The Student Room Group

Cheap centres Private Candidate GCSE + A Level

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Hello.

The title :smile:

Erm also, it would help if anyone knew of cheap centres to enter in which were in the area of Essex/Coventry.

Thank you.

Best advice is call local colleges and schools and ask if they would let you. This is usually much cheaper than going to places that only do external exams, as they're really expensive.
Reply 2
Hello.

The title :smile:

Erm also, it would help if anyone knew of cheap centres to enter in which were in the area of Essex/Coventry.

Thank you.

If you go on the website(s) for the exam boards you're using and look for information for private candidates, you should find a list of all the local centres and schools that will accept you in your area :smile:.
Original post by yellowcopter
Best advice is call local colleges and schools and ask if they would let you. This is usually much cheaper than going to places that only do external exams, as they're really expensive.

Original post by Kåte
If you go on the website(s) for the exam boards you're using and look for information for private candidates, you should find a list of all the local centres and schools that will accept you in your area :smile:.

(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you both, do you guys know whether it would be better to enter for igcses instead of gcses to avoid coursework fees.

Most centres only do GCSE, but some do iGCSE. I suggest asking the centre for their costs, and then do whichever is cheaper because which ever you do doesn't make a difference.

It's best to ask, because sometimes the iGCSE coursework replacement exams are just as expensive to be entered for than regular GCSE coursework fees. :smile:
Most centres only do GCSE, but some do iGCSE. I suggest asking the centre for their costs, and then do whichever is cheaper because which ever you do doesn't make a difference.

It's best to ask, because sometimes the iGCSE coursework replacement exams are just as expensive to be entered for than regular GCSE coursework fees. :smile:

ty yep I will do, final question are all gcse exams in summer now - is there nothing I can take in January thanks :smile:
ty yep I will do, final question are all gcse exams in summer now - is there nothing I can take in January thanks :smile:

Yes, all GCSE exams are in Summer now excluding Maths and English Language GCSE which can both be done in November too :smile:

This only applies for GCSEs though, all iGCSEs can still be done in January and June (Summer)
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes, all GCSE exams are in Summer now excluding Maths and English Language GCSE which can both be done in November too :smile:

This only applies for GCSEs though, all iGCSEs can still be done in January and June (Summer)

I apologise for asking you so many questions.

So by entering privately I can control when to enter for exams. I have A stars in maths and english lang, erm can I inbox you instead please.
I apologise for asking you so many questions.

So by entering privately I can control when to enter for exams. I have A stars in maths and english lang, erm can I inbox you instead please.

It's fine, and feel free to PM me if you like for more help. :smile:

Usually yes centres will allow you to choose when you'd like to be entered for exams, but there is a time limitation that you must request to be entered (the centre will tell you this) for example if you asked to be entered for June exams in May there will be a huge late fee.

Quick Reply

Latest