The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Eid Mubarak everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123
It honestly depends on the cat. There are some that are extremely hyper and are up for playing the whole day and then there are the lazy ones that sleep the entire day . Others are so fiesty and scratch everything and everyone (I watch this show called my cat from hell and lord, there are some crazy ones). Alhamdulillah mine (and most of the cats i've seen) are inbetween and well behaved. When you adopt the cat, ask the owner what their mother's personality is like because most cats tend to show behaviours like their mothers (not sure if this is a myth or fact though lol)

Anyways have fun with your new kitty!! :h:

Thank you for the info!! :smile: I have to check out that show now, ive not heard of it before haha. Only dogs from hell/dog stuff always seem to be on. Thanks, will do :biggrin:
Original post by SophiaLDN
Thank you for the info!! :smile: I have to check out that show now, ive not heard of it before haha. Only dogs from hell/dog stuff always seem to be on. Thanks, will do :biggrin:

How was your eid?
How was your eid?

Very good actually, had dinner with a bunch of family & friends. How was yours? I always hear that Eid is much more enjoyable in Muslim countries though, so I hope I can go somewhere during Ramadan/Eid one day.
Original post by SophiaLDN
Very good actually, had dinner with a bunch of family & friends. How was yours? I always hear that Eid is much more enjoyable in Muslim countries though, so I hope I can go somewhere during Ramadan/Eid one day.

Mine was pretty unproductive lol. I slept late last night (drank too much coke and was abit too hyper hehe). I was too tired to get out of bed so couldn't go eid prayer. My aunt and cousins came over and we ate. I then went back to sleep until maghrib :colondollar:
I really need to fix my sleeping pattern now that ramadan is over wallahi :frown:

And ikr! I used to live in kenya for 2 years and the Eids there were 10x better than the ones here because the muslim/somali community is really big there (even though its not really a muslim country :tongue: ). The ones in england are abit bland sometimes..
Original post by Umar1
I haven't been anywhere, just forget about this place lol (twitter mostly!).

Yeah it seems there is gonna be another famine. Things are just getting worse and worse. There is no hope for the place atm. We will just have to wait and see whether the new President come 2016 can improve the situation.

It's basically diabetes on a plate anyways lol. Inshallah you will have a great day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm the opposite, I rarely use Twitter anymore (I used it a lot over the past 3 years, had over 60k tweets and 2k followers lol) so now my social media is limited to TSR :lol:

SubhanAllah yeah, my dad was telling me this a while back. News like this is always so hard to stomach. The future for the Muslim world looks really bleak :frown:

Anyway I don't want to depress you guys lol. Hope you had a good Eid insha'Allah.
How was you guys' Eid? :smile:
Reply 608
Original post by themorninglight
Ah I'm the opposite, I rarely use Twitter anymore (I used it a lot over the past 3 years, had over 60k tweets and 2k followers lol) so now my social media is limited to TSR :lol:

Give it a few months and I'll be at that stage lol.

SubhanAllah yeah, my dad was telling me this a while back. News like this is always so hard to stomach. The future for the Muslim world looks really bleak :frown:

We can only hope and pray for the best.

Anyway I don't want to depress you guys lol. Hope you had a good Eid insha'Allah.

I had a nice Alhamdulilah, how did yours go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
thank girl :tongue:

btw where did you get the pink kimono you're wearing in your avatar? it looks lovely :smile: im kinda obsessed with buying kimonos this summer lol
Mine was pretty unproductive lol. I slept late last night (drank too much coke and was abit too hyper hehe). I was too tired to get out of bed so couldn't go eid prayer. My aunt and cousins came over and we ate. I then went back to sleep until maghrib :colondollar:
I really need to fix my sleeping pattern now that ramadan is over wallahi :frown:

And ikr! I used to live in kenya for 2 years and the Eids there were 10x better than the ones here because the muslim/somali community is really big there (even though its not really a muslim country :tongue: ). The ones in england are abit bland sometimes..

Aww miskeen, I know what you mean. My sleeping pattern is horrendous thanks to Ramadan, I just made it in time for Eid prayer. Nice, Kenya! Lucky you've experienced life in a different country/community. Yeah it really is bland here! I wonder how Eid was like in Somalia during the 60s :colondollar:.
Np :smile:

Yeah river island's ones are quite expensive. I usually buy mine from new look which are around £17-20 so not exactly cheap either hehe.
woah I never thought of trying ebay. I went on the site now and saw a good few which caught my eye and they're all under £12! :O such a bargain. Thanks abaaayo :awesome:
Np :smile:

Yeah river island's ones are quite expensive. I usually buy mine from new look which are around £17-20 so not exactly cheap either hehe.
woah I never thought of trying ebay. I went on the site now and saw a good few which caught my eye and they're all under £12! :O such a bargain. Thanks abaaayo :awesome:

£17-20 = Cheap (for even tissue)
Original post by Abdul-Karim
£17-20 = Cheap (for even tissue)

Lol unless you're filthy rich, you must be kidding.
How am I supposed to answer that? :K:

Hey Boo! I went on a bit of a banter session haha. How was Eid?
Original post by IdeasForLife
Pakistani signing innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Oooooo first post :biggrin: :wink: :eek: :colone: :colondollar:

Im Pakistani tooooo so hey there!
Original post by Chukkeigh
Hey Boo! I went on a bit of a banter session haha. How was Eid?

Yoooo m'love! Eidul fitr 2k14 was dead lol. I missed eid prayer, spent a bit of time entertaining my little cousins and then slept from mid afternoon till maghrib. I had plans but they flopped. I even brought clothes for eid too yaknow. Khasaaro haha :tongue:

Yours?
Yoooo m'love! Eidul fitr 2k14 was dead lol. I missed eid prayer, spent a bit of time entertaining my little cousins and then slept from mid afternoon till maghrib. I had plans but they flopped. I even brought clothes for eid too yaknow. Khasaaro haha :tongue:

Ohmyydayss?!! That is too sad. I must say (not trying to rub it in or anythang, ya know). But my Eid this year was banging alhamdullilah. Prayed in the park with about 40,000 other people. Then went and watched Dawn of the planet of the Apes, chilled with family and ateeee. my outfit looked banging, tried to take selfies but face wasn't rating me and had to delete them. Sad story, eh? :tongue:

Can't believe you live in London and didn't go all outt. Like damn.
Original post by Chukkeigh
Ohmyydayss?!! That is too sad. I must say (not trying to rub it in or anythang, ya know). But my Eid this year was banging alhamdullilah. Prayed in the park with about 40,000 other people. Then went and watched Dawn of the planet of the Apes, chilled with family and ateeee. my outfit looked banging, tried to take selfies but face wasn't rating me and had to delete them. Sad story, eh? :tongue:

Can't believe you live in London and didn't go all outt. Like damn.

wait, may i ask what your real name is?? cuz i did something very similar with a friend of mine Lmao :colondollar: attended that 40k prayer, mashallah it was beautiful i must say
Original post by Geronimo!
wait, may i ask what your real name is?? cuz i did something very similar with a friend of mine Lmao :colondollar: attended that 40k prayer, mashallah it was beautiful i must say

Was it in Bham?

Quick Reply

Latest