The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chukkeigh
I live in planet Earth boo. I never called all Somali GIRLS crazy, I called Somali people in London crazy which includes gals & boys, unless London had been taken ova by Somali girls only..

North American Somalis are much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
North American Somalis are much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea tbh..might be.
Whoa, why do you all want to get married so early? :lolwut: The Somali guys stalking this thread are like, yeah boy, I'll have my bariis ready in 4... 3... 2... hahaha
Any Somali dude interested?
I want to introduce you to my dad and see what he'd do :lol:
Original post by Getting_Started
Whoa, why do you all want to get married so early? :lolwut: The Somali guys stalking this thread are like, yeah boy, I'll have my bariis ready in 4... 3... 2... hahaha

Looool 22/23 isn't 'early' its the best age to get married imo. I wouldn't marry a guy around the same age though because they're generally immature until they're 26
Original post by Secretnerd123
Looool 22/23 isn't 'early' its the best age to get married imo. I wouldn't marry a guy around the same age though because they're generally immature until they're 26

lol, do you know many guys your age? :tongue:

I won't be financially stable at 22 - I'll be at uni. Wouldn't you hate to be dependent on anyone but yourself?
Original post by Getting_Started
lol, do you know many guys your age? :tongue:

I dont really associate with guys much but its a well known fact women mature faster then men so its good to marry someone atleast 3 years older than you so you're on the same level of maturity :tongue:

I won't be financially stable at 22 - I'll be at uni. Wouldn't you hate to be dependent on anyone but yourself?

This is what i mean. I wouldn't want someone who isn't financially stable hence why i want some atleast 3 years older (when im 22/23 i'A) . When you're married, you're both dependent on eachother. It's not 'my money' but 'our money' :smile:

Spoiler

Chukkeigh and Sophia. You girls are so influenced by the western world where the non-muslims marry so late. Believe me by 28, its gonna be so hard for you guys to find a good husband who isn't a divorcee

A divorcee :eek::eek:

But really, you've just finished Uni & you want to jump into marriage? You havent even got your grad job yet/a job? Why the struggle? I want to be able to provide for myself and family before I have to rely on a husband.

I think im being realistic walahi, not many get married at 22/23 now in this day and age/economy. None of my friends are married or even close to marrying (including guys & girls) because they are just stepping into the world and trying to set themselves up with jobs and a career (atleast work 1 yr in) so they can have a stable life. Then marriage.

Btw, will you have an arranged marriage or find abdi yourself?

Somali guys, whats the oldest you'd marry? Or will you look for 18 year olds when you're ready to marry :unsure:
(edited 9 years ago)
I get that it gave you a bad impression on somali london girls.
And hey I ain't crazy. I don't get involved in the somali partying, linking or fighting nonsense that happens around London but I have friends that do those things.
Just a guy whos focused on his studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talking to Ch....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophiaLDN
A divorcee :eek::eek:

But really, you've just finished Uni & you want to jump into marriage? You havent even got your grad job yet/a job? Why the struggle? I want to be able to provide for myself and family before I have to rely on a husband.

I think im being realistic walahi, not many get married at 22/23 now in this day and age/economy. None of my friends are married or even close to marrying (including guys & girls) because they are just stepping into the world and trying to set themselves up with jobs and a career (atleast work 1 yr in) so they can have a stable life. Then marriage.

Btw, will you have an arranged marriage or find abdi yourself?

s]

Fair enough. Everyone has different ideas and should do what they think is best for them at the end of the day :smile:

and regarding your question, I'd rather find someone for myself rather than an arranged marriage (I would use this as a back up though lol). I know exactly the kind of person I want and I doubt my family would find me someone with the same weird sense of humour as me and just someone who is 100% compatible so its best if I find someone myself.

I'm going to put marriage to the back of my mind whilst at uni or atleast till my last year and just focus on my studies for now.
Original post by Abzey_97
I get that it gave you a bad impression on somali london girls.
And hey I ain't crazy. I don't get involved in the somali partying, linking or fighting nonsense that happens around London but I have friends that do those things.
Just a guy whos focused on his studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every somali outside london seems to think london girls are crazy but in all honesty, only a minority are crazy (well atleast the area I grew up in).
Fair enough. Everyone has different ideas and should do what they think is best for them at the end of the day :smile:

and regarding your question, I'd rather find someone for myself rather than an arranged marriage (I would use this as a back up though lol). I know exactly the kind of person I want and I doubt my family would find me someone with the same weird sense of humour as me and just someone who is 100% compatible so its best if I find someone myself.

I'm going to put marriage to the back of my mind whilst at uni or atleast till my last year and just focus on my studies for now.

Yeah, everyone goes through life at a different pace. Whatever works for you is cool :smile:

Me too lol, arranged would be my last resort. I would rather find someone myself. I was like you before Uni thinking i'd get married young but then life happened lol. Yeah, just do whatever you feel like is right for you.
Yeah, everyone goes through life at a different pace. Whatever works for you is cool :smile:

Me too lol, arranged would be my last resort. I would rather find someone myself. I was like you before Uni thinking i'd get married young but then life happened lol. Yeah, just do whatever you feel like is right for you.

Btw is it true what a lot of girls say - that you're likely find your future husband at uni? Loool
Original post by Chukkeigh
Lol that is true wallaheey I have gone a bit OTT but I feel like i have to repeat myself constantly. Lolz for me moneeeey, looks, family and then personality.

Money ova everythang boo.

Looool girl! I don't agree with you on this one. You need a good personality otherwise your looks wont even save you.
For me its **** marriage and women. Wouldn't mind adopting a boy(age from 4-6) that came from a harsh background like Syria or Somalia and give him a good life in the UK.
Women are too much of a hassle and so if I dont find the right one then that ^ would be my plan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw is it true what a lot of girls say - that you're likely find your future husband at uni? Loool

Hell no! I swear that's the biggest lie told to everyone :laugh:. Even I thought I would lool! You'll find your future husband outside of Uni.

The only ones I know that found their future partner at Uni was the gaalo & cadaan people.
Hell no! I swear that's the biggest lie told to everyone :laugh:. Even I thought I would lool! You'll find your future husband outside of Uni.

The only ones I know that found their future partner at Uni was the gaalo & cadaan people.

LOOOOOOOOOOL wallahiii I thought the same, people bloody lied to us!

Original post by Abzey_97
For me its **** marriage and women. Wouldn't mind adopting a boy(age from 4-6) that came from a harsh background like Syria or Somalia and give him a good life in the UK.
Women are too much of a hassle and so if I dont find the right one then that ^ would be my plan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. girls are hassle?????!!!! What world do you live in boo?
Looool girl! I don't agree with you on this one. You need a good personality otherwise your looks wont even save you.

I was just messing around sis, character comes first, then family and then looks for me. For girlsss looks always somehow fall beloww personality somehow...I hate that tbh.

He still gotto make good dough tho.
Lol. girls are hassle?????!!!! What world do you live in boo?

The many girls I've met in my life are uninteresting and predictable. That might cause controversy so lemme say i didnt mean it in a bad way. Also you only really know someone if you have lived with them or known them for a very long time but in somali and other marriages everything happens pretty fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOOOOOL so people have been lying to me all this time :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest