The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah Labour-SNP coalition inevitable really. It's funny, if Miliband wasn't such of a retard I think Labour would've run away with it.
Original post by Mackay
Labour-SNP will be the coalition government obviously. Can't believe Cameron has empty chaired this. Miliband would have been subdued had he turned up.

Original post by Depleted
Yeah Labour-SNP coalition inevitable really. It's funny, if Miliband wasn't such of a retard I think Labour would've run away with it.

Isn't Labour-Lib Dem a possibility too? Lib Dems are predicted 20-40 seats while SNP are predicted 50 so if the Lib Dems joining Labour would be enough to get them a majority they might prefer that, not sure
Coalition with the SNP is just the end of Labour in Scotland tbh. The SNP are Scot Labour's biggest opposition, so any coalition basically renders Scottish Labour defunct.

I hate coalition govs. It's basically just how much are you willing to sell out your principles to get power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
honestly.. would prefer any combination rather then having the SNP in power..

only 6 months ago they wanted to leave us.. and now they may end up in a colation in power over us.
So what would happen theoretically if a lab-snp coalition had the same/similar amount of seats as a tory-lib government?
Original post by jam277
So what would happen theoretically if a lab-snp coalition had the same/similar amount of seats as a tory-lib government?

that would not be possible.

650 seats in parliment

So 326 is a majority.

For a coalition to work, it needs to have a majority..

So lets say that LAB + SNP had a total of 356 seats..

Means the maximum TORY + LIB could have would be 296

Etc.

If say, it was under the majority.. so say it was:

LAB + SNP = 290 / TORY + LIB = 290

Then chances are that 3 would join together.. so you would end up with:

LAB + SNP + LIB = 330 / TORY = 250

---

Or alternativly one of them would just say **** it.. and rules as a minority party. meaning they have the most MPs out of any party.. but not enough for a majority.
Original post by jam277

Can't happen.

Miliband will be PM come May. Last night was the final nail for Cameron's coffin.
Yep, Miliband will definitely be PM unless the Tories somehow get a majority. A coalition with the SNP has been continuously ruled out by Labour and it would be pretty ineffective for the whole of the UK. A vote-by-vote basis with the left-wing parties seems most probable.

Personally hoping for the Lib Dems to win around 40 seats and enter into government in some form - contrary to popular opinion they have been very effective in the last government and have the best vision for the country. As Clegg said, they would give a heart to the Tories and a brain to Labour.
So apparently doctors can't do anything bar physiotheraphy for a knee injury for at least 3-4 months because the swelling is too big. They have to wait for it to go down, do an MRI scan, wait for the results, and if physio doesn't help surgery to repair my ligaments that may be broken, meaning another few months with hardly any motion in my knee. Gutted I can't play anymore football and I now I hear that I can't play till September at the earliest. FML.
Original post by The Shed End
So apparently doctors can't do anything bar physiotheraphy for a knee injury for at least 3-4 months because the swelling is too big. They have to wait for it to go down, do an MRI scan, wait for the results, and if physio doesn't help surgery to repair my ligaments that may be broken, meaning another few months with hardly any motion in my knee. Gutted I can't play anymore football and I now I hear that I can't play till September at the earliest. FML.

Unlucky man, stay strong. I did my ACL in last June, it cost me a lot more than casually playing sports, and I've only started games since February, had to play as a sub from around Jan time.
Original post by Depleted
Unlucky man, stay strong. I did my ACL in last June, it cost me a lot more than casually playing sports, and I've only started games since February, had to play as a sub from around Jan time.

Ah that's crap man, did you do any physio at all, and through where? Don't really like the idea of waiting for them to call and confirm appointments and all that crap. Had an appointment at the hospital today at 10 and didn't get seen till about 11, where it was over in about 5-10 minutes.

Did you feel stronger/more stable when you started playing again?
Original post by The Shed End

are you in an academy or jumpers for goalposts?
Original post by swirly
are you in an academy or jumpers for goalposts?

I'm on the brink of the Liverpool first team m8.

Uni and Sunday League teams.
http://share33.damn.com/crazy-tinder-date-backfires/?utm_source=acv&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=tinderdateacv
oh lord..... quick thinkin from the "gay" guy though, starts chattin about the notebook :rofl:
because normal youtube embedding is overrated now:confused:
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
http://share33.damn.com/crazy-tinder-date-backfires/?utm_source=acv&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=tinderdateacv
oh lord..... quick thinkin from the "gay" guy though, starts chattin about the notebook :rofl:

**** man she pulled a gun on him:eek:

if someone did that to me, would pursue criminal and civil law suits for assault. dont care if it was for a youtube video or not.
Original post by swirly
**** man she pulled a gun on him:eek:

if someone did that to me, would pursue criminal and civil law suits for assault. dont care if it was for a youtube video or not.

i was thinkin this too but can he still do it if the gun wasn't loaded/real?
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
i was thinkin this too but can he still do it if the gun wasn't loaded/real?

nope under common law a person is liable for assault if they cause another to apprehend the immediate application of unlawful force, wether intentionally or recklessly.

the force doesn't have to be applied (that would be a battery or an offence against the person), there just has to be fear of a force being applied, so it matters not if the gun is real/loaded.
Original post by swirly
nope under common law a person is liable for assault if they cause another to apprehend the immediate application of unlawful force, wether intentionally or recklessly.

the force doesn't have to be applied (that would be a battery or an offence against the person), there just has to be fear of a force being applied, so it matters not if the gun is real/loaded.

makes me think its fake then, fouseytube is a moron and one of the biggest melts on youtube but surely wouldnt be this stupid.
Thought the dench guy was Oxelade Chamberlain for a bit

Latest