The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent university

Hi, I have received an acceptance letter from the University of Kent for Msc social psychology. Can somebody tell me how was their experience or if they know somebody who has graduated in psychology from kent?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I have received an acceptance letter from the University of Kent for Msc social psychology. Can somebody tell me how was their experience or if they know somebody who has graduated in psychology from kent?
Hi,

Firstly congratulations!

I currently study undergraduate Psychology at Kent and hope to do a masters (MSc in Developmental psychology) here too.

So far my experience of the course has been great (hence me wanting to pursue psychology further at Kent). The staff are very supportive when you express an interest in Psychology to the point where I very much feel part of the Psychology community.

I do have some masters friends who are actually doing an MSc in social psychology and they all seem to enjoy it. The format seems similar to undergraduate with lectures and coursework, just with more of a word count (which there is a variety of such as essays, individual and group presentations, proposals etc).

Is there anything in particular about the experience you have questions or concerns about that you would like to discuss? We would be more than happy to talk about it with you!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey!

Just to add to Alia’s response - I did my MSc in Organisational & Business Psychology from Kent and absolutely loved it! I have some friends who did social/forensic/cognitive psych and all seemed to like it - a few of us are now doing PhDs together at Kent as well!

As Alia said, the staff are really supportive and you form a much closer relationship with your supervisor at masters level. I also found I enjoyed the more independent level of work at masters - the classes are much smaller and you don’t have as many. You generally don’t really have lectures in the same way you do at undergrad, but at Kent they are generally in the form of lec/sem so a small group lecture with discussion straight after.

Again, if you have any specific questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to help!

Best of luck with everything
Natalie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending