The Student Room Group

I need serious help with Biology Unit 1 GCSE AQA

I have an exam in four weeks in science and I am hopefully going to pass chemistry and physics, but biology is what im mostly concerned about. I am in Year 10 and soon year 11 and I really wish to go for triple science next year!!! Can anyone give me some good tips !!!!!! ?:confused::s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you struggle with all of biology? Are there any particular subjects you're stuck on?

I would make notes and then once I feel I've learnt everything as thoroughly as I can, I would do past papers and mark them. Past papers are a good way of seeing what the examiners are asking for. I find in science a lot of the time you know what the question is asking but if you miss out some easy points that you did know you've lost the marks.

So just do past papers and check the mark schemes. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by melody19
Do you struggle with all of biology? Are there any particular subjects you're stuck on?

I would make notes and then once I feel I've learnt everything as thoroughly as I can, I would do past papers and mark them. Past papers are a good way of seeing what the examiners are asking for. I find in science a lot of the time you know what the question is asking but if you miss out some easy points that you did know you've lost the marks.

So just do past papers and check the mark schemes. :smile:

To be honest, im struggling with these topics:
Fighting Diseases
Drugs
Decay
Carbon cycle
Pyramids of Biomass
Energy Transfer
Genetic engineering and adaptations

Please can I have some useful notes and past papers? :smile:
Reply 3
use this playlist for B1:

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC0CC234D0C5278A9

Revision notes for each topic in B1:
http://www.docbrown.info/page20/AQAscibio1.htm

I would also do past questions - you can find these in the back of revision guides and they will have the specific answer aswell :smile: Hope this helps for your exam!
Original post by ahsank98
To be honest, im struggling with these topics:
Fighting Diseases
Drugs
Decay
Carbon cycle
Pyramids of Biomass
Energy Transfer
Genetic engineering and adaptations

Please can I have some useful notes and past papers? :smile:

I would use these until I'm confident:

http://pastpapers.org/aqa-gcse-biology

Then you should actually do the papers for the current specification but I wouldn't waste them if you feel you're not ready for them.
Are you sitting unit 1 this year or in y11?

And the CGP book is quite good, bitesize is helpful too. If you don't understand the topic I would just suggest reading the AQA textbook as they tend to explain it really fully so it's understandable whereas the CGP book summarises it more. :smile:
HI. do you know the minimum grade you need to get A* in science?
I NEED HELP. IM DYING :[
Reply 6
Original post by ToffeApple
HI. do you know the minimum grade you need to get A* in science?
I NEED aHELP. IM DYING :[

Well to get an A* you need 360+/400 ums points. so say if you got 44/50 on your ISA the minimum ums points are 88. say you wanted to get 365 ums points overall ( an a*) 365 -88 = 277. divide 277 by 3 (for each paper) is 92.3 Recurring so you should be aiming for 90 + ums in each paper. that's about 45 + /60. Hope this helped, and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending