The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I'm applying for Psychology and the A-level entry requirements are ABB. My predicted grades are AAC and my other choices are Bangor, Kent, Southampton and Essex :biggrin:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 161
Just got an offer for actuarial mathematics asking for AAB literally 10 minutes ago :smile:
Reply 162
I achieved BCC for my AS last year, but my predicted grades are ABB - as expected for the liverpool Business management course which requires ABB. Do you think liverpool will still consider me despite my lower AS grades? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Original post by mattjc
I achieved BCC for my AS last year, but my predicted grades are ABB - as expected for the liverpool Business management course which requires ABB. Do you think liverpool will still consider me despite my lower AS grades? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:

I got BBCD last year and my predicted grades for this year are ABB and I have an offer :smile:
I got BBD in my AS and still got an offer, the offer is usually based on your predicted grades not your AS grades so as long as you have the right predicted grades you'll be fine! Some schools (mine included) don't actually send off what you got in your AS levels!
Reply 165
That's great! thank you :smile:
If someone already holds their grades from last year, will they make a decision about this applicant sooner than the others or will they wait til all of their applicants' results come out? :smile: I'm not from the UK,that's why i'm asking.
Original post by mattjc

I got BBC last year for AS and have an offer for Business Management from Liverpool, so yes, defo apply!
If you have your results they will give you an unconditional offer after you apply not a conditional one ( because you already have the required grades! ) they give out unconditional offers at the same time as all of the others :smile:
Original post by SophieLisa96
If you have your results they will give you an unconditional offer after you apply not a conditional one ( because you already have the required grades! ) they give out unconditional offers at the same time as all of the others :smile:

Thank you so much for your help!:smile:
My application was sent off today. Life sciences, ABB requirements.

Predicted AAB, BBBCC in AS (I'm retaking a couple of modules). I hope they don't dismiss me because of my AS results, we all make mistakes (further maths was a terrible idea). Anyway, has anybody else had offers when their AS results were a little lower than their predicted grades?

I really want to come to Liverpool, the super flexible course seems amazing, as someone who thinks they like microbiology, it's hard to commit to doing something you barely study on syllabus, and the actual campus/accommodation etc looks great too!
Reply 171
Original post by Kingmaryy
I got an offer within 24hrs of applying fir intl business with year abroad ABB
i got AS grades ABDE predicted AAC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that a year in industry course? I didn't think Liverpool did a year abroad on international business??
Reply 172
Course: Biological Sciences MBiolSci
AS grades: AACC and A in a2 maths,as I took it early
Entry Requirements: ABB
Predictions: AAAB
Other choices: Nottingham, Birmingham,Exeter,brunel
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by chijh
Is that a year in industry course? I didn't think Liverpool did a year abroad on international business??

yess on the website it states you can go abroad with international business :smile:
they have select places like hong kong etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got my first offer about half an hour ago!!! For psychology at ABB :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: German & Business
Entry Requirements: ABB
ASs: AAAA + EPQ (predicted A, has been submitted)
Predicted grades: A*AA
Other choices: Warwick, Durham, Newcastle.

I've not heard back from any yet (other than acknowledgements). So nervous! :frown:
Hey guys, could you please help me a bit? :smile:
I want to apply for a BA in English(75% Major) with Spanish(25% Minor). I contacted the university and they told me that i have to apply for the English degree programme and and then register for my minor when i arrive at university. But if i do that won't i be applying for a BA in English(Single honours)?
Original post by anastas
Hey guys, could you please help me a bit? :smile:
I want to apply for a BA in English(75% Major) with Spanish(25% Minor). I contacted the university and they told me that i have to apply for the English degree programme and and then register for my minor when i arrive at university. But if i do that won't i be applying for a BA in English(Single honours)?

You'll need to look at the 75:25 combination link and see what is the code. It can be found on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if the Applicant Discovery Day is compulsory?
Mine last year wasn't compulsory!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending