The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Do you guys think there would be at least one somali in every top 50 university in England?
Only asking because Im thinking of applying to unis in places like coventry ( warwick uni), guildford ( uni of surrey) and loughborough. :s-smilie:

Not gonna base my decision on where the somalis at lool....jus curious to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abzey_97
Do you guys think there would be at least one somali in every top 50 university in England?
Only asking because Im thinking of applying to unis in places like coventry ( warwick uni), guildford ( uni of surrey) and loughborough. :s-smilie:

Not gonna base my decision on where the somalis at lool....jus curious to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most probably. Universities are a very international place and Somalis aren't really a scarce population in relation to other ethnic minorities in the UK.

What are you planning to study?
Original post by Secretnerd123
Whats everyones view on getting married whilst at uni?

I'd probs get engaged in my last year and marry after I graduate in'shaAllah. Allah knows

I'd get married tomorrow, if I could find someone to get married too. The guy next door in my halls is sleeing with some girl and I'm here jealous af. :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonynous
Most probably. Universities are a very international place and Somalis aren't really a scarce population in relation to other ethnic minorities in the UK.

What are you planning to study?

Why are you anonymous? lool
Planning to study civil engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you anonymous? lool
Planning to study civil engineering.

Your attention to detail needs improvement. Why Civil Engineering as oppose to the other engineering difficulties. Have you researched the market and demand for Civil engineering graduates in the UK?
Your attention to detail needs improvement. Why Civil Engineering as oppose to the other engineering difficulties. Have you researched the market and demand for Civil engineering graduates in the UK?

Go easy on him brother
Original post by Aph

I don't know, I hate him. but I make sure to keep him in line because he's afraid of me.

What happened with Eva? He's scared of you? How? :lol:

Lool. Why would you tell me to do something before asking me to do it? Im looking to get a degree and move out of the UK hopefully. And yes I have and it isn't that great compared to other professions.
I think your patience needs improvement because you're judging and jumping to inclusions too quickly, saying that my attention to detail needs improving. You might be right but you havent even made an EDUCATED guess, making a guess with very little information.
Im not trying to get any job where the demand is high or its good pay but because I see myself able to do it for my whole life as it interests me and there are always new projects.

I chose civil engineering because its more rewarding than other engineering professions. It is also a great time for civil engineers as they will be needed more to strengthen and rebuild structures due to the increase in disasters. So companies around the world will be looking for exciting, new people.

I hope to improve my spanish at uni and inshallah will learn Arabic making myself more employable.

There is a high demand for civil engineerig graduates in china and the arab countries too. Also spanish countries are trying to fix their economy through construction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lool. Why would you tell me to do something before asking me to do it? Im looking to get a degree and move out of the UK hopefully. And yes I have and it isn't that great compared to other professions.
I think your patience needs improvement because you're judging and jumping to inclusions too quickly, saying that my attention to detail needs improving. You might be right but you havent even made an EDUCATED guess, making a guess with very little information.
Im not trying to get any job where the demand is high or its good pay but because I see myself able to do it for my whole life as it interests me and there are always new projects.

I chose civil engineering because its more rewarding than other engineering professions. It is also a great time for civil engineers as they will be needed more to strengthen and rebuild structures due to the increase in disasters. So companies around the world will be looking for exciting, new people.

I hope to improve my spanish at uni and inshallah will learn Arabic making myself more employable.

There is a high demand for civil engineerig graduates in china and the arab countries too. Also spanish countries are trying to fix their economy through construction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't take offence. See it as constructive criticism. Just making sure you know what you're letting yourself in for. Everyone says they're going to move and work abroad, even myself. Reality is, we're probably not.
mass graves being uncovered in somaliland after isaaq genocide

complete towns being destroyed by siad barre

Heyy everyone :smile:
Don't take offence. See it as constructive criticism. Just making sure you know what you're letting yourself in for. Everyone says they're going to move and work abroad, even myself. Reality is, we're probably not.

Oh. Well u should have said. You should try to make it seem less offensive and use more polite words I guess. Working abroad is a dream and we all should slowly try and pick up the skills to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh. Well u should have said. You should try to make it seem less offensive and use more polite words I guess. Working abroad is a dream and we all should slowly try and pick up the skills to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

More polite words? What are we? 12?
Original post by SophiaLDN
What? I swear Bristol is jam-packed with Somalis in every corner and crevice of that city.

I've seen like one in the city center the day I moved in, but none at uni or near my accommodation.
More polite words? What are we? 12?

Im sorry but do adults in you world use harsh words to come across to ppl as 'not offensive'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I've binned 127. That's like a good 7 pages..

I dont normally come here, but there was a picture that needed approving above (The grave yard one)

If people like Jameel come back, please just report, instead of getting in to a MASSIVE argument. Makes life for us, a little easier :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Im sorry but do adults in you world use harsh words to come across to ppl as 'not offensive'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Harsh words? What is a harsh word?
Original post by Biryani007
That kid does not leave me alone...I don't even know him...where did he come from? :colonhash:

Go to my profile and seethe pic I sent missfats and Aph:tongue:.

Aph just go to my profile pic my pic is on there.:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest