The Student Room Group

Advice

Hi

Hope everyone is well. Can anyone tell me the difference between combined science and triple in aqa and how many additional topic does triple have.
Reply 1
Original post by A level help
Hi

Hope everyone is well. Can anyone tell me the difference between combined science and triple in aqa and how many additional topic does triple have.

Hi. I'm not sure about AQA but I did Edexcel and it should be the same. Triple just means that the sciences are broken up into Physics, Bio and Chem and you will get three separate grades for each as they are three different subjects (E.g. 7 for Physics, 8 for bio, 9 for chem). For each you will have to take 2 exams. For combined, you take the first paper of each physics, bio and chem. They work out the average grade across these three papers (e.g. a grade 7) and then you get two GCSE's called "combined science" and you get the average for both. In terms of content difference there's probably three or four topics for each science additional for triple, but check your spec as it is easiest to see on there. Hope this helps!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Shivi8
Hi. I'm not sure about AQA but I did Edexcel and it should be the same. Triple just means that the sciences are broken up into Physics, Bio and Chem and you will get three separate grades for each as they are three different subjects (E.g. 7 for Physics, 8 for bio, 9 for chem). For each you will have to take 2 exams. For combined, you take the first paper of each physics, bio and chem. They work out the average grade across these three papers (e.g. a grade 7) and then you get two GCSE's called "combined science" and you get the average for both. In terms of content difference there's probably three or four topics for each science additional for triple, but check your spec as it is easiest to see on there. Hope this helps!

Thanks you so much.
Reply 3
Original post by A level help
Thanks you so much.

No problem!

Quick Reply

Latest