The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Is it possible to live near Oxford for MSc Computer Science?

Hello everyone,

I'm from China with an unconditional offer of MSc Computer Science, and my girlfriend just got an offer from University of Oxford. The case is, we really want to live with each other, and Oxford might be the better choice because it's cheaper (is this correct?). So I'm writing to ask how intensive the MSc CS course is and if it's possible for me to live in Oxford and commute to IC everyday (or on days that have courses).

Thanks a lot.
Original post by wlnirvana
Hello everyone,

I'm from China with an unconditional offer of MSc Computer Science, and my girlfriend just got an offer from University of Oxford. The case is, we really want to live with each other, and Oxford might be the better choice because it's cheaper (is this correct?). So I'm writing to ask how intensive the MSc CS course is and if it's possible for me to live in Oxford and commute to IC everyday (or on days that have courses).

Thanks a lot.

If money is no object then....it's still a bad idea. The train journey from Oxford to Imperial will be around 2 hours in total. If you really want to live with your gf I guess you can do it but it will be very hard to manage.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Brubeckian
If money is no object then....it's still a bad idea. The train journey from Oxford to Imperial will be around 2 hours in total. If you really want to live with your gf I guess you can do it but it will be very hard to manage.

2 hours is kind of too long. Do you know how much will it cost for a round-way trip? And how intensive the MSc Computer Science is?
It depends on how much prior experience you have with programming. If none or close to none, it will be intensive.

And you will have classes every day (most likely).

I wouldn't want to waste 4 hours on commute every day (2 hours each way).

I live 35 minutes away from Imperial and I'm tired of the commute already!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending