The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyvet
Mine is on the 11th too! Very excited :biggrin:

Same, maybe see you there! :biggrin:
Original post by EllyAylwen
I have an interview at RVC on 11th December! Don't panic if you don't have one because I think they might have given them out over a few days last year! For reference, I got 6.5, 4.4, 4A on my BMAT, have AAA at A2 and the following work experience; 4 weeks at 2 vet practices, 4 weeks at a rescue centre, 1 week at a city farm, 1 week at a wildlife rescue centre and an odd couple days at stables/fox conservation. That's way less than some people so don't think that you don't stand a chance because you don't have 30+ weeks or something!

Sounds similar to me! I just have no patience sadly :frown:
Original post by Alex15
Sounds similar to me! I just have no patience sadly :frown:

Me neither, I thought I was doomed when someone had theirs already and my email hadn't come through!
Hi guys, I've just got an RVC interview offer for the 10th of December but this clashes with my Bristol vet interview, i've emailed back saying I would be unavailable that day but now im worried, how likely is it they'll reschedule my date?
I'm so shocked though i thought i'd messed up the RVC application weeks ago by missing the work exp log deadline by 2 days and i only got 4.6 4.6 3A on the BMAT
Reply 3884
Wooo well done RVC peeps :biggrin:
Original post by Charlesh
Hi guys, I've just got an RVC interview offer for the 10th of December but this clashes with my Bristol vet interview, i've emailed back saying I would be unavailable that day but now im worried, how likely is it they'll reschedule my date?
I'm so shocked though i thought i'd messed up the RVC application weeks ago by missing the work exp log deadline by 2 days and i only got 4.6 4.6 3A on the BMAT

That sounds pretty reasonable to me seeing as it's completely unavoidable, they probably have to deal with the same thing every year so I'm guessing it will be fine :smile: I guess they just try and filter out the people that have excuses that they think imply they're not dedicated!
Original post by EllyAylwen
That sounds pretty reasonable to me seeing as it's completely unavoidable, they probably have to deal with the same thing every year so I'm guessing it will be fine :smile: I guess they just try and filter out the people that have excuses that they think imply they're not dedicated!

PHEW thanks that makes sense, best of luck with your interview:smile:
PHEW thanks that makes sense, best of luck with your interview:smile:

Thank you - you too! :smile:
Original post by Sennokazeni
Hi ~ I've just got an email from the RVC saying I've got an interview with them on the 11th of December!
I was a bit surprised at the short notice, and I was really hoping for a bit of a later date, as I've now got three vet interviews in that week!

I just thought I'd say my BMAT results and work experience
BMAT was 5.1, 5.4 and 4.5A

Work experience - I'd actually just scraped the minimum number of vet days within the timescale given (I'd done more before that cutoff date)
-2 weeks at the a mixed vet practice
-2weeks of Lambing
-2weeks of dairy
-a hella lot (around 40ish) of weeks at a riding stables (I was a bit annoyed about the whole cutoff date thing, so added up all the days that I'd helped out at my local riding stables within that time scale) I'm not entirely sure if it counted though?
Reply 3889
Anyone with an interview on 10th at 1330 at RVC ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had the same problem with my surrey interview and they rescheduled no problem
Original post by jackyotto
International student here, just got the fourth interviews from RVC😆

Also Glasgow Edinburgh and Bristol.

Anyone from Hong Kong here?

Congrats!
Do you mind me asking how the Glasgow interview is arranged? It is Skype or do you have to be there at the Uni or what?
Original post by 0802
Anyone with an interview on 10th at 1330 at RVC ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meeeeee yay so happy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
INTERVIEW FOR RVC ON THE 18th! Hell yes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i just got an interview offer from rvc too :smile: does anyone know how many they call for interview most years? well done to everyone!
Original post by mollyvet
Mine is on the 11th too! Very excited :biggrin:

Well done!! My interview is on the 15th!!
I have an interview at RVC on the 15th at 9.15!! Anyone else at this time? :biggrin:
Reply 3897
Original post by KateLivesey
Meeeeee yay so happy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!!!! It's quite soon isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
SAME!! What date? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

10th!! When's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3899