The Student Room Group

Funding during the same year?

If I was to withdraw from my current university in january/february, but then apply for a different course at a different uni for September intake, would I still receive funding for the September start course? I saw something about not being able to receive funding for 2 active courses in the same year, but was this referring to the same academic year?
Original post by queenhol
If I was to withdraw from my current university in january/february, but then apply for a different course at a different uni for September intake, would I still receive funding for the September start course? I saw something about not being able to receive funding for 2 active courses in the same year, but was this referring to the same academic year?

Hi queenhol,

That is 2 separate academic years as the 23/24 academic year will end and the 24/25 year will start on the first of September. You can change intake if you withdraw from the previous course and then apply as a new student. If you only have 1 year of previous study, then you will be eligible for the duration of a new eligible course.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi queenhol,

That is 2 separate academic years as the 23/24 academic year will end and the 24/25 year will start on the first of September. You can change intake if you withdraw from the previous course and then apply as a new student. If you only have 1 year of previous study, then you will be eligible for the duration of a new eligible course.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you, I actually have 2 years of previous study but will be applying next year for an undergraduate adult nursing degree and was told my previous study would be disregarded and I would be eligible for funding for a nursing course as it’s an exemption course. Is this true?
Hi queenhol,

Yes, previous study rules do not apply in the same way for Allied Health Professional courses which is what Adult Nursing would fall under. Your previous study for other courses would be disregarded.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending