The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Totsdy
They said last week on twitter there will be more this week and they haven't posted to say which day yet. I hope there's a chance because I haven't heard and really want to go there. ������

I want to go there so badly :frown: good luck x
Original post by eagleowl
Got an offer from Bristol :smile:

I was interviewed on the 25th of Feb and need to get a 2.1 in my undergrad. I'm so happy and relieved, I've been rejected from everywhere else :smile:

Congratulations with your offer! If you don't mind me asking, what undergraduate course are you doing at the moment? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Libby_4
Thank you! :smile: no my interviewer rang me up earlier

Congrats when was your interview x 😊
Not to make anyone else nervous but this time last year (the fourth of March, which is tomorrow) is when they gave out a big majority of the Nottingham offers.. So everyone keep their phones close at hand!
Original post by yesgeorgie
Not to make anyone else nervous but this time last year (the fourth of March, which is tomorrow) is when they gave out a big majority of the Nottingham offers.. So everyone keep their phones close at hand!

True but I think the fourth of March was when the first 'batch' went out last year... Seeing as some have already gone out this year (no idea how many though) it may be that they do the rest in a more even/spaced out fashion than last year where they did a large quantity on the first day. Fingers crossed for tomorrow though! Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Jisabella
Just received a telephone interview invitation from Liverpool. Was sure I'd be rejected for work experience as I didn't have much variety and hardly any large animal.

Well done !! Can I ask how many weeks you had on WEX? So you must have not got a rejection last week by email when other people did ?
Original post by lana241189
Congrats when was your interview x 😊

Thank you, it was 18th feb :smile:
Original post by Libby_4
Well done !! Can I ask how many weeks you had on WEX? So you must have not got a rejection last week by email when other people did ?

Thanks :smile:. I didn't hear anything until this morning, had no idea rejections went out until you said it actually.

I had 29.1 weeks:

- 4.2 vet practice (small only, since there's really no large animal vets or farming community in this country)

- 24.9 animal husbandry (1.4 alternative and 23.5 core in kennels, SPCA [cattery], petting zoo, dog breeder and livery yard)

So I didn't have any commercial farm, cattle, sheep/lambing, pigs etc. I guess they understand that students based internationally might not have access to that kind of thing (depending on the country).
Original post by Towy
Congratulations with your offer! If you don't mind me asking, what undergraduate course are you doing at the moment? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm at Glasgow doing Zoology :smile:
Got an unconditional offer from Bristol!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: two gap years and reaaplication now im finally going!

Got my Edinburgh interview tomorrow, can anyone tell me what the format was/ how long each section is/ how long i will be there?

Thanks
Original post by Bourne2410
Got an unconditional offer from Bristol!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: two gap years and reaaplication now im finally going!

Got my Edinburgh interview tomorrow, can anyone tell me what the format was/ how long each section is/ how long i will be there?

Thanks

Have you not received the email attachment explaining the interviews? The format is MMIs, and each section is 10 minutes long, with 2 minute gaps in between. I was there 11:00ish - 5:00pm, but if your tour is after your interview you can leave early.

Congratulations on your Bristol offer :smile:
Original post by Bourne2410

Congrats on Bristol!! I've just received an offer from Edinburgh myself :biggrin:

Not giving any info away that isn't available online, but there are multiple stations each with their own topic (animal welfare, work experience, ethics, dosage calculations, manual dexterity task, etc.) 10 minutes at each station, with a 2 minute rest station between each one. There's also a welcome talk and a tour. I was at the campus for well over 4 hours, so it definitely takes up most of your day. It's a beautiful new campus though and likely where I will be next year!!
Did anyone else receive an email offer from Nottingham?
Original post by aspiredvet

I'm guessing you did? Congratulations! Are you EU or international? If so that might explain why you got an email rather than phone call :smile:
Reply 6074
Original post by aspiredvet

Yeah I did, i think for me it was because on the Friday I missed three phone calls to my mobile and one to the home phone because I was at work so on Monday they gave up and just emailed me! I'm so excited to have my offer but it would have been nice to speak to my interviewer I think, but I'm definitely not complaining! Congratulations though, maybe see you in September :smile: xxx
Original post by harewo
Yeah I did, i think for me it was because on the Friday I missed three phone calls to my mobile and one to the home phone because I was at work so on Monday they gave up and just emailed me! I'm so excited to have my offer but it would have been nice to speak to my interviewer I think, but I'm definitely not complaining! Congratulations though, maybe see you in September :smile: xxx

Do you remember what time abouts you got the phone calls? :smile: congratulations!
Good luck to everyone at Edinburgh today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6077
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Good luck to everyone at Edinburgh today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not till next week! 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sax123
I'm not till next week! 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

The later the better to be honest :tongue: More time to prepare and less time to wait afterwards. I was there last week and I'm already desperate to hear back :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what date the majority of Liverpool offers were sent out last year? xxx Congrats to everyone holding offers. It pays off eventually :-) I hope....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending