The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by victorialouise-
Hi,
I've got an interview at Surrey on Wednesday!!!! I'm really nervous! Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi! I had my interview on Wednesday too! Not sure whether you're the Victoria I was talking to there (Victoria King....? I think :tongue:). Anyway! I hope you're interview went well regardless!!!!
I got an offer from Surrey yesterday!!!!! :biggrin: :nuts::shy2: Did anyone else get one after Wednesday's interviews?
Original post by riverfirebolt
I had my interview at Surrey on Wednesday and got an unconditional offer the day after! (I am on a gap year). Those of you with Surrey interviews, don't worry- everyone is super friendly and the atmosphere was so relaxed. Good luck guys!

That's amazing well done!!!!! I got an offer for AAA yesteray (I'm still doing A Levels) after my interview on Wednesday. I am so so so happy!! Well done again!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: x
Probably a stupid question but what should you wear to an interview? I have an 'interview dress' that I bought for job interviews and small heels but I don't know if it should be more casual than this?
Original post by emma.perry4
Probably a stupid question but what should you wear to an interview? I have an 'interview dress' that I bought for job interviews and small heels but I don't know if it should be more casual than this?

I thought "practical" was the best way to go. I went for chinos, shirt, flat shoes and a gilet. I didn't got for a dress because I just thought that we're applying for a practical course so something practical would be best. This is just my opinion, but I hope this has helped :smile: x
Did no one get any post from Nottingham then?
Original post by milliehp
Did no one get any post from Nottingham then?

My post hasn't come yet so I'm still hoping for a letter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tory_lee_x
That's amazing well done!!!!! I got an offer for AAA yesteray (I'm still doing A Levels) after my interview on Wednesday. I am so so so happy!! Well done again!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: x

Well done guys! Thats amazing! Hopefully will see you there next year!

I'm wearing a black skirt and blazer with a cream blouse and flats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tory_lee_x

Well done guys! Thats amazing! Hopefully will see you there next year!

When I was at Surrey, even though it could've been practical, there were a lot of people in dresses and skirts:smile: There was also quite a lot in trousers but either way I think everyone in dresses looked fine, but we didn't end up havingto do anything practical anyway! I wore jeans but I was literally the only one!
Reply 4391
Original post by moo2424

I would say 100% it is not about how many 'weeks' you have. you will definitely need to meet their minimum as so many people will exceed their minimum, but i think the most important thing is variety. When i applied i had well in excess of the work experience required but i think it was the variety that made the difference. i think as long as you do have general small animal husbandry, have done some sort of farm work (lambing/dairy/pigs) and some equine you are in a good position. having the extras like labs, abattoir and zoos are great as an extra rather than an 'instead of' i would say from my experience :smile:

But to answer your question, the minimum has been enough to get people on the course when there experience has been varied :smile:

I'm going to slightly disagree. 16.2 weeks at 13 places with all the bases covered was not enough last year. It simply isn't possible to have more variety than that and they didnt like it
Its too late now but I advise people applying not to apply to Liverpool unless they significantly exceed those numbers. To be excluded on that criterion alone is frustrating and a waste of a choice. Fortunately RVC and Bristol have a much more multicomponent assessment of suitability (including WE but not only WE)
Just got all my interview invites!:biggrin:
Original post by regsyl
Just got all my interview invites!:biggrin:

Have you got one for nottingham? If you have are you a UK applicant? Congrats though! Very jealous as I've only got one so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a Liverpool interview :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KateLivesey

Posted from TSR Mobile

CONGRATS:smile: out of interest are you a graduate or international student?
Original post by Charlesh
CONGRATS:smile: out of interest are you a graduate or international student?

Neither I'm a gap year student :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4397

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!! When is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Me too!! When is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay so happy for you!! 14th January at 11am when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4399
Yay so happy for you!! 14th January at 11am when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending