The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Anyone else dreading uni as it comes closer? :afraid:

ME
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
ME

Yikes. Its your first year too right? Sorry if you've already told me, i forgot :colondollar:
Yikes. Its your first year too right? Sorry if you've already told me, i forgot :colondollar:

lol yep it is :smile: kinda excited but
lol yep it is :smile: kinda excited but

..?
hey gyals i know peepz from my area (muslims) who got married when they were 16 lol they divorced beacuse none of them could coook:biggrin: am i supposed to find that funny? wahahahah

another quick question have any of you taken GAP years or RETAKEN any years?... how on EARTH did you convince your parents?
Original post by hugoalmeida
hey gyals i know peepz from my area (muslims) who got married when they were 16 lol they divorced beacuse none of them could coook:biggrin: am i supposed to find that funny? wahahahah

another quick question have any of you taken GAP years or RETAKEN any years?... how on EARTH did you convince your parents?

Lmao girls should never marry unless they can cook. I heard so many stories like that lol

I just finished my gap year. Believe me it was VERY hard trying to convince my mum but when i told her the fact that i stood a better chance of getting into a russell group uni (and hence higher job prospects) if i did work experience in my gap year, she agreed :smile: her main worry was that she thought taking a gap yr would change my mind completely about going uni but i was like hoyo macaan i will def go uni and she was fine. It still took her time to get used to it though but alhamdulillah it worked and i dont regret taking a year out as I've grown a lot as a person :biggrin:
Lmao girls should never marry unless they can cook. I heard so many stories like that lol

I just finished my gap year. Believe me it was VERY hard trying to convince my mum but when i told her the fact that i stood a better chance of getting into a russell group uni (and hence higher job prospects) if i did work experience in my gap year, she agreed :smile: her main worry was that she thought taking a gap yr would change my mind completely about going uni but i was like hoyo macaan i will def go uni and she was fine. It still took her time to get used to it though but alhamdulillah it worked and i dont regret taking a year out as I've grown a lot as a person :biggrin:

haha yeah i know... yh thats really good if it had benefited you as a person and for the future... im not considering a gap year but I want to redo my A2's as i dont want to go to my insurance uni. Did you do exams in your gap year?... school are being idiots and not letting me come back... they think ill stop bugging them...madness is gonna do down!!!
yh my parents literally said "uni or full time school"... even retaking in full time school they are really critical about!
(edited 9 years ago)
..?

Lol I stopped somewhere wrong that last word was meant to be excited :biggrin:
Original post by hugoalmeida

My sister took a gap year, and my parents did not want her to caus she got into uni and everything but she told them how she wanted to retake some exams and do better. :smile: They finally let her, so she revised at home and took her exams externally. She did have lots of free time lool
(edited 9 years ago)
My sister took a gap year, and my parents did not want her to caus she got into uni and everything but she told them how she wanted to retake some exams and do better. :smile: They finally let her, so she revised at home and took her exams externally. She did have lots of free time lool

One thing i hated about my gap year is too much free time. Its exciting at the start but gets very boring after a while
Original post by SophiaLDN
Same here, I think that's too young. I just want to h'enjoy my life and look buff before getting tied down to some Abdi and having 5 kids with big foreheads. I think 26/27 would be my ideal age to get married.

I totally agree wallahiiii, I just wanna look good and do me insaAllah. Don't care if that sounds selfish, I just don't wanna be phat and have children afta children none stop.

Two of my friends at the age of 20 got married these past two weeks, masaAllah, but whyyy boo. I feel like crying.
I need to get with a guy that has lived away from his mum, so that he has learned how to cook and clean, and also preferable has no sisters. InsaAllah ya rab. Sister in laws are headaches, I swear, they expect too much from ya.

LOOOOOOOOOOL at a gal shouldn't marry unless she knows how to cook. This just sad mannn.
Original post by Chukkeigh
I totally agree wallahiiii, I just wanna look good and do me insaAllah. Don't care if that sounds selfish, I just don't wanna be phat and have children afta children none stop.

Two of my friends at the age of 20 got married these past two weeks, masaAllah, but whyyy boo. I feel like crying.

Who says you gotta have kids straight away?

Original post by Chukkeigh
I need to get with a guy that has lived away from his mum, so that he has learned how to cook and clean, and also preferable has no sisters. InsaAllah ya rab. Sister in laws are headaches, I swear, they expect too much from ya.

LOOOOOOOOOOL at a gal shouldn't marry unless she knows how to cook. This just sad mannn.

I agree with the sisters bit. Some Sisters in law are the spawn of the devil lool
Who says you gotta have kids straight away?

I agree with the sisters bit. Some Sisters in law are the spawn of the devil lool

I never said have kids straight away, I said have kids afta kids afta kids. Read purlease babugal.

yea wallahi, they do mi head in sometimes.
Anyone else dreading uni as it comes closer? :afraid:

Yeah me xx

why so not live.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover
Yeah me xx

Hate this feeling lol. I just dont feel ready but im a little excited too about meeting new people. Gah screw mixed feelings :frown:
Just listening to Billie Holiday, she is so brilliant, and Jazz fans here?
One thing i hated about my gap year is too much free time. Its exciting at the start but gets very boring after a while

lol that's what happened to my older sis, she wanted to travel and do work experience but it did not happen.
lol that's what happened to my older sis, she wanted to travel and do work experience but it did not happen.

What uni is she off to and what course?

Quick Reply

Latest