The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chukkeigh
Holla at Al-Farhan he seems like a religious dude masaAllah.

Don't worry chucks.
I will hook you both up, you are my dear sisters after All.
We have brothers with lush beards in our mosque :colone::cool:
We gots all sorts, somali akhis, jamaican akhis even ginger akhis.
You just get your wali's number.
Original post by Secretnerd123
A girl that I used to watch on youtube (and actually met) is going to be on xfactor this year 👌😄

I've seriously considered applying for X factor before :O
Curious question here. Really interested in opinions lool
Would you guys Marry outside your ethnicity and culture and what do you expect in a life partner?
Original post by QueenSI
Weird girl? The one he meets at uni or the snobby one at his school. Hahaha I don't know why it's called their maybe she fantasises about him lol nothing dodgy happens. Hehe

Ahaha no the one at the hotel when they are on their honeymoon.

She is so hot but i cant take her seriously because of that giant ugly rose she got tattooed on her bum a while ago lmao :facepalm:

Lmao I'm not going to watch it but yeah not a nice tattoo. She's still absolutely gorgeous though! :colone:
Original post by Biryani007
Ahaha no the one at the hotel when they are on their honeymoon.

Lmao I'm not going to watch it but yeah not a nice tattoo. She's still absolutely gorgeous though! :colone:

She's just this irrelevant crazy bitch you'll see lol
Original post by QueenSI
Would you guys Marry outside your ethnicity and culture and what do you expect in a life partner?

Hey haha you watched that TV show today didn't you? When the boys didn't show up and left the girls hanging that lady called and gave some really hot headed speech and said my Somalia isn't good when clearly it was better than her English loooiil
Original post by hugoalmeida
I've seriously considered applying for X factor before :O

Can you even sing? Lolol

Original post by QueenSI

This has been discussed so many times in this soc haha but i'll answer it anyway :biggrin:

I personally want to marry within my culture inshaAllah because I want my kids to grow up in the somali culture and i'm a very family oriented person and would like my husband to meet and get along with my uncles and aunts and that can't really happen if I marry a non-somali as they don't speak english so communicating with my husb would be hard for them. And I also want someone to share the good ol' somali banter with :wink: I don't give a monkeys about tribes though

I have a list of everything i want in a life partner but the main things are that he has to be a practicing muslim, can make me laugh without even trying and shares my sense of humour (this 2 are crucial), caring, romantic and ambitious :smile: you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QueenSI
She's just this irrelevant crazy bitch you'll see lol

Ahah oh...she faked her pain so that he would touch her :rolleyes:

Original post by QueenSI

Welll...
I'm Pakistani Afghan and it's not really the norm to marry outside...everyone in my family has married a pashtun :redface:
I think I'll end up marrying one too but Idk..
I want someone funny, clever, caring, humble, witty, etc...the usual.
And beard!!! :biggrin:
InshaaA :colondollar:
Can you even sing? Lolol

This has been discussed so many times in this soc haha but i'll answer it anyway :biggrin:

I personally want to marry within my culture inshaAllah because I want my kids to grow up in the somali culture and i'm a very family oriented person and would like my husband to meet and get along with my uncles and aunts and that can't really happen as they don't speak english. And I also want someone to share the good ol' somali banter with :wink: I don't give a monkeys about tribes though

I have a list of everything i want in a life partner but the main things are that he has to be a practicing muslim, can make me laugh without even trying and shares my sense of humour (this 2 are crucial), caring, romantic and ambitious :smile: you?

Wallahay you're a girl who's on her deen mashallah. Most somalis girls couldn't care, if thier husband was non'practising.
Btw, You are the person who quoted me the most, this 12 months. Gurll I luv you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you even sing? Lolol

I personally want to marry within my culture inshaAllah because I want my kids to grow up in the somali culture and i'm a very family oriented person and would like my husband to meet and get along with my uncles and aunts and that can't really happen as they don't speak english. And I also want someone to share the good ol' somali banter with :wink: I don't give a monkeys about tribes though

I didn't even want to get married, ever. But now I'm 18 I do. Lol I don't know if I'd Marry out of Somali culture it depends on the person tbh.
I want someone who's kind, has good imam. I don't really care about their physical appearance. As in they don't have to be hot. They can be Good looking in my eyes but somebody else might not agree. A bit cliché I guess hehe. My expectations aren't really OTT. I wouldn't even ask for dowry. If I did it'd be something like the entire harry potter hard back set(don't judge me it's sorta expensive and I love HP) lol . I find it weird how people ask for 25k dowry:/

Welll...
I'm Pakistani Afghan and it's not really the norm to marry outside...everyone in my family has married a pashtun :redface:

#beardgang4life

Btw whats the diff between a pathan and pashtun?

Welll...

