The Student Room Group

Do You Like "All About That Bass"?

Scroll to see replies

I cannot stand this song. I would honestly rather listen to "Friday" by Rebecca Black.
It's pretty catchy, you have to give it to her... when you put what the lyrics portray to the side and look at it on a purely physical level lol
I don't find it offensive personally, as I don't fit into either the skinny or curvy category, but I don't think it does any good in general. For a start, it's not as black and white as skinny vs curvy - I'm not skinny, at size 10/12 and being 5'9, but I'm not curvy either...and I would imagine there's a lot of other 'in between' girls too.

And putting down someone else's body shape in a bid to big up your own is pathetic, petty, makes you look jealous...and she makes it seem like girls are just pillows for men, like we need big bums to be appealing to men or something, or like our sole purpose it to be 'held onto at night'. I think it's problematic but then again there are a lot of songs that would be problematic if you were to dissect them, this one has just caused outcry because it's a woman saying it and the feminazis have gone into overdrive..
It's a catchy tune but annoying at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
its so catchy! yes theres certain issues people have with it but meh people will scrutinise everything
Disgustingly immature and hypocritical trash that tries too hard to suck up to the target market.
I could probably do a better job with that song.
Reply 27
Original post by Iggy Azalea

**** you Brittany
Yo some hot hoe
**** you
Yo act like yo black
Well u ain't mofo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like completely changing the lyrics, the background noise, the vocal range, essentially the entire song? Great! :smile:
Original post by Cerburus
**** you Brittany
Yo some hot hoe
**** you
Yo act like yo black
Well u ain't mofo

Posted from TSR Mobile

It worked with Fancy, so why the **** not?! :biggrin:
Reply 30
Great tune tbf.
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
Like completely changing the lyrics, the background noise, the vocal range, essentially the entire song? Great! :smile:

Precisely..

I'd first start by editing the title.

"All About That bAss" by Iggy Azalea (feat. Nicki Minaj and possibly J-Lo)

:thumbsup: Sorted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJIttoqyZNI
This is the song someone should send to her
It's a **** song loved by **** people.
Reply 34
It worked with Fancy, so why the **** not?! :biggrin:

Yo **** yo
Original post by Nuclear Ghost

:rofl:
Reply 36
Done to death.
Original post by lou 22
Done to death.

all about that bass bout that bass
no treble
Reply 38
Original post by BreakingBadx
all about that bass bout that bass
no treble

So not funny would neg rep if i could!!