The Student Room Group

Most overrated food??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
Underrated foods.

Now there's a good idea for a thread... You know what to do... Click this link and go make it.

also, if you're talking about moules in white wine and cream suace with onions etc then that's AWESOME, Best served with a nice crispy bageuette imo. Moules Mariniere anyone?

Moules Marinere is delicious... :drool:
Original post by Odd socks
For some reason the internet is obsessed with bacon. While I agree it's nice, there are far better meats out there. A good gammon steak blows a measly bit of bacon out the water.

What foods do you think are overrated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

But... But... But... It's bacon:'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by River Shadow
Moules Marinere is delicious... :drool:

I grew up in Jersey so we'd often pop over to St Malo in France for lunch and chill out with some moules. Hmmmmm... Good times.
I grew up in Jersey so we'd often pop over to St Malo in France for lunch and chill out with some moules. Hmmmmm... Good times.

Sounds good! My dad makes it from time to time. :smile:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Folks dare I say it its that time of the year again!

The most overrated foods of the year awards:cool:

5th: Humans

4th: Oreos

3rd: Starbucks Coffee

2nd: Pizza

1st: Alcohol

Starbucks Coffee is actually better than Costa's or Nero's IMO though.
Original post by ChrissM
Starbucks Coffee is actually better than Costa's or Nero's IMO though.

I admire costa though

to have the nerve to call costly coffee costa and get away with it deserves my erspect..
never heard of nero so cant be overrated.
I admire costa though

to have the nerve to call costly coffee costa and get away with it deserves my erspect..
never heard of nero so cant be overrated.

I don't necessarily dislike Costa, Starbucks is just way better! I tend to go to Costa more though because they're everywhere! And I can't believe you've never heard of Cafe Nero? The place with the blue cups. There aren't as many as Costas/Starbucks, but they usually have them in town centres and train stations etc
I admire costa though

I've never made the leap from 'costa' to 'costly' tbh.
Original post by ChrissM
I don't necessarily dislike Costa, Starbucks is just way better! I tend to go to Costa more though because they're everywhere! And I can't believe you've never heard of Cafe Nero? The place with the blue cups. There aren't as many as Costas/Starbucks, but they usually have them in town centres and train stations etc

im irish and not a heavy drinker so no..I like blue tho p
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I've never made the leap from 'costa' to 'costly' tbh.

costa.
coffee the expensive way.
Me tinks food iz good bcoz it be giving u energy so u survive

Posted from TSR Mobile

i worked in the south of france for a year, with PGL that where i aquired the taste. they are diffrent in france aswell! if you order mussles you get a MASSIVE bowl of em, rather than just a few!!!
Original post by heavenlyphoto
i worked in the south of france for a year, with PGL that where i aquired the taste. they are diffrent in france aswell! if you order mussles you get a MASSIVE bowl of em, rather than just a few!!!

Yea, you get a gigantic bowl brimmed with hundreds of giant mussels.

Ordering them in this country is always so anticlimactic i find... :colone:

Also, i see you never made the underrated food thread? :colonhash:
Original post by heavenlyphoto

There's the odd place which does massive pots of them, Loch Fyne does I'm sure... There's a place near me which does all you can eat Moules Marineres on Wednesdays as well, though I've not tried it...

Another overrated food... Jaffa cakes. They're OK, but I don't get why they're as popular as they are.

A restaurant I used to waitress in in my hometown does big pots of them :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
For some reason the internet is obsessed with bacon. While I agree it's nice, there are far better meats out there. A good gammon steak blows a measly bit of bacon out the water.

What foods do you think are overrated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

anything pig related
Original post by River Shadow
There's the odd place which does massive pots of them, Loch Fyne does I'm sure... There's a place near me which does all you can eat Moules Marineres on Wednesdays as well, though I've not tried it...

Another overrated food... Jaffa cakes. They're OK, but I don't get why they're as popular as they are.

Loch? Sounds scottish and therefore further away from me than france. :tongue:

Here i disagree. Jafffa cakes are divine.

A restaurant I used to waitress in in my hometown does big pots of them :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whereabouts is that? Near Brighton perhaps?
Loch? Sounds scottish and therefore further away from me than france. :tongue:

Here i disagree. Jafffa cakes are divine.

Whereabouts is that? Near Brighton perhaps?

Nah, sadly it's also in Scotland :tongue: seems that's the place to be if you want mussels in the uk :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harrym96
I agree with Bacon being overrated!
Also, gravy is just disgusting but I do not know ANYBODY who dislikes gravy except me :confused:

I don't like Gravy either :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
I don't like Gravy either :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woooo, buddy :biggrin:
Nah, sadly it's also in Scotland :tongue: seems that's the place to be if you want mussels in the uk :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could be in france in under 2 hours, across to dover then the channel tunnel or fast ferry. Scotland is a good 12 hours riding away on the motorbike. :tongue: Useless.

Quick Reply

Latest