The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Is glasgow uni good?

Im thinking of going to glasgow and i was wondering if the uni was good for both STEM and student life
Reply 1
It's very good according to The Complete University Guide. Many STEM subjects often accept entrants with higher average grades than Edinburgh according to there. Although universities with a high proportion of Scottish students (Glasgow almost certainly has a higher proportion than Edinburgh) almost certainly get overrated in entry stats if Scottish Highers for 17 year olds and some international qualifications are being regarded on a par with A-Levels for 18 year olds. Hence St Andrews, Strathclyde, and Glasgow are ranked above Cambridge for entry stats. Across all subjects, Glasgow doesn't have quite the high percentage of staff engaged in high quality research as most other top universities but the quality of that research is very good.
(edited 2 months ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Im thinking of going to glasgow and i was wondering if the uni was good for both STEM and student life
Yes
I have been studying engineering at Glasgow for 5 years. Student life is very good, STEM depends on what you're doing. Engineering department is not the best, admin for the school is not done well, and class quality depends on the lecturer. I've taken some classes with the school of life sciences that have been extremely good. If you let me know what you're planning to study I can try to be more helpful.
Reply 4
Original post by TenderCitrus
I have been studying engineering at Glasgow for 5 years. Student life is very good, STEM depends on what you're doing. Engineering department is not the best, admin for the school is not done well, and class quality depends on the lecturer. I've taken some classes with the school of life sciences that have been extremely good. If you let me know what you're planning to study I can try to be more helpful.
Maths and economics. I have no doubts it's a good university seeing as its one of the best in the world and part of the RG but when I try to find any information about the university and written experiences by students I find almost nothing and I feel like it gets somewhat ignored when compared to other RG unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending