The Student Room Group

Can a chemistry or biomedical science degree get me into investment banking

I'd like to go into M&A section of investment banking, however I'm not too keen on studying maths or economics. I know the university you attend counts so if I got a chemistry degree or biomed degree from Warwick and started doing the necessary work experience and internships early on could I break in to IB?
Short answer: Yes.
Reply 2
Would I be at a large disadvantage ? To someone who has an economics degree or do they really encourage diversity in degrees.
Original post by unique_freak
Would I be at a large disadvantage ? To someone who has an economics degree or do they really encourage diversity in degrees.

depends where u do it. someone with econ from a target would probably have more of an advantage.
I'd like to go into M&A section of investment banking, however I'm not too keen on studying maths or economics. I know the university you attend counts so if I got a chemistry degree or biomed degree from Warwick and started doing the necessary work experience and internships early on could I break in to IB?

for spring weeks, the amount of responsibility you take on outside of academics is the way. focus on that first before summer internships, it makes life a hell of a lot easier to get a sw and convert.
Reply 5

Hi! I am applying this year and I am going through the same thing! Could I please get some advise from you! Are you still wanting to do investment banking?

I have looked at this quite a lot, but do you know what division you want to go in. Plus do you recognise the difference between sales and trading and investment banking?

Banks look a lot at your A levels what are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending