The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5020
Original post by Ieda
I just received a letter in the post regarding Nottingham saying they will consider my application for other degrees such as biochemistry, natural sciences etc. At the moment I have 3 rejections - veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing.

I'm really happy about this however I still wish to continue with veterinary medicine, but I will at least give it a go.

Is anyone else in this position, can you give any advice on what degree to choose?

I got this letter today too - for me I'm just taking a gap year if I'm unsuccessful so I'm not going to go for it. However I'm pretty sure that any of these courses lead to graduate entry on to vet med so just whichever you personally find most interesting!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5021
Original post by Sax123
I got this letter today too - for me I'm just taking a gap year if I'm unsuccessful so I'm not going to go for it. However I'm pretty sure that any of these courses lead to graduate entry on to vet med so just whichever you personally find most interesting!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I will do the same. I think 8 years in university is too much for me and it is very expensive. I will still apply though, just incase I suddenly change my mind. Thats what I used veterinary nursing for but I didn't get in for some reason...
Original post by cocroberta
Anyone got an interview at Surrey on 18th Feb?

Me :smile:
Anyone else got an interview at Liverpool on 21st Jan?
Original post by Ieda
I just received a letter in the post regarding Nottingham saying they will consider my application for other degrees such as biochemistry, natural sciences etc. At the moment I have 3 rejections - veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing.

I'm really happy about this however I still wish to continue with veterinary medicine, but I will at least give it a go.

Is anyone else in this position, can you give any advice on what degree to choose?

That's great news have you only applied for 4 choices so do you still have a spare 5th choice? What degrees have they offered you?
Reply 5025
Original post by chelsea2105
That's great news have you only applied for 4 choices so do you still have a spare 5th choice? What degrees have they offered you?

Thanks, I applied for 4 veterinary medicine and one veterinary nursing (as back up).

Im waiting on Bristol and Surrey.

They offer a wide range but the 4 overall topics are school of biosciences, school of chemistry, school of life sciences, natural sciences.
Reply 5026
Original post by Georgina7

I do :smile: what time are you at?

I do! Getting worried/excited now, I didn't go on an open day so I can't wait to see the uni. Are you feeling prepared?
Original post by 96s
I do :smile: what time are you at?

I'm at 4, wish it was earlier, I'm going to spend the whole day worrying! How about you?
Original post by 2344277
I do! Getting worried/excited now, I didn't go on an open day so I can't wait to see the uni. Are you feeling prepared?

Me too! Oh I loved the uni when I went to the open day! I don't feel prepared at all - I've read some news stuff and done some practice ones but I still feel like I'm going in blind! Have you done anything to prepare??
Anyone heard from glasgow yet, as I've just got a conditional offer for vet biosciences at glasgow and I'm worried that means I'm been discounted from vet med?

Thanks 😃

P.s I've already had an interview
Original post by Islasummer2
Anyone heard from glasgow yet, as I've just got a conditional offer for vet biosciences at glasgow and I'm worried that means I'm been discounted from vet med?

Thanks 😃

Congrats!! I applied for biosciences too and I've heard nothing about it :P I had my interview last Wednesday and they told me then that we will hear around the end of February/start of March regarding the outcome of it! I'm sure it's decided by different admissions officers and even just because you got an offer for biosciences does not mean at all that you are not getting one for veterinary medicine! Congrats again :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks 😃

Just reloaded my emails and I got an offer as well! Haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know any buses that run from Edinburgh city centre to Easter Bush campus? I've got an interview there on 4th March and trying to plan the whole thing affordably :/
Congratulations to you too!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, just thought the two admissions people might discuss applicants as I would imagine alot who applied to vet would have applied to biosciences. I had also been told that Glasgow make their decisions quite quickly so thought they were just letting me down gently! 😜

Thanks again

Good luck with your applications 😃
Me too! Oh I loved the uni when I went to the open day! I don't feel prepared at all - I've read some news stuff and done some practice ones but I still feel like I'm going in blind! Have you done anything to prepare??

It looks lovely! Well this is my 2nd MMI (I had RVC in December) so I think I'll be okay in the sense that I quite like this interview style, but by the sounds of it some of the stations are a bit different and I'm really struggling to find any scientific research that's relevant! Other than that I've revised a couple of case studies from work exp and some vaccs and drugs, and prepared answers for questions that are likely to be asked. It's so difficult with the vague info we've been given to know what to prepare for, but we're all in the same boat so I wouldn't stress too much.
Reply 5036
I'm at 4, wish it was earlier, I'm going to spend the whole day worrying! How about you?

Mines at 12, which is ok but i'll still spend all morning crazy with nerves! I keep going over disease stuff/cases but don't know what to expect so not really sure what to prepare for!! Wish I knew more detail about the MMI as they don't really put much in the email.. Good luck with yours :smile:
Original post by Percival Weasley
Does anyone know any buses that run from Edinburgh city centre to Easter Bush campus? I've got an interview there on 4th March and trying to plan the whole thing affordably :/

http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/transport/travelling-here/easter-bush/by-bus
(edited 9 years ago)
anyone else got an interview at surrey, on the 28th of Jan? cheers guys
Congratulations to you too!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, just thought the two admissions people might discuss applicants as I would imagine alot who applied to vet would have applied to biosciences. I had also been told that Glasgow make their decisions quite quickly so thought they were just letting me down gently! 😜

Thanks again

Good luck with your applications 😃

Thank you!! 😁

I had originally thought that too but the processes take place at different times so it wouldn't make much sense and people have got offers for both before! They are interviewing in America into next month so they've still got a lot of people to review yet! Hopefully we will hear some good news at some point 😊

No problem! Best of luck with yours too 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending