The Student Room Group

Citizenship gcse

hi!

I have my my first gcse tomorrow and its Citizenship in the afternoon. I am quite nervous as i have never done an exam in the exam hall. What will it be like? I'm also starting to feel a bit anxious now even though in my head i know i have revised and studied as much as i can. does anyone have any tips on how to stay calm? is anyone doing the same exam tomorrow?

x

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

I have Citizenship in the afternoon tomorrow too! Its my first GCSE exam this year but I took two last year. (science+maths)
It's not actually too bad once you are sat in the hall and I found that once I began my exam it was all ok!
I found that chewing gum before the exam really helped
How was your coursework mark? If that was good then that takes the pressure off because if its the same GCSE I'm doing then the coursework counted towards 60% of the mark

Good Luck :smile:
Same. 60% is coursework. I don't know the mark but was told the first one was a B and the second was a A. Good luck!
Thats good then!!
Have you been able to do much revision?
Original post by purple__wizard
hi!

I have my my first gcse tomorrow and its Citizenship in the afternoon. I am quite nervous as i have never done an exam in the exam hall. What will it be like? I'm also starting to feel a bit anxious now even though in my head i know i have revised and studied as much as i can. does anyone have any tips on how to stay calm? is anyone doing the same exam tomorrow?

x

SAME!, but mines in the morning :frown:
Reply 5
Hey, i have my citizenship tomorrow too! Unfortunately I got a C in the coursework (worst subject grade) and i had no time to redo so hoping for A/B tomorrow to push it up!

Good luck with yours :-)
Original post by parker13
Hey, i have my citizenship tomorrow too! Unfortunately I got a C in the coursework (worst subject grade) and i had no time to redo so hoping for A/B tomorrow to push it up!

Good luck with yours :-)

Don't worry about it ... If you're on Edexcel like mine .. with our mock i got a D in the paper and a C in C/A and i got an overall C so dont worry about it !!!

GOOD LUCK
How did everyone find it?
It wasn't too bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I was gutted with the last question, it was the only thing I hadn't gone over much and I couldn't remember the other British values... :frown:
Reply 10
What did everyone put for the question about Sandra the police officer. Could she break into the home or no?
That is not the exam I done 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
My last question was where u have to pick between 3 questions and do a 12 mark answer on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamesK30
What did everyone put for the question about Sandra the police officer. Could she break into the home or no?

I said she could, what about you?
Reply 14
Original post by purple__wizard
My last question was where u have to pick between 3 questions and do a 12 mark answer on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes I also did the edexcel exam which had this. Which of the three questions did you pick? I picked the one about first past the post.
Original post by Issy48
yes I also did the edexcel exam which had this. Which of the three questions did you pick? I picked the one about first past the post.

I did too
Reply 16
How did you find Section A? I thought some of the questions were a bit random and not really related to the course material.
Original post by Issy48
How did you find Section A? I thought some of the questions were a bit random and not really related to the course material.

if youre talking bout edexcel then yesss omg totally
i hate that i revised my ass off and half was not even course material
Reply 18
Original post by AyshuPayshu
if youre talking bout edexcel then yesss omg totally
i hate that i revised my ass off and half was not even course material

Definitely, we were told to revise loads about the government stuff because of the election and there was nothing about it in Theme 2 only some weird questions about dodgy police officers and crime statistics??
Original post by Issy48
Definitely, we were told to revise loads about the government stuff because of the election and there was nothing about it in Theme 2 only some weird questions about dodgy police officers and crime statistics??

you mean the general election of a few days ago ? ????

Quick Reply

Latest