The Student Room Group

January cohort for adult Nursing

What is it like applying for the January cohort for adult nursing? I am very interested in University of Gloucestershire January 2024 start. I had offers from universities to start in September 2023 but due personal circumstances, it wasn't the correct time for me to start university. Upon research and peer advice, January start seemed to be the way for me as I do not have to wait until September 2024 to start. I think by then I will have lost my drive to go onto further studying as I am a mature student.
Are there any universities that has a Jan/Feb start for adult nursing in the Southwest area? I was only able to find the one.
Hi @a07_a21,

We have a great cohort ready for January 2024 entry, some of which are also mature students who are in similar circumstances to yourself.
We also host a Welcome Week with plenty of events for students to get to know each other, so it's really not too different than if you had joined in September!

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any other questions you may have😊
Mara (Offical UoG rep!)
Original post by a07_a21
What is it like applying for the January cohort for adult nursing? I am very interested in University of Gloucestershire January 2024 start. I had offers from universities to start in September 2023 but due personal circumstances, it wasn't the correct time for me to start university. Upon research and peer advice, January start seemed to be the way for me as I do not have to wait until September 2024 to start. I think by then I will have lost my drive to go onto further studying as I am a mature student.
Are there any universities that has a Jan/Feb start for adult nursing in the Southwest area? I was only able to find the one.

Hi there!

Current January intake mature student nurse here.
Whilst LJMU is not in the SW, I can speak from personal experience about being a January intake, and I prefer it. I was in a similar situation in that it wasn't the right time for me to begin in September, but didn't want to wait for the following September.

From past experience, UCAS will show universities that provide a January intake, if you haven't checked there already

Good luck!

Nat
Reply 3
Original post by LJMUStudentReps
Hi there!

Current January intake mature student nurse here.
Whilst LJMU is not in the SW, I can speak from personal experience about being a January intake, and I prefer it. I was in a similar situation in that it wasn't the right time for me to begin in September, but didn't want to wait for the following September.

From past experience, UCAS will show universities that provide a January intake, if you haven't checked there already

Good luck!

Nat

Thank you so much for your response. I have yet to apply but have visited a university that does a Jan cohort. Applying for September intake was quite straightforward but I have no clue on applying for Jan intake and I really want to attend in Jan 2024. I have a feeling I am a bit too late =(
Reply 4
Original post by UoG Official Rep
Hi @a07_a21,

We have a great cohort ready for January 2024 entry, some of which are also mature students who are in similar circumstances to yourself.
We also host a Welcome Week with plenty of events for students to get to know each other, so it's really not too different than if you had joined in September!

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any other questions you may have😊
Mara (Offical UoG rep!)

Thank you so much!
When does application open or is it too late to submit one for Jan 2024? I visited UoG open day last month and got a really good feeling about it but still very nervous about the fact being a mature student and not fitting in with the youngsters.
Original post by a07_a21
Thank you so much!
When does application open or is it too late to submit one for Jan 2024? I visited UoG open day last month and got a really good feeling about it but still very nervous about the fact being a mature student and not fitting in with the youngsters.

It's certainly not too late to apply for January 24, we still have plenty of applications coming in!

We also have events during Welcome Week specifically for mature students to get to know each other, so you will get a chance to meet others similar age to you😊

I hope this helps!
Reply 6
Original post by UoG Official Rep
It's certainly not too late to apply for January 24, we still have plenty of applications coming in!

We also have events during Welcome Week specifically for mature students to get to know each other, so you will get a chance to meet others similar age to you😊

I hope this helps!

Thank you!
Is it the same process as when applying for the September intake via UCAS? I am logging into my UCAS account on another tab as I type away.
Welcome week sounds like the way to go in order to build a peer group to get through Uni.
Thanks so much for your advice, really appreciated!
Original post by a07_a21
Thank you!
Is it the same process as when applying for the September intake via UCAS? I am logging into my UCAS account on another tab as I type away.
Welcome week sounds like the way to go in order to build a peer group to get through Uni.
Thanks so much for your advice, really appreciated!

Yes, it should be the same process, just make sure you have January selected.
Best of luck!😊
Original post by a07_a21
Thank you so much for your response. I have yet to apply but have visited a university that does a Jan cohort. Applying for September intake was quite straightforward but I have no clue on applying for Jan intake and I really want to attend in Jan 2024. I have a feeling I am a bit too late =(

I was a late applier and still managed to get in to a January intake, my advice would be to call/email as soon as possible and explain your difficulties with the application

Fingers crossed for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending