The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firenze26
I'm still not sure but most likely, I might just stay in my school's sixth form. Cause the only reason why I chose one of my choices forces me to take all BTECs and my other choice is a bit too far.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely leaving my school for sixth form rubbish teachers not wasting 2 years there

Is woodhouse and st doms good?
Original post by UltimateLad1
Hi guys

who's staying at their schools sixth form? Who's moving to college next year?

Thanks

I'm going to apply to both my school's and another college, but I'm going to decide later.
Original post by Martie08
I'm going to apply to both my school's and another college, but I'm going to decide later.

Oh cool anyone else?
Definitely leaving my school for sixth form rubbish teachers not wasting 2 years there

Is woodhouse and st doms good?

I'm not sure but Woodhouse did seem good from the results I could see in the prospectus and they have a vending machine. :smile:. They also offer a wide variety of subject, more than what mine offers.

Although, I heard some say that the people there weren't good but they could be exaggerating, I dunno.

St. Dominics..... I heard good things about it and some of my classmates are transferring there but I don't have enough info to form a good opinion. The only thing I could say for sure though is that the headteacher was my school's former deputy/assistant headteacher.

What subjects are you thinking of studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YounesB
Advertising your blog is not allowed?

I never knew this - so for example I'm not allowed to link to a post in my blog to start a thread just like some put in links to news articles?

Correct. I never said it was a good rule... :rolleyes:
Hi guys

who's staying at their schools sixth form? Who's moving to college next year?

Thanks

I'm staying at my school's sixth form as I like it and it offers the A Level subjects I want to do :smile: I applied to a college as a backup but I didn't get a place. They get so many applicants that they randomly choose their pupils with a ballot system so it's not based on grades at all :s-smilie:
I'm not sure but Woodhouse did seem good from the results I could see in the prospectus and they have a vending machine. :smile:. They also offer a wide variety of subject, more than what mine offers.

Although, I heard some say that the people there weren't good but they could be exaggerating, I dunno.

St. Dominics..... I heard good things about it and some of my classmates are transferring there but I don't have enough info to form a good opinion. The only thing I could say for sure though is that the headteacher was my school's former deputy/assistant headteacher.

What subjects are you thinking of studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying!

Really hard to get a place at both of them though. Do you know what their predicted grades were really would like to get in to at least 1 of the 2

Andrew Parkin is the Headmaster at St doms right? Really nice man

For AS I would like to study
Maths
Physics
Economics
English Literature

Both very oversubscribed!
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm staying at my school's sixth form as I like it and it offers the A Level subjects I want to do :smile: I applied to a college as a backup but I didn't get a place. They get so many applicants that they randomly choose their pupils with a ballot system so it's not based on grades at all :s-smilie:

Sorry to hear that...

randomly! Wow I didn't know that
Were the colleges st doms or woodhouse?
Original post by Arithmeticae
Hey guys, I'm a year 11 (or is it 12 now :tongue:) and I like stalking other people's threads (:colone:) so feel free to ask if you want any help with anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you do Further Additional Science GCSE AQA ??
Sorry to hear that...

randomly! Wow I didn't know that
Were the colleges st doms or woodhouse?

Yeah, personally I found it a weird way of accepting/declining students! No, it wasn't either of those colleges.
Im applying to doms!
Original post by YounesB
Im applying to doms!

Niceeeeeeee. Have sent off your religious reference form?
Original post by YounesB
Advertising your blog is not allowed?

I never knew this - so for example I'm not allowed to link to a post in my blog to start a thread just like some put in links to news articles?

You can advertise them in your sig though :yy:
Thanks for replying!

Really hard to get a place at both of them though. Do you know what their predicted grades were really would like to get in to at least 1 of the 2

Andrew Parkin is the Headmaster at St doms right? Really nice man

For AS I would like to study
Maths
Physics
Economics
English Literature

Both very oversubscribed!

Wow, that's a lot of maths.... Banking or engineering?

Anyway, from what I've heard, the basic requirements is a B average for Woodhouse but I'm not sure about the subject specific requirements, if you need a minimum of A or B in the subject to get into the subject

Clueless about St. Dominic's though, sorry.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Niceeeeeeee. Have sent off your religious reference form?

I've sent both my religious and academic reference (: you?
Wow, that's a lot of maths.... Banking or engineering?

Anyway, from what I've heard, the basic requirements is a B average for Woodhouse but I'm not sure about the subject specific requirements, if you need a minimum of A or B in the subject to get into the subject

Clueless about St. Dominic's though, sorry.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

thanks lol

Yessss love maths hopefully do an economics degree at uni
Original post by YounesB
I've sent both my religious and academic reference (: you?

Same

What were your predicted grades and what subjects would you like to study next year?

thanks
Original post by Jitesh
How much work experience have you done so far?

This summer I really need to arrange more - my dentist said I could come in on Tuesdays (later finishes) so hopefully I'll give him an email/phone call and see what happens - they're all really nice so hopefully it'll be fine if I could do it for awhile :smile:

I guess medicine could be a bit harder to arrange work experience? Not too sure with GPs etc

Well I have not done much so far. I did a months work experience at this place in Brazil working with disabled children (feeding, administering medicines, etc), and I have volunteered at a charity shop for a year but that's about it.

I have emailed a local care home about volunteering there and they replied saying they need to check their age restrictions but it should be fine, so I should be starting there soon. I also emailed my local hospice and have not heard back yet. I also wanna volunteer for the red cross.

Clinically, my hospital runs work experience so I am in the process of applying to that (they have a form where you have to write 1000 words etc), and I am going to ask my GP IF I can shadow him :smile: what about you?
Original post by Nirgilis
Just as an FYI, blog advertising is against TSR rules :fyi:

I'm sorry! I didn't know! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same

What were your predicted grades and what subjects would you like to study next year?

thanks

Can we speak on DM?

Latest