The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry C2/C3 May 15th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rudeboyzzz
Unit 2 was pretty good for me I feel pretty confident about it :smile: and I hate maths haha its only fun when understand it! Have you got any exams tomorrow? and Gl on physics on monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i have a history medicine through time paper in the morning
i dont like history lots of dates to remember. i have physics on monday too so if i dont get to say this im saying it now so Good Luck!
Original post by tomcat941
What did you guys put for the treating water question on C3? Usually that's something I'm quite good at, but it threw me when it asked for the two main steps. I am aware of about seven steps, not two. So I kinda tried to group the seven steps together to make it look like two, but without missing anything which could potentially be what they were asking for.

are you talking about distillation of water? the first question?
Original post by Kevin Paul Beale
100% in practical but not sure about KPC as hasn't given us marks yet

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2681411&p=47606447#post47606447

Oh damn nice man! And yeah still haven't found out my KPC mark hopefully we do good man :smile: cheers for the link aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zhang-liao
Sorry if you take offence here but I'm not directing it to everyone here

Why do most noobs on these Science threads who talk back think that their the cleverest in the country? There's bound to cleverer people out there. If you were so clever, why didn't you do IGCSE's instead of normal GCSE's and why didn't you start your GCSE's alot earlier. I'm talking about pricks like PS4 and stuff....So piss taking when they act like that, those arrogant pricks

igcses are easier and boost grades! they're making all the people in my school who failed english language do it instead!
Original post by chronicmusic
Aqa rumoured boundaries

c2:
A* 49
a 40
b 32
c 24

c3:
A* 33
a 28
b 22
c 18

Hey where are these rumoured?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also for the covalent bonding one at the end if I didn't put the 4 electrons in the middle bit but on the actual shell, is that okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 446
Was the first water question on c3 about distillation? Crap! I spoke about filtering out solids like twigs and grit and then adding chlorine! Why did I think it was that?!
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Also for the covalent bonding one at the end if I didn't put the 4 electrons in the middle bit but on the actual shell, is that okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah dude soz i dude that too:frown:
Original post by ClaudiaButler
igcses are easier and boost grades! they're making all the people in my school who failed english language do it instead!

Actually the grade boundaries are alot higher. :confused:
Original post by gcser
Was the first water question on c3 about distillation? Crap! I spoke about filtering out solids like twigs and grit and then adding chlorine! Why did I think it was that?!

That's kind of what I put! I don't think it would be about distillation because there was a question asking why water isn't distilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
was i the only one that ****ed up c2 :frown:, i felt B2 was so easy and i guess chemistry is just not my thangggggggggggg
What was the hardest question in your opinion? (C2)
Reply 453
Original post by dolphins321
That's kind of what I put! I don't think it would be about distillation because there was a question asking why water isn't distilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought the same! And it was asking about water PURIFICATION, not softening, which is what distillation does right? I think anyway...I panicked then! I hope what I said is right anyway!
The first question couldn't have been about distillation; it was talking about water reservoirs and drinking water. You can't use distilled water for drinking because it's too expensive and its also not as good as water that contains some other ions and stuff. I was writing about purifying the water for drinking.
Original post by jake4198
Any grade boundary predictions?

I'm going:

B2: 44 A*, 38 A, 32 B
B3: 46 A*, 40 A, 36 B
C2: 46 A*, 40 A, 35 B
C3: 47 A*, 38 A, 30 B

I think those are about right
Yeah,I think those were last year's ones. I think for C3 the grade boundary's will be lower, hopefully anyway
guys i need help what was the last question and the question before the last question THINK I MAY HAVE MISSED IT OUT
Reply 458
Original post by Hamzah313
I think those are about right

Jheeze; i hope that is a close prediction. They're pretty good- in my favor :smile:
Reply 459
Original post by Astarscience
guys i need help what was the last question and the question before the last question THINK I MAY HAVE MISSED IT OUT

Which paper ?

Quick Reply

Latest