The Student Room Group

Circle Theorems Question help

Hi guys,

My maths GCSE exam is in 4 weeks from now. Ive been revising but i struggle on circle theorems. I was looking for some questions and i came across some questions which ive put in the attachment, i don't remember them exactly as they were so i have made up some of the figures. Please can someone show me how to work these out so that i can practice it.
I will really appreciate any help. This is really important for me to learn and i will be grateful for any working out.
The attachment has 2 questions with it.

Thank you in advance.
Original post by Aty100
Hi guys,

My maths GCSE exam is in 4 weeks from now. Ive been revising but i struggle on circle theorems. I was looking for some questions and i came across some questions which ive put in the attachment, i don't remember them exactly as they were so i have made up some of the figures. Please can someone show me how to work these out so that i can practice it.
I will really appreciate any help. This is really important for me to learn and i will be grateful for any working out.

Thank you in advance.

1. Note that angle ABC=90 degrees (angle in a semi-circle)

2. triangle ABC is isosceles so what is angle ABC ?
angle XBZ=angle ABC (vertically opposite angles.
Reply 2
Original post by brianeverit
1. Note that angle ABC=90 degrees (angle in a semi-circle)

2. triangle ABC is isosceles so what is angle ABC ?
angle XBZ=angle ABC (vertically opposite angles.

Thank for your help :smile:
however im still unsure about the 1st one i understand number 2. For 1 do we use cosine rule to find the length of the diameter?
Original post by Aty100
Thank for your help :smile:
however im still unsure about the 1st one i understand number 2. For 1 do we use cosine rule to find the length of the diameter?

No. Pythagoras. ABC is a right angled triangle.
Reply 4
oh of course sorry, not feeling to well, cant think straight :frown:

But thanks so much for your help, dearly appreciated
Reply 5
heres the attachment with the actual questions sorry. Thanks once again for your time and help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by brianeverit
No. Pythagoras. ABC is a right angled triangle.

sorry i added a new attachment with the questions, will the answers be

a) 2 root 41
b) 41 pi
Original post by Aty100
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance.

You should use Mathswatch and go on GCSE maths takeaway.com

Quick Reply

Latest