The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Offer received for Computer Science (MSci)!

Grade B - Philosophy

(I already have AA in Maths and FM)

A little bit concerned about the offer, though. The requirements are ABB, and they've just asked me for AAB. In UCAS points, ABB = AAC, so I don't really know why the offer is above standard.

EDIT: Got my offer changed to AAC! That's practically an unconditional as far as I'm concerned!
(edited 9 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Amy_B2014
I literally live 5 minutes away so I will be living at home :smile: although I'm a little nervous about the whole university thing as I'm a mature student, that makes me sound ancient! I'm 27 and, apart from the access course I'm doing now, have been out of education for 10 years! Scary! But soo excited!! I just hope I'm not the oldest one on my course haha! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, I'm sure you won't be the oldest and even if you are, probably not by much! Loads of people go back, especially for things like psychology :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I have an unconditional offer to do my MSci in computer science & artificial intelligence
Hi Emily,
Even though I've had my offer, I had an email from some one at RHUL to confirm my conditional offer, it's still not showing on my UCAS track. Just a little worried as I want it to be officially confirmed and I'd like to accept my firm and insurance offers.

Have emailed admissions but haven't had a reply yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there Amy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can certainly look into this for you - please can you private message me your email address and Royal Holloway Student ID? I can take a look at your application status and investigate this further for you.

I apologise if you have not yet had a response from our Admissions Office. It is an incredibly busy time of the year for us, but they will get back to you as soon as they can!

For now though, I am happy to take a look myself.

Best wishes,

Emily
Original post by VannR
Offer received for Computer Science (MSci)!

Grade B - Philosophy

(I already have AA in Maths and FM)

A little bit concerned about the offer, though. The requirements are ABB, and they've just asked me for AAB. In UCAS points, ABB = AAC, so I don't really know why the offer is above standard.

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer!

Can you please private message me your Royal Holloway Student ID? I can look into this further for you and double-check why your offer is AAB rather than AAC.

Many thanks,

Emily
Original post by scaphrax
OH CONGRATS! So are u hoping to come to rhul!?

I think it'll be my insurance as other offers are ABB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I literally live 5 minutes away so I will be living at home :smile: although I'm a little nervous about the whole university thing as I'm a mature student, that makes me sound ancient! I'm 27 and, apart from the access course I'm doing now, have been out of education for 10 years! Scary! But soo excited!! I just hope I'm not the oldest one on my course haha! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! I'm a mature student, gonna enter when Im 20 years old :P. I studied pharmacy for a year, hated it, dropped out and taking a gap year now, dying to go back to uni -_-, right now struggling to find a flippin part time job.
hi, has anyone got an interview for Film, TV and Digital Production! I'm so nervous, RHUL will be (if I get an offer) my firm, how are any of you preparing? Also what day are you going on? I'd love to see you there!
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi there Amy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can certainly look into this for you - please can you private message me your email address and Royal Holloway Student ID? I can take a look at your application status and investigate this further for you.

I apologise if you have not yet had a response from our Admissions Office. It is an incredibly busy time of the year for us, but they will get back to you as soon as they can!

For now though, I am happy to take a look myself.

Best wishes,

Emily

Hi Emily,
Thanks for the info. My offer is now showing on UCAS track but I still haven't received my applicant day email.

If I send you my student number and email address is there any chance you could re-send it as still no answer from admissions yet.

Thanks
Amy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, I'm a third year Psychology student and vlogger at Royal Holloway and I made a video about the pros and cons of the uni, as I thought it might help prospective students. Check it out and feel free to ask me any questions!
Hi Emily,
Thanks for the info. My offer is now showing on UCAS track but I still haven't received my applicant day email.

If I send you my student number and email address is there any chance you could re-send it as still no answer from admissions yet.

Thanks
Amy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

Yes I can certainly re-send you the email with your student ID or email address. Please feel free to private message them to me (for security!)

Have you checked your junk folder for the Applicant Visit Day invitation? I can check to see if you have been sent it yet (or are due to be sent it).

Best,

Emily
Hi there,

Yes I can certainly re-send you the email with your student ID or email address. Please feel free to private message them to me (for security!)

Have you checked your junk folder for the Applicant Visit Day invitation? I can check to see if you have been sent it yet (or are due to be sent it).

Best,

Emily

Thanks, Emily. I will private message you now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

Best,

Emily

Hi Emily,
I have an offer from RHUL and have been going to a few open days to all of the universities I have applied to. Some of them offer schemes like free language classes etc and I was just wondering whether Royal Holloway offer anything similar?
Thanks
Amy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
jut got my offer for psychology :smile:
Original post by Kezkel
jut got my offer for psychology :smile:

Congrats! I'll be studying psychology too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Congrats! I'll be studying psychology too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats great i just hope i meet my offer i havent heard from my other uni's yet have u
Hi Emily,
I have an offer from RHUL and have been going to a few open days to all of the universities I have applied to. Some of them offer schemes like free language classes etc and I was just wondering whether Royal Holloway offer anything similar?
Thanks
Amy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there Amy,

Our Students' Union has many language and culture societies which offer language lessons.

Royal Holloway also offers a programme of language courses called Languages for All which is run by the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures. They offer a range of optional (extracurricular) courses in Modern Foreign Languages, and are paid-for courses.

Best,

Emily
Hi there Amy,

Our Students' Union has many language and culture societies which offer language lessons.

Royal Holloway also offers a programme of language courses called Languages for All which is run by the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures. They offer a range of optional (extracurricular) courses in Modern Foreign Languages, and are paid-for courses.

Best,

Emily

That's great thanks so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kezkel
thats great i just hope i meet my offer i havent heard from my other uni's yet have u

Me too, I am retaking my GCSE maths because they require a B grade. So fingers crossed :smile: I have offers from all of my choices but RH is definitely going to be my firm. Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Me too, I am retaking my GCSE maths because they require a B grade. So fingers crossed :smile: I have offers from all of my choices but RH is definitely going to be my firm. Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to kent, surrey and Kingston

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending