the advanced information but am still briefly going over the other content too since my teacher said there could be one or two markers on that.
Have you seen these? They're quite a useful summary of things. https://resources.wjec.co.uk/Pages/ResourceSingle.aspx?rIid=4831&_ga=2.249326535.1748773820.1681149843-942970190.1669569602
There's this as well - scroll down to Digital Tech. https://www.wjec.co.uk/home/student-support/revision-resources/new-blended-learning/
If don't already have it I've got a digital copy of the textbook for the course my teacher has given me too. I don't mind sending you that via DMs. Just lemme know if you want it.
Hopefully that helps a bit. I recon the grade boundaries are gonna be quite low this year.
Reply 2
Original post by Jacob36
I'm in the same boat. The amount of time the coursework has taken us to complete is unbelievable. We haven't had any lessons on theory at all yet. It's looks like our teacher is going to be cramming through it all after Easter. I'm focusing on what is mentioned in the advanced information but am still briefly going over the other content too since my teacher said there could be one or two markers on that.
Have you seen these? They're quite a useful summary of things. https://resources.wjec.co.uk/Pages/ResourceSingle.aspx?rIid=4831&_ga=2.249326535.1748773820.1681149843-942970190.1669569602
There's this as well - scroll down to Digital Tech. https://www.wjec.co.uk/home/student-support/revision-resources/new-blended-learning/
If don't already have it I've got a digital copy of the textbook for the course my teacher has given me too. I don't mind sending you that via DMs. Just lemme know if you want it.
Hopefully that helps a bit. I recon the grade boundaries are gonna be quite low this year.

Thank you so much!! This is really helpful :] I've got the textbook already so no need to send it to me ,, thanks again !!
Reply 3
Exact same scenario. I've stumbled across this while desperately searching for resources :[ I wish I knew that the coursework would take so long so that I wouldn't have to cram all the theory a week before the exam! My teacher didn't even mention the advanced information...
Reply 4
Original post by louwhee
Exact same scenario. I've stumbled across this while desperately searching for resources :[ I wish I knew that the coursework would take so long so that I wouldn't have to cram all the theory a week before the exam! My teacher didn't even mention the advanced information...

How did you find the exam?
Reply 5
Original post by luce_.
Is anyone else taking WJEC Digitech? If so, are you learning the whole spec or just the advanced information? My teacher has not taught us any of the content and learning the whole spec by myself just seems impossible, especially as the course is so new, so there are no resources whatsoever. I'm so stuck, advice would be appreciated!
Reply 6
Original post by sjb180

I found it really good, terrifying that it was on a computer though, I couldn't concentrate from everyone mashing their keyboards. How about you?
Reply 7
Yes I found it really good too, everything I revised was in it!

Hahaha yes I understand what you mean, but at the same time I liked being on the computers as I was actually in a comfortable chair and a classroom with AC and it was boiling outside and they were more chill they just let us leave when we finished
Reply 8
Original post by sjb180
Yes I found it really good too, everything I revised was in it!

Hahaha yes I understand what you mean, but at the same time I liked being on the computers as I was actually in a comfortable chair and a classroom with AC and it was boiling outside and they were more chill they just let us leave when we finished

Yeppp. Everyone left at different times for me and I ended up being the last person to leave, which was weird. It took one person 40 minutes to start up their exam because of the new software or whatever. I am glad I only revised the advanced information though, feels like they purposely made the exam really easy. The only downside is that my ICT coursework isn't the best. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by louwhee
Yeppp. Everyone left at different times for me and I ended up being the last person to leave, which was weird. It took one person 40 minutes to start up their exam because of the new software or whatever. I am glad I only revised the advanced information though, feels like they purposely made the exam really easy. The only downside is that my ICT coursework isn't the best. :frown:

Yeah I heard about that happening because so many students were logging in at once in the UK so it clogged up and took ages. Yes same that's all I went over and it was great. Our coursework wasn't bad we had to make animation, website and advertisement video only downside is it took too long.

Quick Reply

Latest