The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Greenwich University Adult Nursing 2015 intake

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone is coming to study adult nursing at Greenwich university in September 2015. I just thought we could probably start discussing and getting to know each other.
I am also local to Greenwich university so if anyone is coming from outside of london I'll be happy to help, if I can answer any questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hello :smile:!,

I am studying mental health nursing in September 2015, and I think all nursing students are put together for a lot of lectures ect. I will be travelling in from Kent!

Rachel :smile:
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Hello, that's great. I think we are all going to be together for the most part of the first year. I am local to Avery hill. I am looking forward to starting. When was your assesememt and interview. I had mine last year but deferred to start this year.

Tobi.
Not so sure yet lol

I have an interview with them in two weeks time for Adult Nursing.

Were the questions hard, moderate or simple?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi the questions I was asked was:

Why I wanted to study nursing and why I chose the branch(adult nursing)
Why do I think adult nursing is more suitable to me.
How I will manage my time during studies
I was also asked to expand on the experience I wrote in my personal statement.
What strategy have I put in place to help me through studies in terms of support both mentally and financially.
Why I choose Greenwich university.

This is as far as I remember I will think again and try and see if I can remember more.
Basically, the interviewers are nice. They try to prompt you to the right answer if you get stuck or have a mind blank, all they want to know and see is that you are committed to studying the course and won't back out half way through the course.
Let us know how you get on and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Hope I have helped a bit.
Original post by tobisky247
Hi the questions I was asked was:

Why I wanted to study nursing and why I chose the branch(adult nursing)
Why do I think adult nursing is more suitable to me.
How I will manage my time during studies
I was also asked to expand on the experience I wrote in my personal statement.
What strategy have I put in place to help me through studies in terms of support both mentally and financially.
Why I choose Greenwich university.

This is as far as I remember I will think again and try and see if I can remember more.
Basically, the interviewers are nice. They try to prompt you to the right answer if you get stuck or have a mind blank, all they want to know and see is that you are committed to studying the course and won't back out half way through the course.
Let us know how you get on and if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Hope I have helped a bit.

God bless you!!! You are the only person who helped me in regards to this interview.

I will bare these questions in mind and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thats okay. Am happy to help. Also just to mention when you go for the interview, try not to appear over confident when answering questions, and at the same time don't get to nervous and appear not to know what you are talking about. It's okay to be nervous though, how you overcome the nervousness is more important. It shows you want it and not one of those who knows everything rather you are willing to learn and improve on your imperfections. Hope this makes sense.
I think that will be good a nice mix of people ! I had my assessment beginning of December, I am excited and nervous too!

:smile:
Original post by babyshawte
Not so sure yet lol

Thanks in advance ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree the questions where rather easy, just show that you are passionate about the course and you will be fine :smile:.
Thats okay. Am happy to help. Also just to mention when you go for the interview, try not to appear over confident when answering questions, and at the same time don't get to nervous and appear not to know what you are talking about. It's okay to be nervous though, how you overcome the nervousness is more important. It shows you want it and not one of those who knows everything rather you are willing to learn and improve on your imperfections. Hope this makes sense.

I totally understand ^_^

I did my other nursing interview last month, and was being myself throughout the whole experience and managed to get an offer at the end.

I don't want to go in "over confident" as I've been through the interview stage before.

I'm still nervous at the same time, because it's a different university with different interviewers and I don't want to mess up :frown: . But, hopefully the interview will go well and I get as much luck as you had :tongue:

I'll let you know how it goes and thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Randomrach
I agree the questions where rather easy, just show that you are passionate about the course and you will be fine :smile:.

Thank you!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
You're welcome. When is your interview? And is greenwich your first choice?.
You're welcome. When is your interview? And is greenwich your first choice?.

My interview is on the 12th of March.

I'm not sure tbh, it's hard to make a decision! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not so sure yet lol

Thanks in advance ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with your interview - my interview is March 10th
Original post by Spencer77
Good luck with your interview - my interview is March 10th

Thank you and good luck with yours too!!!

Is Greenwich your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
oh okay all the best and good luck. am sure you will be fine. i know its hard to decide. but i decided based on distance as well as what Greenwich has to offer. i have a few friends who started last year and they are all enjoying it. what other universities have you applied to.
Reply 16
all the best and good luck @spencer. let us know how it goes
Thank you and good luck with yours too!!!

Is Greenwich your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you ver much and yes, Greenwich is my first choice so I am just doing lots of math revision at the moment!
all the best and good luck @spencer. let us know how it goes

I will do! What sort of math stuff came up was it like percentages and conversions? Long multiplication?

Also, does any one know the pass mark for both the English and Maths tests?
Original post by Randomrach
I think that will be good a nice mix of people ! I had my assessment beginning of December, I am excited and nervous too!

:smile:

How did your assessment go? What sort of stuff came up in the maths and english? Any tips you could give?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending