The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chukkeigh
You just cursed me big time. I don't wanna meet my future husband from the mosque, most of them are slyly women beaters, sexist or salafi.

Puhlease. You should know not to make such assumptions/generalisations. If the person is on deen they should know better and I'd love my husband to be a regular masjid-goer. At least you know they are making effort to pray their salaahs in congregation and care about the deen. I personally want that. Idk what you want in a partner but I just wanted to say that the brothers in the masjid are practising or at least trying so don't accuse them like that. Some might be but most aren't the way you're describing them...not where I'm from anyway.
Anyway inshaaA we'll all get amazing spouses :smile:
Original post by Biryani007
Puhlease. You should know not to make such assumptions/generalisations. If the person is on deen they should know better and I'd love my husband to be a regular masjid-goer. At least you know they are making effort to pray their salaahs in congregation and care about the deen. I personally want that. Idk what you want in a partner but I just wanted to say that the brothers in the masjid are practising or at least trying so don't accuse them like that. Some might be but most aren't the way you're describing them...not where I'm from anyway.
Anyway inshaaA we'll all get amazing spouses :smile:

I merely said I don't wanna meet my husband in the masjid, which implies I wanna meet him somewhere else, not necessarily that I don't want my husband to NOT go mosque...he can go whereever, doesn't really bother me. This was my opinion, in that this is something I noticed from certain brothers and also heard about it quite a few times. So technically, I am just 'brushing' the people I have come across with the same paint brush.

Lolz only cause I said I don't wanna meet my husband in the mosque doesnt mean I dont want a practising guy boo, i could perhaps meet him in the library or ya know outside?
(edited 9 years ago)
You just cursed me big time. I don't wanna meet my future husband from the mosque, most of them are slyly women beaters, sexist or salafi.

Wth.!! What is wrong with you?

Subhan'allah :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what's a salafi?!! ive been trying to find it everywhere but it doesnt make any sense :confused:

BIG generalisation lmao. I dont even know what a salafi is. Women beating is moist tbh cause thats just a sideman movement and haram.

Do you know what a salafi is? A lot of people claim to be salafi's but are not.
A salafi is someone that follows the Quran and the Sunnah according to the understanding of the salaf who are the pious predecessors starting from the sahaba and then the taabieen and those who followed.
The proof for this is attached.

At the time the believers were the sahaba and we must follow them and the way they understood the religion,not something that we get from our desires.

I merely said I don't wanna meet my husband in the masjid, which implies I wanna meet him somewhere else, not necessarily that I don't want my husband to NOT go mosque...he can go whereever, doesn't really bother me. This was my opinion, in that this is something I noticed from certain brothers and also heard about it quite a few times. So technically, I am just 'brushing' the people I have come across with the same paint brush.

Lolz only cause I said I don't wanna meet my husband in the mosque doesnt mean I dont want a practising guy boo, i could perhaps meet him in the library or ya know outside?

There's a very low chance of meeting him at a mosque as its obvs segregated anyway, unless you ask an imam to find you one.
And as others have said, please don't generalise. You also seem to have issues with the religious girls who go mosque judging by your other posts because you said they're all 'sly'. I want to know why you have a negative attitude towards these akhis and ukhtis. You can't always believe negative things you hear from people sis :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Lol I don't want to argue but you said 'from'....obviously no one meets a guy in masjid because guys and girls are always seperate.
You should have worded it better imo..."The few guys that I know of that go to the masjid don't really have the best character..." Instead of saying most.
Lmao am I missing something? Is it common to meet your husband inside the masjid? I thought guys and girls were always separate :redface:
Salaam All, How are all you guys doing? :smile:
I weighed myself today omg! I gained soo much weight... from binge eating this summer. holy! Bit hypocritical saying this as I'm eating pizza now aha! I'll stop when I start college.
:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
I weighed myself today omg! I gained soo much weight... from binge eating this summer. holy! Bit hypocritical saying this as I'm eating pizza now aha! I'll stop when I start college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahhahha lol that always happens

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool you are funny :tongue: when you start college you'll lose the weight don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Salaam All, How are all you guys doing? :smile:

Walaikumu salaam. Good, alhamdulillah :biggrin:. How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Hahahhahha lol that always happens

Original post by brown shuga
Lool you are funny :tongue: when you start college you'll lose the weight don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you guys lose weight in college? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliusSeizure
Wth.!! What is wrong with you?

Subhan'allah :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Err nothing bbz, was just stating my opinion.

Original post by MathsAddict
BIG generalisation lmao. I dont even know what a salafi is. Women beating is moist tbh cause thats just a sideman movement and haram.

Lol glad to know that women beating is 'moist'.

Original post by Ishaaq Mohamed
Do you know what a salafi is? A lot of people claim to be salafi's but are not.
A salafi is someone that follows the Quran and the Sunnah according to the understanding of the salaf who are the pious predecessors starting from the sahaba and then the taabieen and those who followed.
The proof for this is attached.

At the time the believers were the sahaba and we must follow them and the way they understood the religion,not something that we get from our desires.

Err, I meant modern day salafi...

Lol at people saying how you gonna meet a guy in a mosque, don't ask me, as ahmed he was the one who said it.

Anyways this is my opinion & if y'all disagree it won't really affect me much tbh.
Original post by Biryani007
Lol I don't want to argue but you said 'from'....obviously no one meets a guy in masjid because guys and girls are always seperate.
You should have worded it better imo..."The few guys that I know of that go to the masjid don't really have the best character..." Instead of saying most.
Lmao am I missing something? Is it common to meet your husband inside the masjid? I thought guys and girls were always separate :redface:

Nahhh bzz there is actually a underground tunnel where we can regularly communicate with one another..
Original post by brown shuga
Walaikumu salaam. Good, alhamdulillah :biggrin:. How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good alhamdulilah :smile: Just feeling really BORED
Original post by Secretnerd123
I highly doubt you are. And what decent guy makes an account pretending to be a girl so he can talk to guys. Sounds abit gay to me

You're a girl. Abaayo cayaarta nakadaa

:giggle:

A lot of guys do.
Did you guys lose weight in college? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not directed at me but I gained weight the first year because there was quite abit of free time and me and my friends would always go to a sainsbury's store right near my college and buy tons of junk food. I lost it the second year because i started going gym and there was a lot of hard work involved so i didnt really think about food much lol
Err nothing bbz, was just stating my opinion.

Lol glad to know that women beating is 'moist'.

Err, I meant modern day salafi...

Lol at people saying how you gonna meet a guy in a mosque, don't ask me, as ahmed he was the one who said it.

Anyways this is my opinion & if y'all disagree it won't really affect me much tbh.

There is a saying from Imam Malik that roughly translates to
"This ummah will not be reformed\rectified except which the earlier stages were rectified\reformed with"

Quick Reply

Latest