The Student Room Group

How would I go about this physics ISA?

So it's a P3 AQA ISA, and it's on centripetal force. Basically our teacher told us that it's about how the force affects the velocity of a moving object, but it's really confusing me in the way that we have to change something (in this case mass) to therefore change the force to affect the velocity so we need to actually work out the force and I don't understand how I would do that.... This sounds really mixed up but I don't really get the ISA at all. Could anyone clear things up a bit? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Izzyyyyy
So it's a P3 AQA ISA, and it's on centripetal force. Basically our teacher told us that it's about how the force affects the velocity of a moving object, but it's really confusing me in the way that we have to change something (in this case mass) to therefore change the force to affect the velocity so we need to actually work out the force and I don't understand how I would do that.... This sounds really mixed up but I don't really get the ISA at all. Could anyone clear things up a bit? Thanks :smile:

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by zak7399
I dont know much about it as I haven't done it yet but founds some methods which may help you:smile:
http://www.gcsesciencemethods.co.uk/2014/05/centripetal-force-vs-speed-of-rotation.html
http://www.gcsesciencemethods.co.uk/2014/05/factors-affecting-circular-motion.html
I am sure you will understand it and do amazingly well because your so clever good luck:wink:

Ha I honestly doubt that, but thanks a lot for the links :smile:
Reply 3
(edited 6 years ago)
Can I remind posters that it is not permitted to discuss the details of ISAs on this forum.
Original post by Izzyyyyy

Centripetal Force = (mass x velocity^2)/ radius

Look at OCR A-level physics, Unit 4
Centripetal stuff is covered there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by I_Love_Tea
Centripetal Force = (mass x velocity^2)/ radius

Look at OCR A-level physics, Unit 4
Centripetal stuff is covered there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright thanks; )
When have you got it?