The Student Room Group

HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Oh dear! Literally, just ring the Switchboard, ask to be transferred through to Finance and HR (don't give a reason) and then you'll get through to a menu of options, the first of which is for recruitment competitions. I was surprised how quickly I got through.
Original post by Liles93
Lol I phoned the Treasury and the woman who answered was like 'recruitment is done through the website, I don't have a number' :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you aren't waiting! I want to know but I dont so I can dream a bit longer :P This is like being stuck in a room with a large spider that you lose sight of
Aaaaaand I'm out, just got my email.

Good luck to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been rejected
I'm sorry to hear you guys didn't get it :/

I've still not heard anything back and I don't want to call them.

What time did you guys get the email? Just trying to see if they're doing it one by one or all at once.
Original post by explosion93
I'm sorry to hear you guys didn't get it :/

I've still not heard anything back and I don't want to call them.

What time did you guys get the email? Just trying to see if they're doing it one by one or all at once.

It was 4 pm for me
Original post by kevin6767
It was 4 pm for me

Cheers, just got my own rejection email now lol.

Anyway best of luck to the rest.
Sorry to hear the rejections guys. Did they offer you any feedback?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you study at university?
Hey Manutd, yeah they promised feedback for all who ask for it, which is good :smile:

And I studied history!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liles93
Hey Manutd, yeah they promised feedback for all who ask for it, which is good :smile:

And I studied history!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with whatever you are doing next.
Thanks. All the best in the treasury!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
For those who have received an offer: Have you received your health check-up and security vetting forms? I sent in the starter stuff last Tuesday and have not heard from them since.

For those who are still unclear with their status: call 020 7270 6000, press 3, then press 1, and you'll connect to the HMT's HR Department.
Hi mate. I got my offer on the phone last Thursday but have not received the new starter pack. I called them and they said that they were aiming to get them out by next week.

Quick question, are you looking to start in April or September. I am September so that may be a possible reason.

Cheers
Reply 133
Original post by ThePensioner
Hi mate. I got my offer on the phone last Thursday but have not received the new starter pack. I called them and they said that they were aiming to get them out by next week.

Quick question, are you looking to start in April or September. I am September so that may be a possible reason.

Cheers

Ah all right, I guess there is some bureaucratic difficulty with their system. I got my offer by phone last Monday and received the 'Offer of Employment' by email the following day; so I am guessing they failed to send out the starter packs (I refer to the email that includes the starter and pension forms) to every successful candidate.

FYI, I am starting in September 2015.

I was just getting anxious because they said they would contact me soon for a group briefing with regards to unit allocation, and I did not get anything since then.
Original post by Tr!G
Ah all right, I guess there is some bureaucratic difficulty with their system. I got my offer by phone last Monday and received the 'Offer of Employment' by email the following day; so I am guessing they failed to send out the starter packs (I refer to the email that includes the starter and pension forms) to every successful candidate.

FYI, I am starting in September 2015.

I was just getting anxious because they said they would contact me soon for a group briefing with regards to unit allocation, and I did not get anything since then.

I would not worry mate. I haven't even received the email or starter packs. All I have had from them is the initial phone call informing me of the offer on the Thursday. Good times...
Reply 135
Congrats to everyone who has received an offer, and commiserations to those who weren't so lucky this time. Remember there's plenty of opportunities out there. I'm very grateful to have been offered this position and proud to have been considered alongside you all.

Anyway, I got my offer some weeks ago (the monday after assessment centres ended) via phone, with the more official offer email arriving a few days after that. At the same time as that email I got other emails detailing the online security vetting process and health forms. I'm an April start though which probably explains the efficiency! I'd just give them an email if you're still missing things, they seem very friendly and helpful.

I'd encourage anyone who will be starting with me in April (or whenever, really, as we'll all be working together eventually!) to say hello here or give me a pm. There's not too many of us starting this year really and it'd be great to get to know a few of you before the game really begins.
Hello, I'm happy to echo the sentiments of MrHMT in all respects, particularly with regards to other opportunities: this scheme was far from the first I applied to.

I similarly got my offer a few weeks ago via phone, with various emails to follow in the days after. I'm still awaiting 'results' for various checks but I figure most are formalities, so mostly just waiting to start!

With regards to people missing emails, I'd give it some time as there is no particular urgency involved.

I agree it would be good to get in touch with fellow April starters, though I have no idea how many are starting, let alone on TSR!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to apply for this position when I finish my MA in 2018. However, my degree is English Literature with French, and I have a feeling that this will put me at a disadvantage. Did everyone who applied study finance/economics/maths? I do have some experience with money; I spent 6 weeks in a company dealing with their finances, so maybe this will help :/
I've still not received my contract...had the offer over the phone early March...
Original post by Emily Martha
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to apply for this position when I finish my MA in 2018. However, my degree is English Literature with French, and I have a feeling that this will put me at a disadvantage. Did everyone who applied study finance/economics/maths? I do have some experience with money; I spent 6 weeks in a company dealing with their finances, so maybe this will help :/

I studied law - don't think it matters if you've not got an economics/maths background.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending