The Student Room Group

Gcse options for midwifery!

Hi! I just stared my GCSE'S and I was wondering what options would be best to take. I don't really know whether to take Health and Social Care or Child Development. Suggestions?
AHHHH - sorry if my picture looks scary :L
I'm a girl btw. AND i wanna be a midwife tooo!!!!!!!!!!
I just finished year 11 though :smile:
I got picked to do fast track french, so i was doing Sociology and french. Then finished french and picked geography.
No H&SC in my school :frown: But you should pick child development in my opinion :smile:

Work hard girl! And good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Thanks :smile: but apparently Child Development is harden then H&SC. Anyway I heard that H&SC counts as 2 GCSE'S while Child Development counts as one. I'm going to stick with H&SC but thanks for the advice and good luck in the future :smile:
Is it not possible to do both at your school?

My friend who does both H&SC and Child development has so much content that overlaps (for example something called PIES ,which I forget what it stands for).
She literally handed in the same work to both her teachers and saved so much time.

I wouldn't say Child Development is harder but it's a lot more work than what I've seen.

At the end of the day it's your decision. Both of them would be suitable as a stepping stone for midwifery :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SomePaleChick
Is it not possible to do both at your school?

My friend who does both H&SC and Child development has so much content that overlaps (for example something called PIES ,which I forget what it stands for).
She literally handed in the same work to both her teachers and saved so much time.

I wouldn't say Child Development is harder but it's a lot more work than what I've seen.

At the end of the day it's your decision. Both of them would be suitable as a stepping stone for midwifery :smile:

Thanks for the advice; it's helped me make my final decision

Quick Reply

Latest