The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liberty.
Just got an email asking for references 😁 at least that means they're still considering people!
They have to be all difficult with the references though 😔

Oh well done😄 thats great! I still havent had anything😕😕! Is it for references from your work experience? What are they asking for?!
Original post by meganrayc
Oh well done😄 thats great! I still havent had anything😕😕! Is it for references from your work experience? What are they asking for?!

Yeh :smile:
'The reference(s) must be provided on practice headed paper, clearly state the dates worked (start and finish), provide comment on the tasks undertaken, applicant ability and performance and be written and signed by either an RVN or MRCVS.'
Which is kinda a bit much, especially when my old practice experience was over a year ago :frown: just going to be hard to chase it up, should've been prepared really aha
Reply 262
Got a unconditional from Nottingham trent! So happy good luck everyone x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
Got a unconditional from Nottingham trent! So happy good luck everyone x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I've got a conditional for Nottingham Trent :smile: Do you think you will be going there or not?
Reply 264
Yeah I am:smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liberty.
Yeh :smile:
'The reference(s) must be provided on practice headed paper, clearly state the dates worked (start and finish), provide comment on the tasks undertaken, applicant ability and performance and be written and signed by either an RVN or MRCVS.'
Which is kinda a bit much, especially when my old practice experience was over a year ago :frown: just going to be hard to chase it up, should've been prepared really aha

Oh god, i'm glad im quite friendly with the vet staff where i've been going on work experience for the past two years if they ask me! Do you have a deadline for this?! Or can you just scan it through/email it to them? :smile:
Original post by xjamiex
Yeah I am:smile: what about you?

I don't know, as I still have an interview right at the end of April and I am waiting to see if Harper Adams want to interview me.

Nottingham is a really nice place though, so I just don't know :tongue:
Reply 267
Ahh good luck! Let me know how it goes x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
Ahh good luck! Let me know how it goes x

Thanks! Have you had offers from anywhere else, and if so what made you choose Nottingham?

When did you have your interview for Trent? I just wondered if I might have seen you :smile:
Reply 269
Nottingham trent was always my top choice I think the place is lovely and I love the veterinary nursing unit! I haven't had any other offers yet but it doesn't matter now haha.
I went for my interview on 14th of feb and they let me know in just under a week, you?x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
Nottingham trent was always my top choice I think the place is lovely and I love the veterinary nursing unit! I haven't had any other offers yet but it doesn't matter now haha.
I went for my interview on 14th of feb and they let me know in just under a week, you?x

Me too! And the animal facilities are really nice, plus the cats wandering around campus :tongue:

I had mine the same day, I was in the morning group.
Reply 271
So was I! What do you look like? (As weird as that sounds) 😂
And that's what got me too! Cats are my fave 😸

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
So was I! What do you look like? (As weird as that sounds) ������
And that's what got me too! Cats are my fave ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I have a full fringe, brown hair, I had a massive bag and I was wearing a dress. Average to short height. Don't know what else to say :tongue: I was in the first group to do the written task if we were in the same group and I played the word kitten in hangman, if you have a really good memory :tongue:
What about you?
I totally love cats and I think it's great that they get to wander around, as other places don't do that. When I was on the tour I ran back to let a cat in :'p
Reply 273
I'm really trying to think 😬 was you the one that came with your grandparents? I had my interview first. But I have blonde ish hair, quite tall wearing a cream blouse. I probably looked like a nervous wreck as well haha!
And yeah exactly! The cats got me haha ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
I'm really trying to think ������ was you the one that came with your grandparents? I had my interview first. But I have blonde ish hair, quite tall wearing a cream blouse. I probably looked like a nervous wreck as well haha!
And yeah exactly! The cats got me haha ☺️

No, I was with my dad. Hmm, I think I might have seen you!
Haha, I think everybody did :tongue:

Did you talk to many people on the day? Everyone was so friendly!
Reply 275
Were you wearing a black leather jacket?
And yeah quite a few people, it seems like a lovely place :smile: have you still not heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
Were you wearing a black leather jacket?
And yeah quite a few people, it seems like a lovely place :smile: have you still not heard anything?

No, I had a blue coat and then a black cardigan.

I got my offer last Thursday, conditional. :biggrin: I think I mentioned it a while back, as well as an offer from Mysercough College. :smile: The conditions are very easy though. I think that mostly because I am doing a BTEC, so I know my grades. :smile:

Would you be living on campus?
Reply 277
So you did haha!
No I'd live at home I think as it's only 50 minutes away and it saves so much money! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
So you did haha!
No I'd live at home I think as it's only 50 minutes away and it saves so much money! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be living on site, as I live around an hour and a half away. The accommodation is so expensive though, my student finance won't even cover it! Where abouts do you live, like county?
Original post by xjamiex
So you did haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Sorry to interrupt!

Congratulations to you both on your offer! I just noticed you said you're living at home and I'm glad I've found someone else doing that too, I live around 50mins away from the campus as well :-) x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending