The Student Room Group

Midwifery Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for a Midwifery course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Total agree with not sharing each other information about interviews, personal statements and other related questions.

If I can be of any help regarding midwifery then do so.
I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife and the questions etc are basically the same as everywhere else in the UK .

Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for a Midwifery course for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scotland has only three universities for midwifery - University West of Scotland, Robert Gordon University and Edinburgh Napier University ( they take in approx 250 potential students bets the three universities) they may increase the numbers.
Hey! I am applying for Midwifery starting 2024. I am looking at Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire or Hertfordshire. I need to stay close to home as I have 2 young children. Currently studying an access course which finishes April 2024 and am sending my UCAS application this week! So excited!!!
Reply 3
My daughter has a deferred place at UEA, starting sept 2024. Exciting times!
Reply 4
Original post by cazjane.white
Hey! I am applying for Midwifery starting 2024. I am looking at Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire or Hertfordshire. I need to stay close to home as I have 2 young children. Currently studying an access course which finishes April 2024 and am sending my UCAS application this week! So excited!!!

Hello, I'm too applying for Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northampton. I have 3 children that go to school locally so I will have to commute. Hopefully sending my UCAS application off next week. I'm doing an Access to HE course in Midwifery Online. Good luck with it all!!
Reply 5
Original post by lauraco985
Hello, I'm too applying for Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northampton. I have 3 children that go to school locally so I will have to commute. Hopefully sending my UCAS application off next week. I'm doing an Access to HE course in Midwifery Online. Good luck with it all!!

Hiya,
I’ve got two little ones and I’m looking to do an access course online, who are you doing you’re online access course with, if you don’t mind me asking x

Good luck on your application! Who are you doing your access course with? I'm doing mine with The Learning Curve Group. It is good so far though feels so weird writing essays again 🤣.
Original post by Ruwayda.b
Hiya,
I’ve got two little ones and I’m looking to do an access course online, who are you doing you’re online access course with, if you don’t mind me asking x

I'm doing mine through The Learning Curve Group, it's great so far! How old are your children? 😀
Reply 8
I'm doing mine through The Learning Curve Group, it's great so far! How old are your children? 😀

Oh really, what a coincidence, I’ve just recently enrolled with them hoping to start at the end of this month, just waiting for a replacement of my maths and English GCSE certificates😩. I’ve got a 4 year old and a 1 year old. What about you x
Oh really, what a coincidence, I’ve just recently enrolled with them hoping to start at the end of this month, just waiting for a replacement of my maths and English GCSE certificates😩. I’ve got a 4 year old and a 1 year old. What about you x

Good luck!! I'm finding them really good so far, the course is interesting too which helps!
I have a 3 year old and 7 week old. Where are you looking to apply?
Reply 10
Good luck!! I'm finding them really good so far, the course is interesting too which helps!
I have a 3 year old and 7 week old. Where are you looking to apply?

Good luck!!!
I’m looking to apply to KCL, City, and LSBU, what about you ?
Good luck!!!
I’m looking to apply to KCL, City, and LSBU, what about you ?

Thank you! I am applying to Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Hertfordshire x
Hiya,

Hiya I enrolled with Learn Direct. I’ve got to unit 3 with no problems but now I’m stuck!

I’ve got three little ones. 12yr, 11yr and 10 yr old. So when I say little they’re not so little lol.

How old are you children? Who are you looking to enrol with?
Good luck on your application! Who are you doing your access course with? I'm doing mine with The Learning Curve Group. It is good so far though feels so weird writing essays again 🤣.

I’m with Learn Direct. I’m on unit 4, and stuck! How Old are your children? Mine are 12, 11 and 10yrs old. It’s strange being back in education but I’ve enjoyed it so far.
Reply 14
Hiya I enrolled with Learn Direct. I’ve got to unit 3 with no problems but now I’m stuck!

I’ve got three little ones. 12yr, 11yr and 10 yr old. So when I say little they’re not so little lol.

How old are you children? Who are you looking to enrol with?

Hiya, I just enrolled with learning curve group, but I’ll only finish the course next September so I won’t get my results in time for 24/25 intake at uni 😭
My little ones are 4 and 1, must be easier having older lot 😅
Hiya, I just enrolled with learning curve group, but I’ll only finish the course next September so I won’t get my results in time for 24/25 intake at uni 😭

It’s a little easier as In there not totally dependent on me. They can get their own drink and snacks 😂. But it comes with teenage attitude, which stinks!! 😂

Hi applying to the same universities as you fingers crossed for us both 😊
Reply 17
Hi all! I'm doing an Access to He: Health Professionals course atm to apply for Midwifery 2024 at Staffordshire University, Keele University, Birmingham University and Wolverhampton University
Reply 18
I Really want to apply for midwifery, but feel I might not be able to handle it. I'm really good working under pressure and blood does not bother me but having worked in a dental practice for 7 years Im not sure if its just nerves holding me back. does anyone have any good advice on how to know if this is the course for you?
Reply 19
Hi, I’ve enrolled on the access course too this week.
Im 35, have three children and have been out of education and employment for 10 years. Not going to lie, Im finding it a lot to take in and very fast paced.
I’ll be applying to Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Coventry, Staffordshire and Worcestershire University.

Quick Reply