Hehe arwww too cute. The beard defoooo but I do like stubble as well lol
Because your all my Somali bros and sis`, and that your all nocturnal and your such helpfull people I needed help about on what on earth I should do with my life in the next couple of weeks... i got my a level results and missed my firm choice and ended up withmy insurance which is ranked about 399 places below the uni I firmed in the world uni rankings. I didn't really want to go there in the 1st place it was just an educated choice as I wanted to stay in London and it was the next best thing but the gap for my course is just :O

Anyway I asked my school if I could retake the year and they said no so bi sent the headteacher some longbutt email explaining my desires and that I want to retake...not hanging around I'm also going in to see head of anothr local sixth form on Monday. .. do you think hiding the fact I currently have a uni place is a good idea?

If all else fails, I've considered being an external student and going in the coming summer just to do exams.but my mum keep assaying `banaanka maliska joogayo` so she want me either in school or at uni... I don't think even in a1000 years she would reason with me if i told her it would be external student :O... heeyyyllppp
Original post by missfats
Wallahay you're a girl who's on her deen mashallah. Most somalis girls couldn't care, if thier husband was non'practising.
Btw, You are the person who quoted me the most, this 12 months. Gurll I luv you

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he ain't on his deen, I can't be his queen :lol:

I have to make sure hes fully practicing though because these days akhis with beards are doing god knows what lol

And aha the person who quoted me the most used to be ahmed but its you now :* :jumphug:
Original post by QueenSI
I didn't even want to get married, ever. But now I'm 18 I do. Lol I don't know if I'd Marry out of Somali culture it depends on the person tbh.
I want someone who's kind, has good imam. I don't really care about their physical appearance. As in they don't have to be hot. They can be Good looking in my eyes but somebody else might not agree. A bit cliché I guess hehe. My expectations aren't really OTT. I wouldn't even ask for dowry. If I did it'd be something like the entire harry potter hard back set(don't judge me it's sorta expensive and I love HP) lol . I find it weird how people ask for 25k dowry:/

i agree with the looks bit. I have to be attracted to him because lets face it, you're going to see that person everyday but i dont care if others don't think the same as looks are very subjective anyway :smile:

And omg yess girls ask for too much money these days. I just expect his family to pay for the wedding (which won't be that extravagant inshaAllah) and i'll send some of the money to my relatives in Africa.
Original post by QueenSI
Hehe arwww too cute. The beard defoooo but I do like stubble as well lol

Stubble is amazing. I think i prefer stubble to beards lol
If he ain't on his deen, I can't be his queen :lol:

I have to make sure hes fully practicing though because these days
akhis with beards are doing god knows what lol

And aha the person who quoted me the most used to be ahmed but its you now :* :jumphug:

Kids be growing beards at 13... what about if someone's b&b "BEARDED & BALD" LOL
Original post by hugoalmeida
Because your all my Somali bros and sis`, and that your all nocturnal and your such helpfull people I needed help about on what on earth I should do with my life in the next couple of weeks... i got my a level results and missed my firm choice and ended up withmy insurance which is ranked about 399 places below the uni I firmed in the world uni rankings. I didn't really want to go there in the 1st place it was just an educated choice as I wanted to stay in London and it was the next best thing but the gap for my course is just :O

Anyway I asked my school if I could retake the year and they said no so bi sent the headteacher some longbutt email explaining my desires and that I want to retake...not hanging around I'm also going in to see head of anothr local sixth form on Monday. .. do you think hiding the fact I currently have a uni place is a good idea?

If all else fails, I've considered being an external student and going in the coming summer just to do exams.but my mum keep assaying `banaanka maliska joogayo` so she want me either in school or at uni... I don't think even in a1000 years she would reason with me if i told her it would be external student :O... heeyyyllppp

I personally would hide that I have a place at Uni & just annoy the school into allowing me to retake. I would pretend I don't have a place as they are more likely to offer you a place I think. Ask your fav teacher to back you up on this? Or apply for other colleges & 6th forms so you can retake. You don't sound happy with the insurance choice & I think you shouldn't just settle for the sake of going into Uni.

If you're not happy with the insurance, dont go walahi, I know way too many people who did that and ended up dropping out/ failing due to motivation & depression. Just work hard and sign up to a local college or 6th form (hurry as enrolment should be now?). Being external would be difficult seeing as you didnt get the grades the first time round, so unless you're extremely motivated & can effectively teach yourself then sure. But I would suggest you go to school to retake. Goodluck!! :smile:
i agree with the looks bit. I have to be attracted to him because lets face it, you're going to see that person everyday but i dont care if others don't think the same as looks are very subjective anyway :smile:

And omg yess girls ask for too much money these days. I just expect his family to pay for the wedding (which won't be that extravagant inshaAllah) and i'll send some of the money to my relatives in Africa.

I wanna have a mosque wedding inshallah really small. I don't want the day I complete half of my deen to be full of sins. Subhanallah. And yeah walahi so kibir when they ask for thousands of pounds as if they are getting married to David Beckham and not farax who just finished uni. Lol too much . I also hate the whole qabil bullsh*t. We are ask equal ffs
Stubble is amazing. I think i prefer stubble to beards lol

Me too eep. But beard is sunnah so id prefer some men do look attractive with a sunnah beard

Quick Reply

Latest