The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

MSc Investigative Forensic Psychology 2014

Hello guys. Anybody else going for this postgrad course? I'll go full time and I just got my unconditional today and I am looking forward to move to Liverpool. :biggrin:

I am really looking forward to meeting you all! I'm moving in September from South England and it'd be nice to know someone in advance :wink:

PS: Does anybody have a good idea of good books to read (related to the course) ?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Hi :smile:, I will also be doing this MSc full time in September --- getting nervous about the work load though!

I think they should be sending out a reading list in the next few weeks
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hello to both of you, I just needed some information, I am still at college atm, I would like to know , how many years does it normally take to become a forensic psychologist, and what's best route. :smile:
Hello guys. I am moving at the end of august as I'll want to snoop around before and get a feel for the city before being too stressed to even remember my name.

To kheej, I am coming from another country so I have a Bsc hons in Psychology, then I take this MSc and will go straight to taining, which lasts between 2-5 years, but really I think it'll be allright. that's my avenue. Obviously you need to be registered with the BPS and after training appy for HCPC registration.

When are you gonna be around Liv, Mysti? Have you heard anything from them yet? this is sooooo frustrating!! :frown:
Can't believe that there are not many of us out there... :frown:
Reply 5
Hello! I'm supposed to be starting the MSc Investigative and Forensic Psychology course at Liverpool in September too! I'm still waiting to receive my degree certificate before my place can be confirmed...such a slow process!
Original post by Stephie90
Hello! I'm supposed to be starting the MSc Investigative and Forensic Psychology course at Liverpool in September too! I'm still waiting to receive my degree certificate before my place can be confirmed...such a slow process!

Wow, that's cool. I was starting to think i was the only one doing this course!!! :smile:)) how epic. So when are you gonna know for sure what's happening?? :P

I am still waiting for the welcoming pack.
Reply 7
Original post by lilvamp_queen
Wow, that's cool. I was starting to think i was the only one doing this course!!! :smile:)) how epic. So when are you gonna know for sure what's happening?? :P

I am still waiting for the welcoming pack.

Well, hopefully it won't be too long before I find out. My previous uni are just so slow with everything! I emailed liverpool last week though with a document that they wanted and they still haven't replied either :/

I can't believe how close we are to starting as well! So have you applied for this straight from finishing your BSc or have you had a bit of time out?
Fingers crossed for you! Let me know with what happens:biggrin: I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of our colleagues! :biggrin:
Original post by Stephie90
Well, hopefully it won't be too long before I find out. My previous uni are just so slow with everything! I emailed liverpool last week though with a document that they wanted and they still haven't replied either :/

I can't believe how close we are to starting as well! So have you applied for this straight from finishing your BSc or have you had a bit of time out?

What happened Stephie? Please tell me you're coming xxx
Hi guys! I'm doing this too but the London campus of Liv uni, they're being super slow at emailing out info and I've found no one else doing the course in London!
Original post by lilvamp_queen
What happened Stephie? Please tell me you're coming xxx

Hey! Only just seen this... I am definitely coming. Feeling a little nervous now but so excited! I'll most likely see you on the 25th for the welcome day. Xx
Reply 12
Original post by aheslop92
Hi guys! I'm doing this too but the London campus of Liv uni, they're being super slow at emailing out info and I've found no one else doing the course in London!

Hi Aheslop92,

So what happened afterwards? The course was still started, right?
Oh yeah haha, there's 9 of us doing it, I just hadn't found the others haha, knew they were there though! :smile:
Reply 14
hi aheslop92,

glad to know that. how about the Liverpool class? how many students there? wonder if anyone knows.

anyways, i plan to take this Msc next year but im afraid i dont meet their academic requirements. i hold a bachelor's degree in criminology from a leading uni in Indonesia and graduated cum laude. is there any chance for a non-psychology graduate to join the programme? ive emailed the student admission staff but no response. as it has been ny concern for days, ill appreciate if anyone could give an advice :smile:

thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending