The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ahhhahahahhahahahahahahhahah :')
Reply 2
Original post by Strangeambition
Hi guys,
I've recently been wanting to change the laces on my black Doc Martins, however have been told that certain laces mean stuff.
If anyone out there knows what different colours of laces mean, it'd be great to know so I don't end up giving people the wrong impression of me.....
:confused:

ah the only colours you want to watch out for are white or red laces. back in the day when skin heads and racist groups used to go out attacking people they either wore white laces so when you kicked someone's teeth in the blood showed or you wore red because you did it so often you dont want it to show, or at least that was how it was explained to me by this old punk I know. Hope this helps
Thanks for that, I was gonna go for red aswell so maybe I'll opt for Blue instead now :smile:
The importance of colour coding on Doc Martens is somewhat overstated; it would only really be significant if other people understand and Doc Martens are so popular now that such small details have become somewhat lost. Typically, white means white power, and red is often interpreted as white power as well (blood spilled for the white race). Blue is sXe. But like I said, it's not really important any more. Are you a skinhead?
pink is gay
:colondollar:
Original post by major mike
pink is gay
Reply 7
Original post by Strangeambition
Thanks for that, I was gonna go for red aswell so maybe I'll opt for Blue instead now :smile:

A wise choice. See you at the lido!
OK a bit cold for that :colondollar:
Yellow & Red laces

I remember from my youth when the skinhead movement started I was too young to hang in a pub so I hung around outside pubs with the punks and skunks, a skunk is a half punk half skinhead and are mostly Indians or blacks and not racist and into the western world (i.e) no religion and no politics the reason punks and skunks were Mowhaks & Moheicans was because the Mowhawk and Mohehcans fought unitl almost extict against the Imperial monarchal colonlial system so our generation adpated the Indian dress coden to display systemised contempt and when laces were pointed out to us, yellow laces in black doc martens were known to be anti Pakistani and red laces in black martin's were known to be anti Asian and so on (etc) it was a terrible time with lots of racial cinflict, communtity centres, resurantes and take away were always targetted.

In an unrelated term, nickname skins were taken from the term native American skins as in animal skins worn by the tribal warrior braves and during the sixty years Indian wars in an Indian confederacy created by six main tribes to drive the pilgrims, settlers and US cavalry out of America(s) through these days they symbolize 100% Indian tribalism.

14 to 18 century example Lakota Sioux War Shirt
Blue laces mean u killed a cop so I'd avoid those lol
Reply 11
Blue means you killed a cop
Reply 12
Surely this is outdated by now and I don’t have to worry about this ?? I just want colourful laces lmao
Hahaha, what a load of *******s! Yellow laces anti skinhead, tell that to all the skins with yellow laces in their boots.The color of the laces have so many meanings in different parts of the world, even within the skinheadscene, that is has lost all of it's meaning....In my opinion yellow laces look excellent in combination with yellow stitches! In particular with horizontal lacing (laddering)!
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest