The Student Room Group

Gcse edexcel triple science help!!!!!!

So basically I'm doing Edexcel triple science and I'm going to do my tests next year and what I want to know is what revision guide/student book do I need to get and which ones are the best.

1.) Should it be a Revision guide or a Student book if I want to learn new things and revise?
2.) Are the Edexcel books good or are the CGP books better or are there any better brands?
3.) Where should i get it from? A link would be great?
4.) Is triple science include( B1,B2 &B3) or only (B1 and B2)
5.) any good websites to use apart from bitesize?
6.) Also what grade did you get from using these books in science?
7.) And finally... if there are any links for past papers?

Thanks for reading and sorry for the load of questions but I'm bear confused
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way I'm asking because my chemistry teacher is not very good and I decided to learn by myself and from tutoring.
SAFE!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hiya, I do AQA triple science so I can only help you out with a few things but here goes
Revision guides are very helpful for extra information that is not necessarily in a school guide.
In my opinion the CGP guides are very good. They are funny, presented in a good way, and cover basic as well as more in depth information than the (in my case) AQA book covers. They are thicker with more space for diagrams e.t.c.
Most book stores sell a huge variety of revision guides so if you go and check them out you might find one you prefer. Waterstones, amazon, wh smiths e.t.c
If it's the same as aqa then triple science includes (P1,P2,P3) (C1,C2,C3)(B1,B2,B3) with the unit 3 being the extra triple science bit.
Bitesize is good, there are also lots of good youtube videos(just search it).
I'm currently on target to achieve an A* in all 3 sciences but we'll see how it goes.
As for past papers go onto the edexcel websites and there should be papers and mark schemes on there.
Hope this helps. :smile:
I did Edexcel exam board and I did triple science, core science and Additional science. So 9 exams in total.
Grades:
Biology - A* A* A*
Chemistry - A* A* A*
Physics - A* A* B
Let me give you advice. Firstly, don't use words like "safe" or "bear" (which is supposed to be 'bare' anyway).
Secondly, Triple science= B3, C3, P3.
Finally, the books I used are sky blue edexcel books and there was a book for core science, additional science and triple science.
Reply 3
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hiya, I do AQA triple science so I can only help you out with a few things but here goes
Revision guides are very helpful for extra information that is not necessarily in a school guide.
In my opinion the CGP guides are very good. They are funny, presented in a good way, and cover basic as well as more in depth information than the (in my case) AQA book covers. They are thicker with more space for diagrams e.t.c.
Most book stores sell a huge variety of revision guides so if you go and check them out you might find one you prefer. Waterstones, amazon, wh smiths e.t.c
If it's the same as aqa then triple science includes (P1,P2,P3) (C1,C2,C3)(B1,B2,B3) with the unit 3 being the extra triple science bit.
Bitesize is good, there are also lots of good youtube videos(just search it).
I'm currently on target to achieve an A* in all 3 sciences but we'll see how it goes.
As for past papers go onto the edexcel websites and there should be papers and mark schemes on there.
Hope this helps. :smile:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING ALL MY QUESTIONS AND SO CLEARLY!!!!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! also ive got cgp revision guides for all core sciences and additional and since ive just learning core i find the notes to be too briefly explained and listed. i like to study by making my own notes through sources so should i use student books such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-GCSE-Science-Student-Book/dp/1846908892. THANK YOU
Reply 4
Original post by SuperiorGenius
I did Edexcel exam board and I did triple science, core science and Additional science. So 9 exams in total.
Grades:
Biology - A* A* A*
Chemistry - A* A* A*
Physics - A* A* B
Let me give you advice. Firstly, don't use words like "safe" or "bear" (which is supposed to be 'bare' anyway).
Finally, the books I used are sky blue edexcel books and there was a book for core science, additional science and triple science.

Firstly, thank you for your post and advice!
Secondly, when you mean sky blue book do you mean http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/revise-edexcel-edexcel-gcse-additional-science-revision-guide-higher-revise-edexcel-science/9781446902653?
Thirdly, do you think that the Student book or Revision guide are most beneficial?
Finally how long ago before the exams did you start to revise?
I appreciate your helpfulness and thank you for replying...

SAFE HOMIE! And plus: man hopes you ace all your exams with A* so good luck G!
Original post by jj.repinec
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING ALL MY QUESTIONS AND SO CLEARLY!!!!!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!! also ive got cgp revision guides for all core sciences and additional and since ive just learning core i find the notes to be too briefly explained and listed. i like to study by making my own notes through sources so should i use student books such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-GCSE-Science-Student-Book/dp/1846908892. THANK YOU

I don't see why you shouldn't buy the edexcel book as it will be specific to your syllabus. You could use a mixture of the 2 and then it will be more interesting and you'll definitely be covered! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Grades:
Biology - A* A* A*
Chemistry - A* A* A*
Physics - A* A* B

if you don't mind me asking what did you get overall on physics?

Quick Reply

Latest