The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sync
Just got an offer from Capgemini, which I'm planning on accepting. Very efficient and friendly throughout.

Hi Sync,

Congratulations! Which CT are you in? I am through to the assessment day! Can you give me any tips please? How did you find the case study and business scenario? is the case study given a week beforehand?

Also, I applied for April start date, so I haven't received a date yet for my AC, as they are prioritising Jan intake. Do you know by any chance when Capgemini may start the ACs for the later intakes?

Thanks! :smile: and congrats again.
Original post by sxh287
Just got through to phone interview stage with Capgemini. Does anyone know how long it takes them to contact you to schedule a date? And do I have to expect a 60 minute interview?

they took a week to get back to me! told me that the interview could last up to an hour, but mine was only 35 mins. nine questions
Reply 362
Original post by tasmith247
Hi Sync,

Congratulations! Which CT are you in? I am through to the assessment day! Can you give me any tips please? How did you find the case study and business scenario? is the case study given a week beforehand?

Also, I applied for April start date, so I haven't received a date yet for my AC, as they are prioritising Jan intake. Do you know by any chance when Capgemini may start the ACs for the later intakes?

Thanks! :smile: and congrats again.

Cheers and congratulations to you too!

I applied for Programme and Transformation Management.

As far as tips go (without giving away specifics):

- I got my case study about 5 days beforehand. I'd recommend you spend a decent amount of time prepping the case study and writing out some summary slides/notes (they might want to look at them). I felt this section was key, and given you'll have plenty of prep time, this is a chance to demonstrate presentational, analytical and interpersonal skills.

- Don't bother trying to memorise a 'script' that lasts exactly 20 minutes - the whole case study turns into a two-way conversation where the interviewer will challenge various ideas and ask their own questions. It's quite fun and there's no need to panic - you'll be able to relax if you've really got-to-grips with the problem/data beforehand.

- Interview (which you'll have with the same person that you did the case study with) is much more of a two-way conversation than the telephone interview. It's pretty much about getting to know your motivation and approach to business/teams/life. It's one of those interviews you can't really prep for (as they'll see right through it) so just chill and be honest.

- On-the-spot case studies. Couple of these - not a lot you can do to prep. Each one takes around 7 minutes all in. Wouldn't let it stress you as I think you'll be fine.

- Group Exercise. Nothing you can do to prep, more enjoyable and less stressful than you'd imagine. As a group, watch your timings and if you get a motormouth (luckily our group didn't) you'll need to diplomatically (but firmly) reign them in otherwise you'll run out of time.

- Verbal Reasoning. Same as the online one you've already sat (but a little more time pressured).

Oh, and as always, keep up-to-date with what's going on in the business world. I've had an FT Online subscription for ages and it is well worth the cash.

No idea as to when the April intake A/C's will be I'm afraid.

Oh, and take a digital watch with stopclock functionality - I took an analogue and it was a right hassle keeping track of time in the Group Exercise and Verbal Reasoning.

Good Luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Michael XYZ
Well SHL/Kenexa numerical are quite easy. Just ratios, basic maths, etc.

These included a fair few probability questions, some questions about angles, and just generally more difficult really. The numerical really threw me off as I didn't expect it to be like that.

Critical reasoning wasn't too bad though. Still, it's just different. SHL/Kenexa aren't easy initially but with so many companies doing them you get used to them and get comfortable with the style of questions. Gets hard again when you're thrown some different types of questions.

I took the Oliver Wyman test not so long ago. Passed it too. Practiced with the jobtestprep Oliver Wyman pack, found it really useful, and really calmed me down.
Reply 364
Bain sending out test invitations, if anyone is interested in MBB firms :smile:
Original post by Luccy.

Yeah I got an invite. Are cubiks significantly different to SHL or Kenexa?
Reply 366
Original post by Tangente

Personally, I find them a lot easier, but as always the stuff they give you on their site is also a lot easier than when you get in a test. If you're passing SHL and Kenexa i'd say we're ok for this!
Original post by Luccy.
Personally, I find them a lot easier, but as always the stuff they give you on their site is also a lot easier than when you get in a test. If you're passing SHL and Kenexa i'd say we're ok for this!

Awesome, thanks for the insight. Yeah I asked because the practises were comically easy. Never found SHL difficult so should be alright.
Original post by Luccy.

Ditto, I know a few friends who've received them too. Is it pretty routine to receive them or are they selective?
Original post by wisepirate
Ditto, I know a few friends who've received them too. Is it pretty routine to receive them or are they selective?

The email said preliminary CV review, perhaps they're quite charitable at this stage.
Hmm, any sites that you can prepare for these Bain tests? After Oliver Wyman, really don't wanna be shocked when starting the test.
Reply 371
Hmm, any sites that you can prepare for these Bain tests? After Oliver Wyman, really don't wanna be shocked when starting the test.

go onto Cubiks for starters and then google tests after that. The best way is doing them for real, but you obviously have to apply to places for this haha.
Anyone had the video interview with Alpha FMC yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did the Bain tests, actually found them quite difficult, probably because I'm so used to SHL.
Original post by Ksimmonds
Anyone got any tips for deloitte first round interview? Got mine on tuesday

Good luck! I have mine on Friday (the 14th). Could you please share your experience after Tuesday about what the interview, group exercise involved? I would really appreciate it :smile:
Just did the Bain tests, actually found them quite difficult, probably because I'm so used to SHL.

Just about to do them, any tips?
Original post by Throwaway2521
Good luck! I have mine on Friday (the 14th). Could you please share your experience after Tuesday about what the interview, group exercise involved? I would really appreciate it :smile:

Hi good luck for your interview! Just wondering, when did you first get the confirmation that you would be invited to first interview? I've been waiting nearly two months now! Did Deloitte email or phone you to arrange a time/date?
Original post by tasmith247
Hi good luck for your interview! Just wondering, when did you first get the confirmation that you would be invited to first interview? I've been waiting nearly two months now! Did Deloitte email or phone you to arrange a time/date?

Hey, I was told I had been invited to the first interview on the 17th September and I received a call yesterday in which I booked a time. So it has been a while for me as well!
Just about to do them, any tips?

Work quickly. I didn't find any decent ways to prepare. Probably best to leave questions and come back to them if you have time.
Original post by Throwaway2521
Hey, I was told I had been invited to the first interview on the 17th September and I received a call yesterday in which I booked a time. So it has been a while for me as well!

ah crap. I have two missed calls from a private number yesterday afternoon, and I suspect they were from Deloitte, esp since I had been invited for first interview on 15th Sep! Ah damn. Do you know the fastest way I could contact them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending