The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vethopeful1996
I have an interview at Edinburgh and I resat one AS module - I'm not saying they won't reject me after interview but if they didn't want resits and we're going to reject me for it then it would have made sense to reject me before and not waste their time interviewing me. So I think it's just A2 or whole year resits that Edinburgh don't like :smile:

Hmm yeah that's true. Maybe it's because you're only resitting one module. I know when I explained my situation to them they said they wouldn't take me with my module resits. That's why I think it's probably best to ring and explain your personal situation, because they probably treat everyone differently depending on their circumstances. I'm just going off my personal experience and what I was told. Good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5381
Original post by regsyl
Any international students interviewed in Singapore gotten offers yet?

I interviewed in Singapore but haven't heard. I assumed they were going in order of interview dates but apparently not. Maybe they send out domestic and EU offers first?
Unconditional offer from RVC (I'm a re-ap)!!! I'm so excited!! If anyone's interested, I interviewed on the 15th Dec :smile: well done to everyone else who've received offers and good luck to everyone who hasn't heard - keep your chin up! :biggrin:
Original post by eleanor032696
Unconditional offer from RVC (I'm a re-ap)!!! I'm so excited!! If anyone's interested, I interviewed on the 15th Dec :smile: well done to everyone else who've received offers and good luck to everyone who hasn't heard - keep your chin up! :biggrin:

Congratulations!!! Just out of interest, what time was the email sent to you? :smile:
Original post by Georgie14
Hey hope all's going well with everyone. I also got an offer from RVC yesterday which I am so insanely happy and grateful for. I think however that the order of interview date being reflected in the date of offer theory can't be quite correct, as my interview was the day before my offer (4th Feb) so I think the order must be pretty random, so if you haven't heard I think it really is a case of no news is good news. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from anywhere or with interviews still to go!

Congrats!
Is this for the five or four year course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations!!! Just out of interest, what time was the email sent to you? :smile:

12.34 PM today... so 2 hours ago! :smile: And thank you :smile:
RVC offer!! I interviewed on the 11th of December and got the update from the RVC at 12.35 and on track at 1!!!! YAY
Original post by mollyvet
RVC offer!! I interviewed on the 11th of December and got the update from the RVC at 12.35 and on track at 1!!!! YAY

Congratulations!!!
Original post by EllyAylwen
Congratulations!!!

Thank you!! I'm literally shaking so hard right now, can't believe it!!
Reply 5389
Conditional offer for RVC accelerated!!! BEYOND happy!
Just got an RVC offer for the accelerated course! :biggrin:
Reply 5391
I just had an accelerated course RVC offer too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyvet

Exactly the same as you! I'm so happy! (I'm actually an incoherent mess, but that's basically the same thing)
(edited 9 years ago)
Bye bye Bristol! Just been rejected before interview, think it must have been my personal statement as my academic record is pretty good :frown: haven't heard from RVC or notts after interview yet and nothing from liverpool after the work experience form! Bit of a blow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had a rejection from RVC so they are giving out rejections as well as offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5395
Original post by KateLivesey
Just had a rejection from RVC so they are giving out rejections as well as offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that i have still heard nothing...
Original post by Alex15
Bye bye Bristol! Just been rejected before interview, think it must have been my personal statement as my academic record is pretty good :frown: haven't heard from RVC or notts after interview yet and nothing from liverpool after the work experience form! Bit of a blow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! You've still got plenty of time to hear back from Nottingham, and I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing it (I certainly am) but - no news is good news, I'm sure you'll get offers from the others! :smile:
Original post by Sennokazeni
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! You've still got plenty of time to hear back from Nottingham, and I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing it (I certainly am) but - no news is good news, I'm sure you'll get offers from the others! :smile:

Thank you! I'm panicking about RVC but I'll have to wait and see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I know this sounds quite pessimistic but does anyone have any advice for how to prepare for/deal with rejections? Still waiting on RVC but I know my interview went terribly anyway but I'm still just so jittery about it every time I get an email. I know a rejection is really a reflection of the level of competition but I can't help but think that after interview it is sort of a personal insult. :frown: I'm not good at dealing with rejection haha
Reply 5399
So I know this sounds quite pessimistic but does anyone have any advice for how to prepare for/deal with rejections? Still waiting on RVC but I know my interview went terribly anyway but I'm still just so jittery about it every time I get an email. I know a rejection is really a reflection of the level of competition but I can't help but think that after interview it is sort of a personal insult. :frown: I'm not good at dealing with rejection haha

If you got interviewed by RVC you have a lot going for you eg PS, grades, WE
So for this university you need to work on your interview (if you don't get an offer elsewhere)
Don't give up. If you want this and improve you will get in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending